Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Pandemic Information- Local and Worldwide

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭jaymla627

whelan2 wrote: »
    After all my work with my parents they went to my sister's house for dinner today. My niece not long back from france. I didnt know they were going until my sister posted a what's app photo. The rest of us are all livid. How do you get the message through. I'm not blaming my parents but my sister and her stupid husband should know better :mad:

People won’t wise up till the proverbial hits the fan, it’s the calm before the storm, brothers friend was called into work today with plant hire crowd to start clearing a 5 acre field that is to be used for a testing centre and god knows what else, it’s located beside a hotel and just of a motorway, the full story isn’t been told by the government re numbers infected

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭kerryjack

That could be very interesting.

We are more or less in lock down all ready don't see much more they can do

• Registered Users Posts: 21,143 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Unless people have some proof, I accept the Govn't figures. The test result is about 36 hours. So the ones tested Monday should show in tomorrow's or Thursday's numbers.
    19 drive centres going up to 34.
    15,000 positives by the end of the month.
    3,000 in hospital.
    Italy, Spain and France is what complete lockdown looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

After all my work with my parents they went to my sister's house for dinner today. My niece not long back from france. I didnt know they were going until my sister posted a what's app photo. The rest of us are all livid. How do you get the message through. I'm not blaming my parents but my sister and her stupid husband should know better :mad:

Stupid husband! must be abit of water under that bridge??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,144 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Water John wrote: »
    Unless people have some proof, I accept the Govn't figures. The test result is about 36 hours. So the ones tested Monday should show in tomorrow's or Thursday's numbers.
    3,000 in hospital.

Person I know tested yesterday results tomorrow. She was in an hour long one to one work meeting with someone who tested positive the day after the meeting. I'd say tomorrow will tell alot, also they are waiting on more testing kits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

kerryjack wrote: »
    We are more or less in lock down all ready don't see much more they can do

We're far from being locked down atm. Wait till permission is needed to go for food or medicine and Sunday in the shopping centre is cancelled.

Better to do it now rather than in a week or two time.

3,000 in hospital.

A 15 min turnaround test has been developed by a tipp company

Will likely lead to.huge increases...but put an.end to.slow drip feed of info.daily

Are the likes of smyths etc still open?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,487 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Are the likes of smyths etc still open?

Yea.
    Was in Cavan retail park yesterday and it was business as usual. None of the stores were closed.

• Advertisement

ruwithme wrote: »
    Stupid husband! must be abit of water under that bridge??

A lad who has to be the best of everything and never wrong but I pulled him up on something when he was wrong. He didnt like it. I spent 4 months looking after his wife, my sister during her mental illness during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭kerryjack

He never mentioned the farmers that are flat out providing food.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭yosemitesam1

3,000 in hospital.

Where did that 15000 figure come from. There's two weeks left in the month. They're saying 600ish infected by the weekend, 14400 to test positive in the last 10 days of the month?

It's from modelling. 30% increase in new cases each day, exponential growth. Taoiseach just said that and possibly more.

He said alot without saying a lot

It was a nice speech with nice sentiments. But sentiments don’t protect people.

Workers going in tomorrow who have to work in close quarters with their colleagues are disappointed.

I would have expected more business closures, shopping centres etc don’t need to be open at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

The calm before the storm bit is frightening and depressing............expect renewed panic buying tomorrow....

He has said that before but it may have more impact in a National Address.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,129 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Anyone able to post a synopsis of the speech? Not everyone watched or listened to it.

What is Miriam wearing on prime time :eek:

• Advertisement

Anyone able to post a synopsis of the speech? Not everyone watched or listened to it.

Basically its calm before the storm

Great now that a woman has commented - Christ it’s an odd outfit

I'm a man, what's wrong with it?
    Mods will kill us.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,129 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Basically its calm before the storm

So continue as is?

Nothing extra.

So continue as is?

Nothing extra.

‘Come together as a nation by staying apart’: Read Taoiseach Leo Varadkar’s address in full

Full transcript

https://www.thejournal.ie/leo-varadkar-announcement-covid-19-coronavirus-5049376-Mar2020/?utm_source=shortlink

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

We're far from being locked down atm. Wait till permission is needed to go for food or medicine and Sunday in the shopping centre is cancelled.

Better to do it now rather than in a week or two time.

Won't happen here for a while, France has always had a deeply statist culture, they (the state) have stakes in all of the big French companies ( Renault, Peugeot, airbus etc) and have already said any major company will be nationalised if in danger of going to the wall, at times like this have no qualms about calling on extraordinary powers

Our system is so democratic, we dither at times like this

I would be hopeful for us. Hong Kong has kept the numbers down, despite being a very dense city. Their main problem now is people coming into the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭alps

kerryjack wrote: »
    He never mentioned the farmers that are flat out providing food.

Thankfully....

We're one of the lucky industries...to date..

Largely up to ourselves to protect ourselves our suppliers and our processors...if we do it right and were lucky enough to be allowed to continue to use the transport routes....we'll be very happy not hearing the Taoiseach mention the word farmer..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

The wife has similar sentiments. She had those strange pants on before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

He’s called it out as best he can. No one knows where this is going, all we can do is play the match in front of us as best we can.

No one will forget 2020 any time soon:mad:

Advertisement