Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are all the tall guys in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭alexv

Hiding

I think I honestly need to move to the Netherlands at this stage lol. I'm 5'10 and 27 and I've never dated anyone over 6 foot. *Cries in Spanish*

Any girls know any tall lads who are into rock music and you know are nice lol

Debes montar un grupo o un club.

https://youtu.be/Y5zv1_7CcyU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Saying 181 sounds better than 5 foot 9 but that isn't short it's average!

181 cm is well above average.......
    5.9 foot is not the same as 5'9"
    People don't even know how many inches are in a foot but insist on using feet.
    They don't teach the imperial system in schools anymore so it's crazy to still cling on to it.
    Same with miles, many still use it but have no idea how many feet or yards are in a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭TheDenialTwist

quinnd6 wrote: »
    Eh there's a Coronavirus.
    Not the best time to be looking for a daddy long legs mate
    now is it.

I think it could be the perfect time. And something to look forward to when this pandemic is over.

We're only trying to find out where the tall men are located. No harm in that, surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

One of my friends got a boob job and they look unreal.

Does she like tall guys? Set me up with her!

tuxy wrote: »
    They don't teach the imperial system in schools anymore so it's crazy to still cling on to it.
    Same with miles, many still use it but have no idea how many feet or yards are in a mile.

Ah, the thread is just trying to figure out where the tall guys are located, and what's the big deal with using feet and inches?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

If I wore stillettos. I'd be tall too.

Road trip post quarantine

Most definitely... Rock on and find the tall men of Ireland.

If I wore stillettos. I'd be tall too.

Yeah, I did mention that in an earlier post

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Does anyone know why tall women are generally underweight compared to their tall male counterparts? I heard its the lack of testetone which builds muscle. Tall women dont have much musvle and if they are of normal weight, not much fat so they'll be have weight issues

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭DisneyLover

I'm so lost lol. I thought 180 cm was 5 foot 9 so sorry for that my bad !
    We're in Ireland so we all use feet and say 5 foot 10 etc so what are you ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

All my boyfriends have been 5 foot 10 to 6 foot. 5 foot 10 was slightly shorter than me. I will obviously date someone 5 foot 11 + but I'd just like to feel short for once ! It's to feel more feminine really straight men won't get it

Straight men probably wont admit the reason they prefer short girls is to feel more masculine :P
    Feck it, I'm bi and I've ever been with men taller than me. I'm asking questions about myself now.:pac:

I asked the gf once if being shorter made her feel more feminine and she just said she'd feel sorry for any guy that was shorter than her so, short girls probably don't get it either.

GarIT wrote: »
    Does she like tall guys? Set me up with her!

Wow seriously ???? And no she's taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Ah, the thread is just trying to figure out where the tall guys are located, and what's the big deal with using feet and inches?

Using feet and inches is confusing the situation since the OP don't know how many inches are in a foot, they assumed it was 10. With metric these mistakes are not made. How can we figure out who is tall if the measurements are not understood?

I think it could be the perfect time. And something to look forward to when this pandemic is over.

We're only trying to find out where the tall men are located. No harm in that, surely.

Now I just need to learn how to drive my friend :pac:

Does anyone know why tall women are generally underweight compared to their tall male counterparts? I heard its the lack of testetone which builds muscle. Tall women dont have much musvle and if they are of normal weight, not much fat so they'll be have weight issues

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭pmurphy00

I have a house in Kerry and haven't found one. Would love a tall Kerry man.

Haha right so down to Langtons it is :pac: I do love the cats so hurling and tall yessss please

what's your tactics gonna be?
    just walk up to the tallest fella and start from there?:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I'm 6"2 and I'm usually the tallest man around. Obviously I'll often be dwarfted by someone from time to time but most of the time not. I think 6"2 is perfect. Anything more is just a little like a freakshow or Peter Crouch looking

Using feet and inches is confusing the situation since the OP don't know how many inches are in a foot, they assumed it was 10. With metric these mistakes are not made. How can we figure out who is tall if the measurements are not understood?

Thanks I'm good at math but have no clue about centimetres etc I always use foot. It's like when people use kg instead of stone or pounds with me and I'm like.. K lol

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I'm 6"2 and I'm usually the tallest man around. Obviously I'll often be dwarfted by someone from time to time but most of the time not. I think 6"2 is perfect. Anything more is just a little like a freakshow or Peter Crouch looking

6 foot 2 is perfect !

You'll be added to the list what county you in lll

pmurphy00 wrote: »
    what's your tactics gonna be?
    just walk up to the tallest fella and start from there?:D:D

Well none of my mates really drink and I don't even like clubs so I've no idea :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

6 foot 2 is perfect !

You'll be added to the list what county you in lll

Dublin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭quinnd6

No harm at all.
    Where are the good looking single women then who are looking for bald average height men lol?
    Oh dear.
    This is why I gave up looking for a girlfriend.
    The shallowness and bs of it all.
    My faith in women is at an ultimate low and has been
    for quite a while.
    Anyway good luck in your shallow journey.
    I'm done.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Dublin :D

...... Omg I might not have to venture out so I'm in Dublin lol. Rest all in the south apparently haha

croker99 wrote: »
    Where are all the skinny women in Ireland

This thread is looking for where the tall guys are?

Skinny women are everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

I find a lot of people throw out the "must be at least 6ft" line without having a clue what height that really is.

It's pretty understandable if an exceptionally tall woman prefers a man her own height, but all these women who are at, or below, average height throwing it out as an unconditional demand is kinda bizarre.

Especially when you know most of them wouldn't even notice if a guy was 5'10 rather than 6', even though there's a fair difference in a) height and b) number of people who are actually 6'.....

I'm 5'11 and I'm shorter than my dad and grandad. I kinda like exceptionally short and tall women in equal measure (not that I've any problem with people in between like).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

alexv wrote: »
    I don't think your main problem is averaged size men.

It's average and below average height women that you should be whining about. They take all the above average height men from the market, and leave long/gawky women with few options.

Don't be sad though, it's never too late to find the plank of your dreams.
    Funny enough you do see a fair few tall women on tinder. I know one woman in her early 30's who is 5"11 , a real stunner (she was a model for years). She has been single for ages. Now she does have a kid but still, I thought she would have met someone by now. She said she finds it near impossible to find a guy of the right height.

quinnd6 wrote: »
    No harm at all.
    Where are the good looking single women then who are looking for bald average height men lol?
    Oh dear.
    This is why I gave up looking for a girlfriend.
    The shallowness and bs of it all.
    My faith in women is at an ultimate low and has been
    for quite a while.
    Anyway good luck in your shallow journey.
    I'm done.

Jaysus get over yourself love. Nothing wrong with being bald never mentioned that. And nothing wrong with average height I only made a thread on it cause I'm bored out of my mind on 13 days self isolation.

And I'm not shallow lol bye

...... Omg I might not have to venture out so I'm in Dublin lol. Rest all in the south apparently haha

Breaking news: tall guy has been located in Dublin.

Entering the data now.

This is great news for you Disney

• Registered Users Posts: 13,285 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Tyranusarusrekt+bigtop+four+biggest+attention+seeking+s+on+fjbig+big31_bb9079_5479212.jpg

• Advertisement

Funny enough you do see a fair few tall women on tinder. I know one girl in her early 30's who is 5"11 , a real stunner (she was a model for years). She has been single for ages. Now she does have a kid but still, I thought she would have met someone by now. She said she finds it near impossible to find a guy of the right height.

I know a girl of that exact description and if it's the same girl I know she's also the nicest girl ever!

I know how she feels alright

Advertisement