Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An Post to give two free postcards to every household.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭blade1

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Can you staple your winning streak entry to one I wonder?

Why couldn't you?
    As long as you have a stapler.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Unclebumble

Just a thought that some people might actually need them.

Andrew McGinley’s children Conor, nine, Darragh, seven and Carla three, were found dead at their home in Newcastle, Co Dublin on January 24.

Now, he is asking the public for help as he isolates at his home in Newcastle, Co. Dublin.
    In a tweet today, the heartbroken dad admitted he was 'struggling'.

"I’m looking for a favour. I’m struggling with isolation like you all but really missing the company. I was also enjoying most of the letters that I received so I have a request. Can you write to me? If you feel like using one of your An Post postcards then great. Letters welcome.

He signed the tweet with his address: Andrew McGinley, Newcastle, Co Dublin, D22 VH77

https://twitter.com/conorsclips/status/1243546722208559105

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Just a thought that some people might actually need them.

Andrew McGinley’s children Conor, nine, Darragh, seven and Carla three, were found dead at their home in Newcastle, Co Dublin on January 24.

Now, he is asking the public for help as he isolates at his home in Newcastle, Co. Dublin.
    In a tweet today, the heartbroken dad admitted he was 'struggling'.

"I’m looking for a favour. I’m struggling with isolation like you all but really missing the company. I was also enjoying most of the letters that I received so I have a request. Can you write to me? If you feel like using one of your An Post postcards then great. Letters welcome.

He signed the tweet with his address: Andrew McGinley, Newcastle, Co Dublin, D22 VH77

https://twitter.com/conorsclips/status/1243546722208559105

Be handy for the postman if everyone sent their card to Andrew.
    Only one drop off needed :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

send them all to michael d's dog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

sDDb6bF.png
    Sleeper12 wrote: »
    This is very true.
    On reading about this my brother quipped "if they hurry up and deliver my sanitizer I'll give one to the postman myself"
    Ohhhh, Matron!

Sexual innuendo concerning an act of caring in such a time of near-crisis? Tut tut. We all know the clever wordplay is just lifted from the lyrics of a Beatles song:
    Come together,
    Right now,
    Over me.

Wait a minute.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,763 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Got my card(s) today. They come as one A4ish bit of glossy paper. You have to cut it yourself to make it into two. If I didn't know what they were I'd assume it was junk mail as there was no information or anything with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Havent received mine yet though other post has come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Havent received mine yet though other post has come

Yoire missing absolutely nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,763 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Yoire missing absolutely nothing

They must have commissioned different drawings as well. Mine has people (and a cat) sitting at windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

I think it's a lovely gesture by the state/an post, I received mine Monday, sent them off yesterday to two different older family members who I haven't been able to meet up with for a couple of weeks, told them we'll meet up for a pint when this crisis is all over, it's the little things as they say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Neowise

They must have commissioned different drawings as well. Mine has people (and a cat) sitting at windows.

I got the one you describe.

Maybe there is only the two versions, one with 1st postcard in english and 2nd in irish, and the other being the other way around.

521238.png

Advertisement