Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 doglover5565

Oom 99 for limerick😥

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ladz

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    I’m over 5000th in Dublin. Feeling absolutely devastated as I have been struggling to find employment even after doing a Masters and my mental health has deteriorated rapidly these last few months. :(

Oh bless your heart☹️ you can but try, keep the faith it will all work out in the end. Whats for you
    wont pass you as the saying goes Xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

215 in Limerick, haven't got my second choice yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Just googled old newspaper articles and 28,000 people applied for this competition in 2014. I dont know what more recent ones have been, but you'd guess they got big numbers this time around, given where we are atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Linda2linda

Hi Mark, how'd you know there were that many?

I was told they were interviewing 200 for Donegal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭2016claire

Quick question for Kildare my friend not on boards got in 400-ts what's the chances of her getting job ?

Thank you all and good luck to every one x

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Plugguy

Oom 99 for limerick😥

I got 57 for Tipp and 90 for Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

ladz wrote: »
    Oh bless your heart☹️ you can but try, keep the faith it will all work out in the end. Whats for you
    wont pass you as the saying goes Xxx

Thank you. I'm not entirely sure what to do right now. I have been trying to get something for over a year now and unfortunately nothing has really worked out for me.

It's a really strange situation. I have applied for part-time gigs and retail jobs while looking for something more substantial but I always got rejected for being overqualified. I figured it was because they wouldn't want to bother training me only for me to leave as soon as I could and them needing to go through the hiring process all over again.

For actual entry-level jobs, I've gone through recruitment agencies, online applications, handing in a CV in person, networking etc. I did voluntary work for experience and have a lot of freelance work done. I had my CV professionally re-done. I have applied for 100s of positions and maybe gotten 3 or 4 interviews in the space of a year.

I had an interview and an exam for two different places scheduled but both have been cancelled due to COVID-19.

I've gotta say, I'm not feeling the so-called recovery right now. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 doglover5565

Plugguy wrote: »
    I got 57 for Tipp and 90 for Limerick.

Congrats...hopefully we will hear something

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Plugguy

Congrats...hopefully we will hear something

Same to you - fingers crossed 🙂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ladz

Thank you. I'm not entirely sure what to do right now. I have been trying to get something for over a year now and unfortunately nothing has really worked out for me.

It's a really strange situation. I have applied for part-time gigs and retail jobs while looking for something more substantial but I always got rejected for being overqualified. I figured it was because they wouldn't want to bother training me only for me to leave as soon as I could and them needing to go through the hiring process all over again.

For actual entry-level jobs, I've gone through recruitment agencies, online applications, handing in a CV in person, networking etc. I did voluntary work for experience and have a lot of freelance work done. I had my CV professionally re-done. I have applied for 100s of positions and maybe gotten 3 or 4 interviews in the space of a year.

I had an interview and an exam for two different places scheduled but both have been cancelled due to COVID-19.

This covid wont last forever, so im sure they will reschedule when restrictions are lifted, so thats 2 in the pipeline. Keep an eye for EO & grade 4 posts too pretty sure both are now entry grades, better money too 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Johnnythefox4

538 OOM for Limerick. Reckon that’s me done

• Registered Users Posts: 1 popcorn90

Hi, just wondering does anyone know what is the likelihood of an interview for someone placing in the 300s in Sligo?

Do you get a separate email with your second choice score? I have only received my first choice score so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭tritriagain

ellieh1 wrote: »
    Do you get a separate email with your second choice score? I have only received my first choice score so far.

Got my second one in a separate email.about 20 mins after 1st choice

Just have to stay positive and keep going. All you need is for one to say yes. I used to temp before. Used to keep the head down and work away. This lead to agencies sending more work my way, until I found something more permanent. Hope things work out for you !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Linda2linda

GarIT wrote: »
    Whoever told you is lying

I was told this by interviewers in Letterkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

I was told this by interviewers in Letterkenny.

That was for TCO - temporary contracts, this is for CO - permanent contracts. Two different competitions

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭jaffa20

So everyone who scored over 6000 will be interviewed soon or when positions become available only? Nothing is clear at all. I'm also really surprised by the amount of people applying for a 24k job especially in Dublin with high cost of living :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭furrybones

jaffa20 wrote: »
    So everyone who scored over 6000 will be interviewed soon or when positions become available only? Nothing is clear at all. I'm also really surprised by the amount of people applying for a 24k job especially in Dublin with high cost of living :eek:

Why only over 6000? I didn't see that anywhere.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Advertisement

I think theres a info link, saying if your in the top, middle or bottom third of oom

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭furrybones

I think theres a info link, saying if your in the top, middle or bottom third of oom

I'm in Category A, and just shy of 6000. I'd be devastated if a few points eliminated me from interview.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

Got OOM 17 in my first Choice of Kildare and OOM 22 in my second choice Kerry
    Pretty happy with that result

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

furrybones wrote: »
    I'm in Category A, and just shy of 6000. I'd be devastated if a few points eliminated me from interview.

Me too, I got 5970 which has me in the early 200’s for Cork. Hoping that it doesn’t rule us out, I’ve been laid off from my job due to covid-19 and if 30 points has cost me an interview I’ll be devastated :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mullmandavid

Hi i got 947 for Westmeath what are my chances of an Interview
    and also just over 1000 for Galway

I have only received results for my first choice and just checked my emails and no other results. Could my second choice be sent tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭ShellBell89

ellieh1 wrote: »
    I have only received results for my first choice and just checked my emails and no other results. Could my second choice be sent tomorrow?

What's your 2nd choice?

What's your 2nd choice?

Tipperary

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Denise McEvoy

Did anyone get any results for Laois & Offaly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HungrySeagull

2016claire wrote: »
    Quick question for Kildare my friend not on boards got in 400-ts what's the chances of her getting job ?

Thank you all and good luck to every one x

Probably not I'm afraid. On the last campaign 2018 I ranked just outside the top 200 after stage 1 for Kildare. Got called for stage 2 a year later and an interview shortly after that. After my interview last September there was only approx 25 people ahead of me to get a job. At the start of March there was still about 10 people in front of me. It was slow moving. As far as I'm aware they only interviewed approx the first 300. Campaign basically expired before I was called. This time around I'm top 100 for Dublin and top 30 for Kildare so it's looking better this time.

Advertisement