Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭furrybones

Can a TCO who has 2 years experience apply for internal EO?

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Moomooland

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Polly50

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Kenbug19

Has anyone heard anything about the limerick panel? Is there any movement?

I emailed PAS on 20th Oct they were on OOM 185, it’s extremely slow moving

• Advertisement

Thanks! I wonder if they are still recruiting from this panel ?

From all the email correspondence people are getting from PAS it seems they'll be recruiting from this panel for another while at least.

In their own words "The competition was due to close in May 2021. However, no exact date has been finalised and it will continue for the foreseeable future."

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

They would let us know when the panel has expired, hopefully not for another while 🤞🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Yes I work in an Intreo centre. If you are in the public office section, wfh is unlikely. If you are in the back office you will have a better chance of at least some wfh.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 midlands091315

Thank you they are sending me contract tomo so fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Tipp panel at 184 for those who are wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Saulgudman

Hi All. Hoping someone may be able to help.

I have been asked to provide contact details for a character reference. Anyone know if this is a detailed letter of just a form to fill in?

Does everyone have to provide one before placement and is so what contacts have people used? e.g lecturer, coach etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MegaJoules

Hi SAULGUDMAN,

I just started as CO after being at home for 10 years. You will most definitely need references before placement. My work refs were too old so they asked me to supply the name and details of two character refs who would be willing to vouch for me instead. I didn't see the page but I was told it was just a single page form that your referees must fill in rather than a detailed letter, about 6-8 questions, so nothing too onerus. I used the names of two teachers that I know and that was sufficient, one primary school and one secondary school teacher.

A character referee must be someone well acquainted with you and of some standing in your community e.g. School/ University/Volunteer Group/Sports Club. This may not include members of the House of the Oireachtas or members of An Garda Síochána

Also as I had not been working for quite a while they needed the preceding 12 months of my career history to be covered, e.g. November 2020 to November 2021, so I obtained a letter from my local Social Welfare (DEASP) office.

Hope that helps and best of luck. MJ

For those asking -

As of the start of November, up to OOM 157 has been called for interview from the Offaly panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cianpower89

Thanks

Post edited by cianpower89 on

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Saulgudman

Thanks so much for that info. wishing you well in your role.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Deb8625

Hi, could anyone give an idea of how long it takes to hear the results of the interview? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Lightfareye

Oh goodness, two years will be interesting. Thank you.

Had interview monday for clare..did anyone else . its for the permanent panel wondering how long have people waited before hearing interview results?

• Advertisement

Is anyone who has interview done still waiting to be called for a position from Limerick panel? 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭vatsie76

I sent a msg to them for any update on results. they said within 10 working days ..today is my 9th 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MrsMiller

Hi, I was sent an email on the 1st of November asking me to confirm if I was still interested in moving forward to stage 2 “interview” I haven’t heard anything since. My worry is I haven’t worked since August 2019 I worked for 20 years but the company closed. I’ve been on illness benefit for 18 months due to stress and I wondering will I have to tell them what I’ve been doing the last two years as if they know I’m on illness benefit they may not offer me a job. I’m so worried is there anyone that can suggest what to do.

I would not worry to much about that. They are only interested in your previous experience and will base the interview off that, as well as the specific roles competencies, and then score you based in on. 👍🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MrsMiller

I’m just worried if I pass the interview and they want to know what I’ve been up to for 2 years and want me to get a letter from Social Welfare but for me it will be from illness benefit and they might think I’m unfit for work and I shouldn’t be applying for jobs if I’m on illness benefit. I’m just thinking ahead. What difference to them how long I’m out of work if I pass the interview stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MegaJoules

I know how you feel and trust me you're overthinking it. The letter from Social Welfare just confirms to the Clearance(Vetting) team that you have been out of work for X amount of time and therefore don't have recent contacts to obtain work references. They will then request character references. If you can get work references all the better as you won't need to get SW letter. Provide work refs first and they'll you very quickly whether they're recent enough or not.

As far as I can tell this info won't be passed on to the interview team and they're not interested in any gaps in employment unless you bring it up yourself. The interview will focus on the competencies only and how you can relate them directly to your previous jobs no matter how far back they go. I also squeezed in experience I had organising a trip to Tayto Park for our local soccer club for 40 kids aged under 12 to demonstrate my logistic, organisation and multi-tasking skills. When it comes to the interview be positive, and any negative experiences you had turn them into positives and show what you learned from them. You'll be surprised how quickly the interview goes, it's only 30 minutes and the first 5 mins is spent on introductions and putting you at ease. Have a glass of water beside you and stop and take a drink every now and then to give yourself time to catch your breath and give yourself a couple of extra seconds of thinking time. Remember, getting the interview is the hard part, once you're doing the interview the interviewers want you to do well and will give you lots of encouragement.

Hope this helps, Good Luck, MJ 😊

Please help me understand this . Just got msg that I have cleared interview for Dublin panel and my oom is 123 batch 32 . Do I stand a chance 😂

Congrats on passing Vatsie👏🏻. The Dublin panel moves super quick from when I've heard.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your wishes 🙏really don’t know if I should be happy . I just hope I manage to get a position with this result

yours progress at your end ?

Advertisement