Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cordless landline phone turned off but when folk phone it - they hear ring tone.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Worztron

Thanks, to all, that posted useful info. I appreciate it.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

I don't get the purpose of this thread.

stoneill wrote: »
    I don't get the purpose of this thread.

I don't want folk to think they're being ignored when they phone the landline and hear a ring tone when my landline is actually off (but they might think it's on and that there's audible ringing on my end). I'd prefer a dead tone/silence instead, in that situation.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Worztron wrote: »
    I don't want folk to think they're being ignored when they phone the landline and hear a ring tone when my landline is actually off (but they might think it's on and that there's audible ringing on my end). I'd prefer a dead tone/silence instead, in that situation.

You cannot achieve that, but you can give them an engaged tone, or a message, as has been explained.

• Advertisement

You cannot achieve that, but you can give them an engaged tone, or a message, as has been explained.

Cheers, John.

Advertisement