Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating oil big drop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭Villa05

Oil theft will be back with a vengeance. Too risky to have a full tank over the summer.

Govt promised action @ 2euro petrol. One would imagine the same with home heating oil. The Gov gets far more than putin in sales of oil/gas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

A bargain at 10,000 euros for 1000L

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭Glebee

Alot of companies restricting deliveries to 500L, all my locals are at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,490 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone know of cheapest petrol station to get Kero? I have to top up while waiting for main delivery. I read Circle K is the highest but can't see Kero prices unless I check the pumps, hoping I don't have to go into each station if anyone know a cheap branch to use?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Look up stations close to your locality. Some have their price on facebook and social media send them a pm. Not every station sells kero. I think a lot of the Top Oil forecourts do but outside of that I couldn't tell you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Top oil have been consistently 2-3c cheaper on the pump compared to Circle K here in Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭9935452

Went down to the local self service petrol station to fill the car with diesel.

They were out of diesel but checked the price of keresene on the pump.

Went back with 3 200l drums

Ended up taking all he had , about 520l .

Shouldnt be stuck for oil regardless but got it just in case it goes royally bad.

Time will tell

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Hi guys.OP here.Nice to see we are all alive after 2y since I post here.

Today we have the most expensive Kero ever @1500-1600e for 1000l.

Went to my local and they still had kero at pump for 99c.Filled 3x20 3 times

I might post again in 2y time to tell you oil is back to 40c :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭wassie

Seems to be a bit of panic buying about. I've seen 4 trucks doing deliveries in our area in the last week. Normally lucky to see 4 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭omicron

Govt action is a lot less likely with oil. Tax take on home heating oil is miniscule compared to petrol and diesel so much less room for manoeuvre. Also fuel costs and electricity affect everyone, even if you don't drive it affects transport costs in general, everyone uses electricity also.

If they take action on home heating oil costs they will have to do something about gas and solid fuel and that gets a lot more complicated and expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,795 ✭✭✭CoBo55

You were extremely lucky, local station went from 1.48 to 1.58 in a few hours yesterday for pump kerosene.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Ordered 400 litres of kerosene in Sligo for €555. Seems to be a decent price at the minute. Max order of 400 litres too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Craftylee

Is now a good time to mention that back in June 2020 I ordered 900L for €388.28 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭9935452

It had started going up at that stage. That was 43c a litre

2c carbon tax was added 1st may.

I got in the last week of april and ordered 2000l at 36c a litre.

I think someone here got it up the north for 22c a litre back then.

I married the lovely Mrs Mc Carthy in Gretna green in 1988.....few pints & a bowl of stew in a local pub afterwards.....whole thing came in around 100sterling.

Youngest Daughter getting hitched in summer.....looking at a budget circa 25K......... as FF said at the economic crash " we are where we are"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,795 ✭✭✭CoBo55

25K wedding?? Are we back in 2004? Maybe it's all a dream, yes it's just a dream............

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

• Advertisement

My local (independent) garage at the pump still had €1.20/L. Had a few spare 25L containers and did a couple of runs before the tank ran dry. Managed to pick up a handy 170L for €204. Enquired when they are getting a refill (wont be at that price of course) and the reply was they have been waiting since last week for a delivery. Home deliveries are the priority at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭Glebee

Big jump again overnight for 500L from my local supplier in anticipation of any government cut in excise. 885euro for 500L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Jeez , Me buying 3,000l for €1,050 (About 1,400l left) in May 2020 is looking like the bargain of the decade

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

well at least we're heading into springtime - maybe just maybe come autumn/winter the whole oil price scenario will change for the better😶 (wishful thinking)

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭StonedRaider

Jeez...you used 1600l in less than 2 years?? I filled up 2000litres in around mid 2020 and still have about 1500l left. Our pellet stove is switched on an average of 8 hrs a day and cost us just under €250 to run from mid October to early April. Oil maybe an hour a day max in winter. Detached 4 bed

Edit: just checked levels and there's actually just over half a 1200l tank left plus a full 1000l ibc. So I'll hit the 400l mark used in just under 2 years. It don't matter how cheap the price of oil gets if the house isn't energy efficient

Post edited by StonedRaider on

• Registered Users Posts: 45,830 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I popped over the border this morning and got 70 litres. Cost was £86.50. Of the top of my head that's going to work out about 1.50 Euro a litre so there's no savings to be had in NI now.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭ludeen

900€ for 500ltrs Cork. Surely not sustainable, seems to be going up by the hour.

I paid €690 ,for 500 litres of kerosene yesterday. Even though that's high it seems a lot less than is being quoted by some suppliers online. I am surprised as the oil supplier was always at the top end of the prices in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

We are talking about the price of home heating oil - not pellet boilers, not how energy efficient a house is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭AuldDaysul

Ordered 500 litres for €570 2nd March, delivered yesterday. Meath/Cavan border. Driver said it was now 690 and going up again. Limiting to 300 litres aswell.

Advertisement