Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway COVID-19, local news and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭serfboard

548105.png

Ballinalsoe, Tuam and Athenry/Oranmore above the national average, everywhere else at or below. Data (from here) up to March 22nd (Monday).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭amandstu

serfboard wrote: »
    548105.png

Ballinalsoe, Tuam and Athenry/Oranmore above the national average, everywhere else at or below. Data (from here) up to March 22nd (Monday).

Any chance of getting that same data over the past few months?

Is it published?

edit:see Belmullet doing well.Weren't they a hotspot earlier on?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,906 ✭✭✭✭zell12

amandstu wrote: »
    Any chance of getting that same data over the past few months?
    Is it published?
    It's in-thread and in the media

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭amandstu

zell12 wrote: »
    It's in-thread and in the media

So not collated so far as you know?

In this thread ,did you mean?

I was not invited to any of these :mad::mad:
    Over the past year, there were 883 reports of house parties
    739 of those were in Galway City and 144 were in the Salthill area.
    https://galwaybayfm.ie/galway-bay-fm-news-desk/galway-gardai-respond-to-900-reports-of-house-parties-since-last-march/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭Storm 10

12 for Galway today

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

To be fair, that says reports, maybe they're all verified houseparties, maybe most of them are overzealous neighbours reporting the teenager nextdoor for playing their speaker too loud, they have not made any differentiation. The only thing we do know is that 198 fixed charge notices have been issued since January, which includes both the organisers and attendees. This suggests the number of confirmed illegal gatherings is much lower.

Storm 10 wrote: »
    So according to Galway Bay FM Galways 14 day Covid incidence rate is 140.3 and they say its Slightly below the National average of 159, I would say thats well below the National average but anything for news.

We're down to 130 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Every week, if you look at the map of Galway on Snapchat you see pictures and videos from house parties around the city. They are beyond thick, you can zoom into their exact location but then maybe not that thick of the Gardai aren't doing anything about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Every week, if you look at the map of Galway on Snapchat you see pictures and videos from house parties around the city. They are beyond thick, you can zoom into their exact location but then maybe not that thick of the Gardai aren't doing anything about it.

I'm not certain that sort of operation would even be legal or stand up if it were challenged in court.

Pen Rua wrote: »
    I'm not certain that sort of operation would even be legal or stand up if it were challenged in court.

It's publically accessible information, for anyone on Snapchat. You can't see who posted it, but you can see the location it was posted (to an extent) and the video. I can't see why it wouldn't be allowed.

Anyone get called for a test at the race course? A relative of mine in her 60s received an SMS for a vaccine appointment this week. Her husband is in his 70s with underlying conditions and is still waiting.

How are they contacting people? He doesn't have a mobile phone. Where are they getting the contact details? Do they also post/call?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,514 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Anyone get called for a test at the race course? A relative of mine in her 60s received an SMS for a vaccine appointment this week. Her husband is in his 70s with underlying conditions and is still waiting.

How are they contacting people? He doesn't have a mobile phone. Where are they getting the contact details? Do they also post/call?

mostly text. i got a text last satuday. its legit. jab monday super organised

Where are they getting their contact details and conditions for everyone from? GPs? I'm further down the list but don't think HSE have my contact details and I don't have a regular GP...

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

As he is in his 70s he'll be getting his at his gp.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Mobile phone text. Vulnerable group.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,797 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Where are they getting their contact details and conditions for everyone from? GPs? I'm further down the list but don't think HSE have my contact details and I don't have a regular GP...

If you want any health services, then get one.

If necessary, register with Doctor 365 opposite the hospital. I don't think they have many older patients, so it could be a way to get the vaccine quickly (based on a phone call which a friend got form them).

If you want any health services, then get one.

If necessary, register with Doctor 365 opposite the hospital. I don't think they have many older patients, so it could be a way to get the vaccine quickly (based on a phone call which a friend got form them).

Have you tried getting a GP in this climate? Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,313 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

JCX BXC wrote: »

GP's are fully operational for the past 12 months. Haven't heard them turning people away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

6 wrote: »
    GP's are fully operational for the past 12 months. Haven't heard them turning people away.

Can be difficult to get an in person appointment though. Some practices are offering phone consultations depending on the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,797 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

JCX BXC wrote: »

My partner did. The advice I gave is based partly on his specific experience.

I've seen mine, and also her nurse, and been referred to an outpatients clinic which has seen me already.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

6 wrote: »

I think the poster is referring to getting on a GP list - AFAIK it is an issue in some areas where GPs are not accepting new patients as they have no spare capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

The current raft of people in medically vulnerable groups between ages 16-69 are being contacted by the hospital. GPs are not involved in arranging this set of vaccinations. If you're vulnerable the hospital will text you.

I'd imagine there'll be an online portal for registration once they're down to vaccinating the general public.

Plenty of travelling around at the minute, particularly west to Conamara. Noticeable increase in UK regs.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Posts removed. For general vaccine discussion, please use the Covid forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

A quare amount of traffic on the roads today. Supermarkets busy, not an Easter egg to be seen in Aldi or Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭ax530

Road to conamara so busy people are selfish

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

ax530 wrote: »

What's the issue? Where they driving too slow? There is a traffic thread for traffic issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

ax530 wrote: »
    Why are they selfish? Did you ask them all what they were doing or where they were going? How many were there?

Advertisement