Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants doing delivery or collection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭buzz11

Ruibin's & Wacafe are doing order & collect

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Mona Lisa is opening for delivery from tomorrow according to their social media

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

The Golden Rickshaw is opening for takeaway/delivery on Thursday according to their Facebook page.

Venice Restaurant on Abbeygate St is open for takeaway (one of my favourites :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭testtech05

Got a pizza from Wooza on Sea Road over the weekend seem to be doing takeaway and delivery they were very busy too but the pizza was worth the wait!!

Scottys in Terryland are open too and I was told they have an excellent setup for contactless collection of orders.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

No word of delivery yet but The Galleon in Salthill are setting up a "pantry" which will have "some of our most popular dishes prepped and ready for you or your family to cook or re-heat at home".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,862 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The Burger king in Applegreen on the Tuam Road has launched a "drive through". Basically they've put a window where you drive up to, order, pay and collect from the same window. No intercom.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

buzz11 wrote: »
    Venice Restaurant on Abbeygate St is open for takeaway (one of my favourites :)

As is their sister restaurant in Dunlo St in Ballinasloe.

Supermacs is starting up again for Drive Thru and Delivery

https://www.supermacs.ie/supermacs-opening-stores/

Wed 22nd April
    Headford Rd – Drive Thru
    Tuam Rd – Drive Thru
    Newcastle – Delivery Only

• Registered Users Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I’m surprised that Pat Mac waited this long. Obviously decided that it’s getting beyond time to get back to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

When SuperMacs is mentioned in the news thread, the chat thread and the delivery thread, then you know it's big news :D

biko wrote: »
    When SuperMacs is mentioned in the news thread, the chat thread and the delivery thread, then you know it's big news :D

It broke here first, those other threads are pedaling old news!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

So seems people weren't all that excited about Supermacs opening up judging by the few people who turned up at the drive through....

94567623_1655778351246151_8720181532540534784_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=YwoL_CU28hYAX_4lgme&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=90f209a9a2dfca656072802181c0a4fa&oe=5EC4CBAF

Da Enzos in Oranmore was open yesterday evening, and look to be doing collection

ChewyLouie wrote: »
    No word of delivery yet but The Galleon in Salthill are setting up a "pantry" which will have "some of our most popular dishes prepped and ready for you or your family to cook or re-heat at home".

The Galleon are starting this from tomorrow, collection or limited delivery.
    https://www.facebook.com/TheGalleonRestaurant/posts/10158344640818159

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

As is their sister restaurant in Dunlo St in Ballinasloe.

I don't know what the one in Galway city is like but I have ordered twice from the one in Ballinasloe.

<the rest snipped by moderator, if you have issues with the restaurant in B-sloe then you need to take it up with them, not a thread in Galway City>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Collected takeaway from Scotty's earlier. They have a limited menu on their Facebook page. Phoned in the order, paid over the phone, gave description of the car and were told to collect in 25 minutes and which number parking space to wait in. Pulled up, waited 2 minutes and food was placed in the boot of the car. Everything was well packed and labelled. Very happy with the experience! And the burgers were tasty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Don't know if ye know this but Cookes Wine Bar are on Just Eat. We got food from them this evening and OMFG I haven't tasted better food in yonks!! Seriously good food!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Capones in Knocknacarra are doing home delivery, last order for food is 21:00, also Giovannis is doing home delivery too until 00:00 so id say last orders is possibly 11pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

The Gourmet Offensive on Mary St are back open too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Hi folks,
    I'm looking for a specific type of restaurant food takeaway service. I've family returning home from hospital soon, and I want to have dinner sorted for them when they get back, so I'm not looking for chips and burgers or fish and chips etc. The likes of Enjoy from the White Gables, the Twelve in BArna, and the Pantry in the Galleon. Roast lamb, lasagne, bacon and cabbage. Y'know, dinners.

Can anyone recommend any other Galwegian businesses that are offering such fare? Delivery isn't essential, it can be pick up too.

Cheers,
    WP.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

wet-paint wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    I'm looking for a specific type of restaurant food takeaway service. I've family returning home from hospital soon, and I want to have dinner sorted for them when they get back, so I'm not looking for chips and burgers or fish and chips etc. The likes of Enjoy from the White Gables, the Twelve in BArna, and the Pantry in the Galleon. Roast lamb, lasagne, bacon and cabbage. Y'know, dinners.

Can anyone recommend any other Galwegian businesses that are offering such fare? Delivery isn't essential, it can be pick up too.

Cheers,
    WP.

I heard Twelve were actually doing take away. Havent looked at their menu.

Capones are too. They were very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

Hi folks,

Cheers,
    WP.

Flannerys Hotel in Renmore. Collection service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Hi folks,

Cheers,
    WP.
    The Galleon are also doing a food collection service. Enjoy are open and I’m sure Ann would look after you if you phoned her.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Hi folks,

Cheers,
    WP.

Oscars Dominick Street doing call & collect now too

Menu:

https://www.facebook.com/oscars.bistro/photos/pcb.2849828548577637/2849827948577697/?type=3&theater

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Hi folks,

https://meals4health.ie

Posts moved out from "Looking for" as we have a specific thread for delivery food.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

The Galleon are also doing a food collection service. Enjoy are open and I’m sure Ann would look after you if you phoned her.

Cooke's are also doing delivery.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=3227504327260734&set=a.689773044367221

• Advertisement

inisboffin wrote: »
    The Gourmet Offensive on Mary St are back open too.

Their opening times are all over the place, google has one set of times which is different to facebook which is different to signs on the (back of) premises...I wasted shoe leather walking in to them to find they were closed..:mad:

Advertisement