Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview the person below you III

Options

Comments

Ruby Ring wrote: »
    All the time

Do you like The Elves & The Shoemaker fairytale? (fairy theme tonight!)

One of my favourites.

Yep I had the ladybird book!

Do you believe in ghosts?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

One of my favourites.

Yep I had the ladybird book!

Do you believe in ghosts?

No. Just the 9nes that can live in your head.

You?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

I don't know what to believe. Half and half?

You think there's more going on than just this reality we perceive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Ruby Ring

Possibly

Can you give me a good reason to go to bed?

auspicious wrote: »
    I don't know what to believe. Half and half?

You think there's more going on than just this reality we perceive?

Yes, in that our perception is only ever subjective. And we can only ever perceive what is accessible to our senses. So if anything exists outside if that we have no way of knowing, therefore it's irrelevant really.

Did you enjoy my philosophical musings?

@ Ruby, if you don't go to bed the boogie man will catch you.

• Advertisement

Sardonicat, that is just too mean! The fairies will protect me!!!

Do you remember The Incredible Hulk?

Sardonicat, that is just too mean! The fairies will protect me!!!

Do you remember The Incredible Hulk?

Mr Mcgee, don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry!

Does that answer your question ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

When sar say boogie man she means me , so get up to bed now !

I do indeed remember him

Early start tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Nope, I can stay horizontal for as long as I want :)

Do you wake without an alarm?

To thine own self be true

Jeez, that reminds me - I'm up early for a run tomorrow morning! (I better not be dreaming of the boogie man tonight!)
    Alarm rarely needed here
    Who's going to be the last one up tonight?

• Advertisement

Looks like it's me.

Gary Yourofsky: "The problem is that humans have victimized animals to such a degree that they are not even considered victims. They are not even considered at all. They are nothing. They don't count; they don't matter; they're commodities like TV sets and cell phones. We have actually turned animals into inanimate objects - sandwiches and shoes."

Do you ever stop to think about how you are conditioned?

Looks like it's me.

Gary Yourofsky: "The problem is that humans have victimized animals to such a degree that they are not even considered victims. They are not even considered at all. They are nothing. They don't count; they don't matter; they're commodities like TV sets and cell phones. We have actually turned animals into inanimate objects - sandwiches and shoes."

Do you ever stop to think about how you are conditioned?

Yes all the time. In so many ways.

One I've been thinking about a lot lately is clothes. I like clothes, I like shopping, I like putting on something nice, I like collecting pretty things. But sometimes I think about our attitude to clothing and it just blows my mind. The sheer extravagance and waste. Like you buy an expensive jumper and you get stain on it that won't come out and its never worn again. It's still totally fit for purpose. It covers your unsightly body, it keeps you warm, it keeps you dry etc. but because of a tiny stain it's thrown away?! Cause someone might judge you?! Judging each other on our clothes it's so weird too. I can't wear this €200 dress to that second wedding in case anyone notices I wore it to that one last month so I'll just spend loads more money on more clothes I'll hardly if ever wear. What!?! Who cares about the kids in sweat factories making a pittence, or the pollution involved in the production or the air miles to get it here. Who cares that I already have more clothes than I know what to do with....

But I'll still go and buy something because I like the pretty colours because we're conditioned to think that's not just acceptable , it's normal.

Was that quite the rant?

Yes all the time. In so many ways.

One I've been thinking about a lot lately is clothes. I like clothes, I like shopping, I like putting on something nice, I like collecting pretty things. But sometimes I think about our attitude to clothing and it just blows my mind. The sheer extravagance and waste. Like you buy an expensive jumper and you get stain on it that won't come out and its never worn again. It's still totally fit for purpose. It covers your unsightly body, it keeps you warm, it keeps you dry etc. but because of a tiny stain it's thrown away?! Cause someone might judge you?! Judging each other on our clothes it's so weird too. I can't wear this €200 dress to that second wedding in case anyone notices I wore it to that one last month so I'll just spend loads more money on more clothes I'll hardly if ever wear. What!?! Who cares about the kids in sweat factories making a pittence, or the pollution involved in the production or the air miles to get it here. Who cares that I already have more clothes than I know what to do with....

But I'll still go and buy something because I like the pretty colours because we're conditioned to think that's not just acceptable , it's normal.

Was that quite the rant?

No, you weren't ranting, you were posing some very valid questions about our fukced up values and priorities.

Do you ever think some people are just willfully stupid? That they chose to remain ignorant because thinking is too much like hard work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Sardonicat wrote: »
    No, you weren't ranting, you were posing some very valid questions about our fukced up values and priorities.

Do you ever think some people are just willfully stupid? That they chose to remain ignorant because thinking is too much like hard work?

I think people are a result of parenting and there environment. Most likely they don't know any better.

Whats the first thing you want to do once you are out of lock down?

Ultrflat wrote: »
    I think people are a result of parenting and there environment. Most likely they don't know any better.

Whats the first thing you want to do once you are out of lock down?

Spend some 'quality time ' with my oh

You?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Just see the city centre vibrant again, it's depressing the way it is.

What's yer 'hing?

Just see the city centre vibrant again, it's depressing the way it is.

What's yer 'hing?

That was a fantastic rant BB. A point of view more need to accept.
    In today's world people have no excuse to not to know any better about our ****ed up values and priorities.

-I'm looking forward to a new more gracious and positive outlook for humanity.

Seeing people reach their potential.

Should a man's/ women's reach exceed their grasp?

That was a fantastic rant BB. A point of view more need to accept.
    In today's world people have no excuse to not to know any better about our ****ed up values and priorities.

-I'm looking forward to a new more gracious and positive outlook for humanity.

Seeing people reach their potential.

Should a man's/ women's reach exceed their grasp?

You shouldn't believe anything exceeds your grasp. Even if it does. You will return with something of value in your hand just from the act of reaching.

Is love eternal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Sardonicat wrote: »
    You shouldn't believe anything exceeds your grasp. Even if it does. You will return with something of value in your hand just from the act of reaching.

Is love eternal?

I think so as long as people don't betray love I don't see why not. But I also beleive people's personalitys can get in the way big time as well as wants and needs.

Are you a fan of mid night snacks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Ultrflat wrote: »
    I think so as long as people don't betray love I don't see why not. But I also beleive people's personalitys can get in the way big time as well as wants and needs.

Are you a fan of mid night snacks?

No, well yes, but it makes me feel like a fat f*** so I try not to - the guilt almost always outweighs the pleasure of the snack.

Workin' hard or hardly workin'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Hippykitten

About to start workin' hard.

How many people have you spoken with this morning?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just one, I made my mam a cupan tae in bed after I brewed some coffee

You?

Can I be banned from posting on this thread after my bedtime?

No that's not allowed sorry

Is that harsh?

No, cute answer

What is your favourite topic to talk about?

I like talking about technology or paranormal but I always spoke myself then

You?

Anything to do with the outdoors, especially animals and nature.

Did you ever catch minnows?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Anything to do with the outdoors, especially animals and nature.

Did you ever catch minnows?

No.

Isn't it a grand day out?

It's gorgeous

What are you up to? (aside from Boards)

• Advertisement

Writing code

Are we distracting you from work again?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement