Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 House Arrest Strategies

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

Finding the 17 month old really hard going. My husband works from home so nothing has changed. He’s freeing me up for one hour a day to get a head start on prep but otherwise I’m spending my time trying to teach/prep/correct and help my second level students while simultaneously juggling my five year old and his school work with the wonderful addition of a climbing, destructive, tantrum prone 17th month old. This doesn’t work very well as you can imagine so they go down at 7 and I need to go upstairs for 2-3 hrs of correction most nights. I’m absolutely exhausted. Thank god he still naps for 1-2hrs in the middle of the day. At least I manage to clean up the place and prep some lunch before it starts all over again

Must be the age but I'm finding my 17 month old to be a nightmare too. I have a 3 year old as well who's good as gold most of the time and can amuse herself most of the time(with a little help from the tv) but her sister tries to get involved in everything she does which generally leads to tears from one or both of them. Luckily enough the 17 month old still naps during the day so I can keep the house in some sort of order.

I'm a fulltime student but have given up any hope of getting any college work done until my wife gets home in the evenings by which stage I barely have the energy or motivation to do much so fair play to you dedicating time to your students in the evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Window paint is the job! It makes a mess of the window obviously, but that's easily wiped down. I find there's less demanding for new paper and paint and it seems to keep her occupied for longer. Wins all around!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

scarepanda wrote: »
    Window paint is the job! It makes a mess of the window obviously, but that's easily wiped down. I find there's less demanding for new paper and paint and it seems to keep her occupied for longer. Wins all around!

Oh interesting. I need to order a few bits, must look for window paint. I realised last week that every marker in the house seems to be topless and dried up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

jlm29 wrote: »
    Oh interesting. I need to order a few bits, must look for window paint. I realised last week that every marker in the house seems to be topless and dried up

Very true. Not good for the ocd.
    The other half bought waterproofs in lidl or aldi a few years back and they are the business for wet days. A great time can be had letting them splash in puddles. Even a half hour out of the house helps everyones sanity.

Very true. Not good for the ocd.
    The other half bought waterproofs in lidl or aldi a few years back and they are the business for wet days. A great time can be had letting them splash in puddles. Even a half hour out of the house helps everyones sanity.

One of my kids refuses to wear waterproofs or wellies. “I’ll use my own legs” he told me the other day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭BeardySi

jlm29 wrote: »
    One of my kids refuses to wear waterproofs or wellies. “I’ll use my own legs” he told me the other day.

Legs are waterproof ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

It's the windchill factor that might be the problem :D:D

shesty wrote: »
    It's the windchill factor that might be the problem :D:D

It’s drying the clothes when they come out of the washing machine that’s the problem. It’s bad enough already with 6 of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

71272%2BG94yL._SX355_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07G2PKTYF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This was the best piece of timing ever- it arrived at the end of February. I put it up at the start of March and it keeps her entertained for a good 30 minutes or more at a time. She'd stay on it for longer if we let her.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

As of today, part of my house arrest strategy is the Disney+ app :D:D For when they are all falling apart at 4pm!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,069 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Home schooling?
    Making maths fun?
    Telly bingo. Friday, 12:45, ticket is 2.50 and must be bought before 11am.

Advertisement