Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Biffy Clyro just rescheduled there European tour to 2022
    'With the ongoing uncertainty around travel restrictions, we have made the decision to postpone our upcoming European tour until February/March 2022.'

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=357655072385069&set=a.304167411067169

Reckon this same fate will hit a lot of tours that are scheduled for Autumn/Winter 2021. Elton John has a major tour announcement tomorrow although it states 'Elton’s final ever tour returns to the road this autumn' im still not overly confident esp with so many dates all over Europe/UK and Ireland

It's really those older artists that I worry I'll never see now. Also had tickets for Santana and Jeff Lynne over the last 18 month which were cancelled and I reckon they'll never come again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭corm500

Retro Festival Ireland postponed to next year.

Westlife gigs in Pairc Ui Caoimh in August postponed to next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,848 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Eod100 wrote: »
    Westlife gigs in Pairc Ui Caoimh in August postponed to next year.

Suppose that was to be expected but doesn't look good for other shows here in 2021

With the panic of this new variant, it's not good

• Advertisement

Suppose that was to be expected but doesn't look good for other shows here in 2021

Agree, it doesn't. Hard to see how gigs that size could go ahead indoors in September and October but maybe increased vaccination might make a difference.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id say once we have the 80% or over fully vaccinated we will just have to live with covid and any further variants, I will agree any gigs outdoor or indoor will no a go for the rest of the summer (excluding the pilot or social distance shows) but by September/Oct all going well after that we should be able to have indoor shows.
    I feel the big panic on the new variant is because we(or the majority of the world) havent gotten to herd immunity yet as it has been proven if you have your 2 jabs or 1 J&J you are fine but until then we still have to be cautious as we are as so close to the finish line at this stage.

Rescheduled - Elbow's upcoming Irish shows will now happen in June 2022. Original tickets remain valid for new dates - https://bit.ly/35Qatq7
    3Arena - 20 June 2022
    Waterfront Hall & Ulster Hall - 21 June 2022

Slowly August/September 2021 shows are starting to get rescheduled to 2022 :(:(

Rescheduled - Elbow's upcoming Irish shows will now happen in June 2022. Original tickets remain valid for new dates - https://bit.ly/35Qatq7
    3Arena - 20 June 2022
    Waterfront Hall & Ulster Hall - 21 June 2022

Slowly August/September 2021 shows are starting to get rescheduled to 2022 :(:(

When was it meant to be happening?

When was it meant to be happening?

August sometime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

The point that everyone is missing is that while herd immunity may make it possible for countries like Ireland and the UK to host gigs, it is not going to make it economically viable for big acts from the States to tour.

On the plus side, assuming venues like Whelans and Vicar Street can open with minimal social distancing, it's easy to see smaller acts who depend on live shows for their income jumping on a plane and flying over.

While I'd love to be proved wrong, I think the so called "big name" artists and bands who headline places like the 3 Arena are going to hold off visiting Europe until mid-next year at least.

Dua Lipas 2 3Arena shows have been moved to April 2022

Bye bye indoor concerts in Ireland in 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Bye bye indoor concerts in Ireland in 2021

I don't know about that.

Logically (and logic isn't something very apt for our government), if they draw up plans for indoor dining for vaccinated people, you can extend that to gigs too in some capacity. I certainly don't think it's imminent or nailed on, but I wouldn't say there's no chance just yet.

I don't know about that.

Logically (and logic isn't something very apt for our government), if they draw up plans for indoor dining for vaccinated people, you can extend that to gigs too in some capacity. I certainly don't think it's imminent or nailed on, but I wouldn't say there's no chance just yet.

The only reason they are pushing the pubs back is because they want more people vaccinated. So in turn with this and the chances of J&J/Astra being used on the under 40's it could mean a faster roll out which means people fully done earlier. This surely would increase the chances of indoor gigs happening later from Sept/Oct onwards

Hope you both are right

Looking very likely UK Arenas will be open fully in the coming months. I'll be thinking strongly of heading over there for a concert or 2 (hopefully should be fully vaccinated by mid September)

The only reason they are pushing the pubs back is because they want more people vaccinated. So in turn with this and the chances of J&J/Astra being used on the under 40's it could mean a faster roll out which means people fully done earlier. This surely would increase the chances of indoor gigs happening later from Sept/Oct onwards

Hopefully!

Jools Hollands both Irish shows have been cancelled in Oct

• Registered Users Posts: 7,494 ✭✭✭Penfailed

The Clutch gig in the Limelight that was supposed to be on in a couple of weeks has been put back to the 26th July 2022. That's the second time it's been shifted by about a year...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Another Love Story meant to happen in middle of August cancelled. https://www.anotherlovestory.ie/als-21-postponed/

• Advertisement

Bright Eyes gig in Vicar Street in September rescheduled to September 2022. https://twitter.com/Select1veMemory/status/1412320354433961985?s=19

Some gigs in Button Factory meant to happen this month being postponed to August.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭RamonD3

Bright Eyes gig in Vicar Street in September rescheduled to September 2022. https://twitter.com/Select1veMemory/status/1412320354433961985?s=19

Not a surprise but still a downer seeing the email earlier and remembering getting the similar one last year! Here's to 2022.

Not looking good for any concerts happening this year

Caution with this Delta Variant

Given that Zero COVID is never going to happen and until such time as the world gets this awful pandemic under control we are going to be stuck in an endless cycle of damaging variants and lockdowns, it is going to be almost impossible for bands/promotors to schedule tours.

I fear that until science can permanently "declaw" the coronavirus, the best we can look forward to is shows by home grown artists.

Hard not to be pissed off looking at gigs in the USA happening with full Arenas

Let's hope Englands opening goes well. They seem confident enough of Arena gigs happening this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Blut2

Yeah, especially considering as of this week we've now vaccinated a higher percentage of the population than them. And they've been fully open for months, while we can't even have a pint indoors yet...nevermind go to a gig.

If we can't even do outdoor gigs in August/September I'd say its very unlikely we're let have indoor gigs this winter...

On the plus side the UK is a short/cheap flight away at least I guess.

Bon Iver rescheduled from October 2021 to October 22. https://nialler9.com/bon-iver-dublin-date-moved-to-october-2022/

Very very likely the 3Arena won't open in 2021

Few concerts still scheduled for this year but not overly confident they will take place as planned

• Advertisement

If gigs are allowed to go ahead in the UK and if acts are prepared to book tours (that's a lot of ifs...), might be possible (Quarantine rules permitting) to see stuff in Belfast....

Advertisement