Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Jood10

At least there's a few of us starting together, we'll have to set up a support group 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭claregal1

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ah91

Does anyone know anything about what it's like in the court services? Is there flexi time?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Smithca!

Hey I started in courts in CCJ a few weeks ago. It’s a busy office environment, people are all lovely, unfortunately flexi is not available atm. Working from home is not an option either.!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭08122019

Does anyone know if many new staff in Dublin are being offered a position outside the City centre offices?

I would assume most positions in departments with offices outside of town are being filled by mobility and established staff looking to reduce their commute, and new staff are taking their place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 clare man 1

Hello. Excuse my ignorance on this matter as its the first time i have applied for a state job. I recently made it onto clare county council panel in the mid 20s positons. I was just wondering what are the chances i get offered a job and the time scale. Some one told me mid 20s was good? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Pixieblue

Hi, I am not sure how county council panels work, the likelihood will depend on how many staff they would have at the grade you applied for, this might be something that's available online, it would give you an idea anyway. If you were placed in the 20s in the civil service panel for Clare, you would very likely be offered a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 clare man 1

Im not really sure how councils work either panel wise. Hopefully it will lead to a job i was told the panel is for one year but is always extended to 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭furrybones

TBH I'm not liking the upgrade at all. It seems to be slower to load and is not as user friendly, but we'll probably just get used to it in time.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Connacht15

Does anybody know when the 2020 panel will end? Is it up to the individual county.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hydration

I emailed PAS many months back asking this question. They said basically that it was due to expire in May but could be extended which is what happened. I assume they will keep this open until a new competition is announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 skeav3105

@claregal1 can I ask did your HSE service count towards increments? I'm with a county council and am placed on the civil service panel so just wondering if my lengthy service with council will carry over?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 skeav3105

Do clerical officer get placed in Revenue from this panel? I am on the CO panel for Louth and got an email stating Dundalk as the location - other than Social Welfare - just wondering what other departments I may be placed in? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DarkJ

Did anyone outside of Dublin wait longer than a month after passing the interview to hear back about a position? My new OOM is 3. I thought they were only interviewing for available positions but the email I received after the interview stated 'you are not guaranteed a job'. Hoping the competition doesn't close anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tappia1996

when are the dates usually for these roles ? i actually work alongside the Department of Agriculture ( warehouse operative) in dublin port ? and d you still need a leaving cert to apply i am 40 and have no leaving cert

Hey , yes my service is carried over although I have been trying for 3 weeks to get my verification of service letter from HSE hr - its taking forever for anyone to get back to me !

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Took me three months to get a pension service letter from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭08122019

Has anyone here been assigned to or working in DPER?

Is there only the 1 office?

Is it the usual CO tasks?

Are there options for flexi /WFH?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭nhg

For those hoping to move from Public Service to Civil Service, are there any other documents other than 'Verification of Service Letter' that we should request from HR when leaving so as to have as much paperwork in order to make the changeover as smooth as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭dunnerc

Hi just wondering has anyone got an update for what batch and oom for Dublin please ?

• Advertisement

Hi for anyone starting next Monday with Revenue, just wondering have you received any correspondence where we are starting etc , since contract emails etc were sent out ? Limerick area .

Just the letter is all I was asked for - don't think you can request it until you hand in your notice .

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Calmcookie84

Hello all,

just wondering if anyone had an update on the Cork panel?

thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭dunnerc

Hello has anyone an update for the Dublin panel please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 maneeen

Hi,

ive been offered a place in the Department of foreign affairs and trade. Can i ask from people experience what would the standard days task/job role for someone in this department

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

You'll probably be going to the passport office. Most of the COs in DFA are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 maneeen

Im hoping this isnt just only a phone service job and theres some breaks to being on the phone!

Post edited by maneeen on

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KC2021

Hi all. Can I ask please if you pass the interview stage and you are requested complete the Garda vetting and references have you been told your location of work at this stage ? or does that follow once they receive all docs. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ktryan4444

I was number 4 in batch 8 in Waterford and recived an email last week to submit gardai clearance , referee etc.

The email said that all going according to plan with clearance etc i will begin training 18th October, I asked did she know what department it was in, she said cannot be definite untill checks are back, but more than likely Revenue. Anyone esle get notification about starting in Waterford?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Ballyman23

Hi,

any update on the cork OOM?

Advertisement