Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fuel prices - Coronavirus

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

JCX BXC wrote: »
    You'll always have a money loving John willing to drive his van anywhere for a few quid.

It's more an issue of picking your time to buy your fuel.

However, your post reads as if pushing people towards mad stockpiling, which is very damaging imo. The stock piling madness is completely excessive considering that 0.00000068% of the population has been infected.

It's utter madness, the behaviour I've seen in supermarkets over the last week has been disgraceful, and if you are apart of this, shame on you.

If you cannot relate to reality and are particularly worried about this outbreak, at least try to remember, if this gets worse, products such as hand sanitizer, soap and everyday essentials are much more important to vulnerable and elderly people, than those <50+ with no health issues.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Darc19 wrote: »
    It is 159. It's a while since I was involved on a regular basis.

And it's the brent price we work on in Europe and it is about $36

If it stays at $36 ish, petrol should be under €1.30 on average with plenty of places close to €1.25
    Diesel 10c or so less.

How soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Gael23 wrote: »
    How soon?

I'm guessing 2 weeks or a little shorter. I'm hoping my own oil will last that long :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

jmreire wrote: »
    On the Merc, have you ever scanned it to see when ( at what mileage) it last performed a regen?

Never did as it's easy to hear when a regen happens. It's a camper van and the first time I spotted the whistling I was sure I had developed a major boost leak and only copped on the true cause later on.

My wife thinks I'm strange when I ask her to listen the "different" noises.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Slightly OT but does anyone know what happened pumps.ie? It stopped working about a year ago. What are people using now to track prices locally?

Cui bono?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭marcos_94

hoodie6029 wrote: »
    Slightly OT but does anyone know what happened pumps.ie? It stopped working about a year ago. What are people using now to track prices locally?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057969828

Its gone but someone claims to be working on getting something similar up and running

Bound to fall pretty sharply after today

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

The banning of flights to the us?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

mikeecho wrote: »
    Home heating oil Kero has dropped about 15% in a month or so.

Petrol near me has dropped from 1.459 to 1.379.
    Diesel down from 1.339 to 128.9.

Where is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,673 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Applegreen's on the way to the M1 this morning had dropped by 10c overnight.

Circle K at Citynorth hadn't dropped, but it was fairly early - usually they are around the same price as the Applegreen's to compete.

• Advertisement

bear1 wrote: »
    The banning of flights to the us?

That and schools/offices closing will force retailers to play ball and pass on cuts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

That and schools/offices closing will force retailers to play ball and pass on cuts

Any risk to supply at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Diesel was 123 when I filled up at the weekend, up a few cents since

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Any risk to supply at the moment?

There is no reduction in supply but demand is plummeting, Hence oil prices hitting the floor

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Petrol = 132.9
    Diesel = 122.9
    Texaco Fermoy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,108 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Applegreen Darragh (N68 - Outside Ennis) has the cheapest prices I've seen anywhere.

Petrol: 128.8
    Diesel: 118.8

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Couple of minutes ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Expect another 5c down next weekend

• Advertisement

Once one drops they will all follow suit reasonably quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,768 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Couple of minutes ago

The same as bunclody.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

There is no reduction in supply but demand is plummeting, Hence oil prices hitting the floor

Supply has increased fairly dramatically as Saudi Arabia have increased production from 10m barrels a day to 13m. Coupled with plummeting demand I'd say we will see hefty price drops at the pumps.

Of course Saudi Arabia could cut off supply just as quick if it suits them to do so in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,811 ✭✭✭con747

A pity the home heating oil companies are dragging their heels with price reductions.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

con747 wrote: »
    A pity the home heating oil companies are dragging their heels with price reductions.

Apparently there is a kero scarcity.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

CoBo55 wrote: »
    The same as bunclody.

Only ten minutes or so down the road in Enniscorthy,they are dragging their heels in dropping prices. Applegreen is currently 122.9 for diesel but the others around the town are between 126.9 and 129.9 per litre.
    In Castlebridge it's 115.9 for diesel.

Apparently there is a kero scarcity.

Not in Meath/Westmeath, I was ringing my usual suppliers and asking them the question and all I got was we set prices according to the market. The market is on the floor, Brent crude is $28.87 right now. The Dollar is fairly static so no reason for the slow reduction in price. They could all deliver me Kerosene at the inflated price so supply is not an issue.

Example of the prices in Meath. https://www.cheapestoil.ie/heating-oil-prices/Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Field east

Only ten minutes or so down the road in Enniscorthy,they are dragging their heels in dropping prices. Applegreen is currently 122.9 for diesel but the others around the town are between 126.9 and 129.9 per litre.
    In Castlebridge it's 115.9 for diesel.

Diesel in urlingford - Kilkenny now at 110.9

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Field east wrote: »
    Diesel in urlingford - Kilkenny now at 110.9

What price is petrol?

Advertisement