Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating oil big drop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

https://www.cheapestoil.ie/heating-oil-prices/Galway
    Thought 509 seemed a bit pricy. Check out those ones above

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    https://www.cheapestoil.ie/heating-oil-prices/Galway
    Thought 509 seemed a bit pricy. Check out those ones above

I was keeping an eye out at the time and never saw the same kind of lows other counties were seeing in Galway (was waiting to buy a tank, but never did as thought it'd fall to similar price as Dublin). Prices now look similar to then actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

tmh106 wrote: »
    Prices gone up a bit since last post here. What's the best anyone has got in Galway city? I'm seeing €509 for 1000L from Top

summer20 will bring that down to €489 valid til 31st aug
    autumn20 starts 7th Sept

Oil prices have risen substantially since June, but a weaker dollar has helped keep the net euro price down a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Seem to be about €450 in Louth, €500 seems high. Though only a few updated recently

https://www.cheapestoil.ie/heating-oil-prices/Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

joeysoap wrote: »
    Seem to be about €450 in Louth, €500 seems high.

https://www.cheapestoil.ie/heating-oil-prices/Louth

Border effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭as.eirinn

try claddagh oil/garbally oil galway city

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭as.eirinn

Prices gone up a bit since last post here. What's the best anyone has got in Galway city? I'm seeing €509 for 1000L from Top

Claddagh Oil are usually in and around the same...

MÓR OILhttps://www.moroil.ie

1 800 667645
    Galway quote
    Price as of 18 Aug 2020, 2 PM
    500 Litres
    €239.48
    (around 47.9c a litre)

1000 Litres
    €444.45
    (around 44.4c a litre)

Border effect.

Cheaper in the federal republic of Kildare €434. But we've closed our borders, so youse can feck off. :D

https://www.capitaloil.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

https://www.macmahonoil.com/

€470 for 1000L

Border effect.

Forkhill prices. Changes weekly at the pumps but I’m not young anymore so I just order it now but for 35 years did take it in this way. Stopped once during foot and mouth (by gardai) and they didn’t know what to do so I drove on. Happy days. Spur off the armagh road.about. 15 mins drive.

https://mcgeoughsnisa.co.uk/fuel-coal-prices

5 briquettes for €17.5 might still tempt me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

Kerosene down a bit again in the last week, €407 for 1000L in Dublin at the moment.

https://www.cheapestoil.ie/heating-oil-prices/Dublin

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Jet fuel and kerosene are similar.

So until there's a resumption of air travel in a meaningful way, there is little likelihood of any major jump in prices.

Darc19 wrote: »
    Jet fuel and kerosene are similar.

So until there's a resumption of air travel in a meaningful way, there is little likelihood of any major jump in prices.

Kero was around €435-440/1000L all summer up until about 1 week ago.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

Buffman wrote: »
    Kero was around €435-440/1000L all summer up until about 1 week ago.

It's still around that price though some are down about €410/420.

The ceo of BP said that they don't see oil prices rising in any meaningful way and demand may never recover to pre covid levels.

So I reckon 1,000 litres of kerosene should stay under €500 for the foreseeable future.

Remember, this time last year it was €750

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

Tougher Oil have 1000L for €409 at the moment (Dublin delivery). And 500L for €209. Havent used them before, but getting a delivery tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,835 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

It's still around that price though some are down about €410/420.

The ceo of BP said that they don't see oil prices rising in any meaningful way and demand may never recover to pre covid levels.

So I reckon 1,000 litres of kerosene should stay under €500 for the foreseeable future.

Remember, this time last year it was €750

And this time 5 months ago it could be bought for under 300 euro per thousand liter's.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

I put in a new boiler ( while I still could) and it’s not burning oil fast enough to order any :P

( warmflow if anybody cares)

And this time 5 months ago it could be bought for under 300 euro per thousand liter's.

One station in Roscommon went to 29.9c per litre at the pump for about 3 days. So the assertion of under €300 is incorrect for 99% of people.

Generally the price did not fall under €340 and the carbon tax added €20 to that in May.

Brent oil prices have stabilized at around $40-$44 since June and no sign of any major jump in prices, so there's no panic to buy and likewise, if you buy today you are unlikely to find that it's €60 cheaper in 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Topped the tank yesterday. €0.49 pl . I thought that was a good deal:)

joeysoap wrote: »
    I put in a new boiler ( while I still could) and it’s not burning oil fast enough to order any :P

( warmflow if anybody cares)

new boilers are phenomenally economical - 3 years ago we put a new grant vortex in to replace a 12 year model and oil consumption literally halved and better heat. It will have paid for itself this year.

• Advertisement

I've 1000L ordered from Capitol at €407.

One station in Roscommon went to 29.9c per litre at the pump for about 3 days. So the assertion of under €300 is incorrect for 99% of people.

Generally the price did not fall under €340 and the carbon tax added €20 to that in May.

Brent oil prices have stabilized at around $40-$44 since June and no sign of any major jump in prices, so there's no panic to buy and likewise, if you buy today you are unlikely to find that it's €60 cheaper in 2 weeks

You come out with statements in an assertive manner, totally wrong statements but very authoritiatively expressed.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

You come out with statements in an assertive manner, totally wrong statements but very authoritiatively expressed.

I simply went back over the thread which anyone can do and then read analyst's reports on the oil market. And I state where the information comes from.

Quite easy to do. And quite easy to verify.

Oil Prices will remain subdued for the foreseeable future.

Check the thread, loads of places in Dublin were delivering for under 35 cent a litre in April.

Check the thread, loads of places in Dublin were delivering for under 35 cent a litre in April.

35c x 1,000 = €350

That's €10 more than what I said.

You claimed "under €300" - but nothing to back it up?

Best not to mislead people.

silver2020 wrote: »
    new boilers are phenomenally economical - 3 years ago we put a new grant vortex in to replace a 12 year model and oil consumption literally halved and better heat. It will have paid for itself this year.

Fill in december, followed by fill in February, followed by fill in April. 30 years old, never gave any trouble, serviced every 2 years. But it was drinking kero. 5 year guarantee for that's worth. Made in NI.

ROSSKI wrote: »
    Caseys Roscommon
    29.9 on the pump

There you go.

There you go.

May I suggest you read the first line of my post about 4 posts up.

Here it is so that you don't need to scroll your mouse

"One station in Roscommon went to 29.9c per litre at the pump for about 3 days. So the assertion of under €300 is incorrect for 99% of people."

Maybe stop digging, the hole is just getting bigger.

The simple message is that prices are stable and there's little likelihood of any substantial movement up or down in the near future.

So no need to fill to the brim and also you won't be wishing you waited.

May I suggest you read the first line of my post about 4 posts up.

Here it is so that you don't need to scroll your mouse

"One station in Roscommon went to 29.9c per litre at the pump for about 3 days. So the assertion of under €300 is incorrect for 99% of people."

Maybe stop digging, the hole is just getting bigger.

The simple message is that prices are stable and there's little likelihood of any substantial movement up or down in the near future.

So no need to fill to the brim and also you won't be wishing you waited.

Ehh, prices just dropped in the last week in Dublin by about 8%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Give it a rest guys and stop bickering like children. Posting the current cost of kero around the country would be a welcome distraction

Advertisement