Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Restaurants doing delivery or collection

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭inisboffin

buzz11 wrote: »
    Their opening times are all over the place, google has one set of times which is different to facebook which is different to signs on the (back of) premises...I wasted shoe leather walking in to them to find they were closed..:mad:

I heard it was phone in orders not walk in. Also I’ve stopped trusting Google for accurate hours waaaay before lockdown. Haven’t eaten there yet since lockdown but thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Roots cafe claregalway delivery and collect unreal pizza

bia hotel restaurant doing collection only atm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The Oslo in Salthill opening with a limited menu and takeaway craft beers today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Tartare and Cava now open for takeaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,962 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

A shout out for Ruibin, we had great food from there tonight. Ordered through their website and a smooth collection at the side door.

• Advertisement

A shout out for Ruibin, we had great food from there tonight. Ordered through their website and a smooth collection at the side door.

I think I had my last pre lockdown pint there, with a bit of grub. It was lovely and fond memories, really sound staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Roots cafe claregalway delivery and collect unreal pizza

+1 for Roots. Superb pizza, excellent efficient service too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,962 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

inisboffin wrote: »
    I think I had my last pre lockdown pint there, with a bit of grub. It was lovely and fond memories, really sound staff.

Yep the staff/managers are great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭smurf492

Anyone try the new fish and chip shop in westside? Wondering if it would be nice for a bank holiday treat...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

smurf492 wrote: »
    Anyone try the new fish and chip shop in westside? Wondering if it would be nice for a bank holiday treat...

Had Fish & Chips last week. Fish was good, chips fairly greasy. Son had a Doner and was happy with it. Overall it wasn't bad, but I prefer Hooked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Anyone know what the story is with Tomodachi? They haven't replied to me and wondering if they've been shut all this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭serfboard

Anyone know what the story is with Tomodachi? They haven't replied to me and wondering if they've been shut all this time.
    No - I know someone who ordered takeaway sushi last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

They've been open for takeaways all along. Haven't been past today, but we're definitely open yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭mjp

Where in westside is this place? Wouldn't mind trying it out for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭smurf492

mjp wrote:

In the old subway premises.. Tried it last night and thought it was very good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

mjp wrote: »

It used to be the subway

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭laguacamaya

Is Papa Rich, Salthill open folks??

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MosherRock426

serfboard wrote: »
    No - I know someone who ordered takeaway sushi last weekend.

They have been open recently. I got some food to takeaway from them late April.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is Papa Rich, Salthill open folks??
    Dunno, you can ring them.
    https://www.facebook.com/paparichsalthill/ for contact details.

Papa Rich Woodquay opens again Monday 14/6 so maybe Salthill also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

I believe the white gables will be opening for takeaway/collection soon enough with an evening menu.

does anyone know of other higher end places doing this around town?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭serfboard

I believe the white gables will be opening for takeaway/collection soon enough with an evening menu.
    Brownes in Tuam are doing this too, if we're going to be mentioning places not in the city. Besides Kai, it's the only other Michelin Bib Gourmand restaurant in County Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 alphabet soup

I got delivery from here last week after reading the great Facebook reviews, what a shambles. I ordered 3 fish & chip's with dressed fries & shakes - finally an hour later 2 cold, plain and very stingy sized fish & chip's arrived, no dressed fries or shakes. I rang them and they blamed the delivery service for messing up even though my order number was scribbled on the bag. The delivery service did refund me though.
    I'll stick to the tried & tested Hooked from now on, no comparison.

I got delivery from here last week after reading the great Facebook reviews, what a shambles. I ordered 3 fish & chip's with dressed fries & shakes - finally an hour later 2 cold, plain and very stingy sized fish & chip's arrived, no dressed fries or shakes. I rang them and they blamed the delivery service for messing up even though my order number was scribbled on the bag. The delivery service did refund me though.
    I'll stick to the tried & tested Hooked from now on, no comparison.

Have been there 3 or 4 times now including picking up for neighbour and have the opposite experience. Good portions and great chips. I like Hooked too and still go there, and love the sit down option but the new place is cheaper for some things.

Is there one website showing restaurants open now in Galway? And is it min €9 per person or say could someone have a €13 meal and their companion a €5 starter?
    The booking slots thing seems to be in name only as plenty of walk ins to places I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

inisboffin wrote: »
    Have been there 3 or 4 times now including picking up for neighbour and have the opposite experience. Good portions and great chips. I like Hooked too and still go there, and love the sit down option but the new place is cheaper for some things.

Anyone know the name of this plaice?

Is there a menu online by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Anyone know the name of this plaice?

Is there a menu online by any chance?

Captain's Cabin

https://m.food4u.ie/html/memulist/menulist.html?ID=1328

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Got some for the parents, very happy with it this afternoon.

Advertisement