Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Realistically we should be at 90% of all available people vaccinated by then, the only ones left either can't or won't get vaccinated, so leave it up to them if they want to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Don't suppose anyone heard any word on the Sounds From A Safe Harbour festival in Cork meant to take place around mid September? Hopefully it can go ahead in some format but if they're waiting for updated advice from government, it could be too late. Unless they push back the dates or something maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

Why should it be up to those whose unvaccinated status puts others at risk whether or not they want to go?

If you can't get jabbed for a valid (and provable medical) reason then maybe.

If you're simply refusing to get jabbed on the basis of unsubstantiated rubbish posted online by some know-nothing over the word of vastly experienced epidemiological experts, then no.

Have indoor gigs asked for a vaccine pass so far? Or was there no update for gigs since introduction of it? Booked an indoor gig in a few weeks time and no mention of one. Have it anyway but was just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭fafy

Just got an email re postponement of Soda Blonde in Cyprus Avenue, originally scheduled for September 9th, now moved to December 5th.

Email content was very telling:

“Thank you for your continued patience and understanding as we work towards the return of live music. Unfortunately, as the date for this show rapidly approaches, we still lack the necessary guidelines from the government to allow us to proceed and thus have had to move it back to ensure it can go ahead.”

• Advertisement

i understand a roadmap is being announced soon by government. but they need to get a move on, as gigs cannot be organised in a week or two, so many logistics involved.

But tbf, i would expect “indoor” gigs to be detailed in the plan, i’d expect a vax cert production, on entry, - and most people would be fine with that.

On Sounds From A Safe Harbour, i messaged them last month to see if installment 3 of the festival. is going ahead, have heard nothing back, and nothing on their online pages, so i would not be optimistic of in person events, maybe something online.

Yeah thinking maybe online alright but nothing even about that. Not sure would they have it next year and break with the every 2 years thing.

There's been the pilot ones but yeah not a huge amount. I've booked Villagers for 3rd September for Dun Laoighaire folk festival so maybe they're hoping to have an update in the meantime. No mention of vaccine certs when booking though.

• Advertisement

Actually, SFASH is installment “4 “ this year, if it goes ahead - forgot it started in 2015, and takes place, every 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭gipi

For info, my experience of getting a refund from TM was a positive one.

When the Genesis gig was postponed for the 3rd time a few weeks ago, I mailed TM to ask if I could get a refund (I contacted them through my TM account as other posters have described). I had a reply back the same afternoon to say my refund had been processed, and the money was in my bank account 5 days later.

I think by end of August, more than 3.5 million will be fully vacinated, thats definitely a tipping point for allowing indoor gigs to go ahead, maybe with a gradual increase capacities, at first, and production of certs on entry is only to be expected.

The vast majority of people now have very little excuse, not to be vaccinated, bar a tiny minority, who have severe ongoing medical issues, or recovering from a medical issue.

So almost everyone who is not vacinated who is over 18, either won’t take it, or just couldn’t be bothered. Society has to move on, so unfortunately it looks like this grouping, will be left behind, and excluded for things like indoor gigs.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Ive a gig next week in grand social, midnight gig... no indoor music and bars close at 11... im pensively optimistic

If its outdoors and under 200, it should be fine. I was at Paul Noonan last Sunday night - he did two solo gigs outdoors in the venue, all went very well. All tables of 6 or less. Maybe 100 in attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Genesis show in Belfast on the 18th September has been postponed

Not surprised, moving all the gear across for 1 gig, rather than 1 x Belfast & 2 x Dublin, would not have made sense

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭RamonD3

More photoshoots for politicians and influencers. Nonsense.

The 3Arena will might get a few shows by the likes of Picture This, The Coronas etc

The whole situation is a farse and disrespectful to the industry. A lot of English Arenas opened fully and operating very well

• Advertisement

Which English arenas are fully opened? Who can I go see in england in an arena tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Johnlynch1970

no i dont thin they would actually, any pubs ive come across who are looking for vax certs they are pretty much empty, its discrimination upre and simple, and im fully vaccinated myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Its not a farce and just because some English venues are open doesnt mean we should. I get it you are frustrated gigs arent happening but stop thinking we should be doing what the english/brits are doing as by and large they have got a lot of what they have done during this whole period quite wrong compared to us. Are we going about things quite slowly. Yes and too slowly at this stage but its not disrespetful to the industry.

O2 Arena in London was opened the last few days. Gorillaz played 2 shows (1 been for NHS workers) and Liam Gallagher played Tuesday night for NHS workers

Manchester Arena had an event last week

So 4 events in the month since arenas have reopened, all by local acts is fully open and operating very well? But Irish bands playing the 3 arena would be a "farce"......

Do you just enjoy being angry and if you can't find something to be angry about you make it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Blut2

90% of the adult population of Ireland is now vaccinated as of this week. By the start of September the vaccination program will basically be finished.

England has a lower vaccination rate than us, and has been fully open for a month. Gigs, sports events, nightclubs, no masks required anywhere...and the sky hasn't fallen there. Cases have actually gone down in that time.

If we can't have gigs then what are we waiting for? When will we be able to? Surely the government can give the tens of thousands of people who work in the industry (nevermind the fans..) some sort of timeline at this stage.

Roadmap due on 31st apparently. Hope there is a focus on indoor gigs because by end of next month at latest outdoors gigs won't be as feasible. https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2021/0819/1241641-entertainment/

I meant the whole situation around the roadmap created by Minister Martin been rejected was farcical, not the fact Irish bands can play the 3Arena.

Yeah hopefully we could be back to indoor concerts by the end of the year. Suppose some of it might come down to wither bands will tour in 2021 or maybe leave Dublin til next time they tour if it means they can do there UK dates as planned

What was the roadmap that was rejected? Surely she can publish it if it's solid?

Or is a politician with eyes on the top seat in her party painting herself as the artists friend when all she did was give a random date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭thebronze14

It is a farce though....They've been open a month and things have went well. Opening Ireland without restrictions or very few hasn't even been mentioned like

Advertisement