Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin TV360

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AJB39

At least Channel 4 did produce a nice not available screen for their SD channel. I’m assuming the message on the HD channel has been produced by Virgin Media themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kitsy13

A documentary programme about one of the flat complexes in dublin that was on channel 4 was knocked off by ntl on foot of a court order in the early 2000s..can remember it cause that's when I looked into the other channels tuning in option on my dads sky box

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Anyone else find audio very low on BBC1 HD compared to other channels 0n 360 box?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Anyone else having drop outs/break up on Sky Sports Arena today during the GAA? Not sure if it's just me or if Virgin or Sky are having issues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Anyone willing to have a guess as to when (date/month/year 😀) the VM 360 box will update these rebrands with correct logos and names?

29th June - 4Music and Box Hits rebranding - https://www.channel4.com/press/news/e4-brand-extension-sees-4music-become-e4-extra

30th June - CBS and Horror Channel rebranding - https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/freeview-freesat-cbs-channels-big-revamp/

26th July - Syfy HD & SD rebranding - https://www.skygroup.sky/article/syfy-channel-re-brands-to-sky-sci-fi-offering-new-shows-and-fan-favourites

It amazes me how over in the UK, Virgin Media constantly update logos on their boxes and website, even with the nearly daily rebrands of Sky Cinema - https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en/tv/tv-guide.html and over here, VM cannot do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Well they have a backlog - it takes time. BBC News 24 still needs to be updated. Ah well. Good thing no one notices these things. Makes you wonder for a Cable company you would think there would be at least one person responsible for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,690 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Father saying that the voice control on his tv 360 remote no longer working on his tv

Don't use it myself but anything he can do to try and fix it

Read about some people having trouble with a Mesh set up. Try new batteries or if batteries are ok take them all out for at least 1 minute and then try again.

The 2 rebrands that occurred last week have been updated with the correct names and logos, although with 4Music rebranding to E4 Extra, there's now 2 Entertainment channels in the Music section (MTV being the other channel). Speaking of which, the names and logos of the MTV music channels are out of date

If BBC iplayer is any good on Sky Glass when it comes out this will put pressure on Virgin Media.

It would be fantastic having replay function on BBC channels and if you had some On Demand stuff say for 30 days - even better.

Hope also they are trying to get CNN back and off course BBC3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,201 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Can you clarify - from ROI you'll be able to access iPlayer through Sky?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

My understanding is that Sky Glass will have a limited version off BBC iplayer when it launches in Ireland. How good or bad it will be I have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Yes my understanding is it’s replay TV for up to 30 days. As opposed to iPlayer. If Sky can negotiate this why can’t Virgin?

The rebrand of Syfy which happened on Tuesday, to Sky Sci-Fi, the logos have been updated on 360 boxes. However the channel names are stil SyFy HD (129) and Syfy (729)

Also, according to the VM website https://www.virginmedia.ie/bundles/broadband-tv-phone/500mb-broadband-bigger-tv-360/ - Sky Crime HD is available on the Bigger Pack in the TV drop down option for HD channels. It's not on my 360 box 🙄

Yes Virgin Media Ireland only have Sky Crime in SD. They need to step things up and replace more SD channels with HD offering.

Customers will be able to watch as much sport as they like with the addition of Sky Sports F1, BT Sport 1, 2, and 3, BT Sport ESPN, Premier Sports 1 and 2 (subject to appropriate subscription).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

They didn’t get the memo about BT Sport ESPN being no more as of yesterday so! Good to see these channels back on VM after a very long absence (July 2016 IIRC).

Thank god. Sky Sports F1 and the BT Sports channels, finally I can do away with Now TV and don't have to hide social media and goal notifications to avoid being spoled

Edit: Got the channels already. All working as expected, as mentioned above BT Sports ESPN is now BT Sport 4 despite the EPG still having the old name/logo. 440 for Sky F1 then 442 to 447 for the others. As I've noticed using Now TV, the Premier Sports channels quality isn't as good as the BT channels despite them all being HD guess that problem is just at source

Edit 2: One more thing in case anyone is wondering, the BT Sport/Premier Sport channels are available for streaming in the Virgin TV app which is handy

Post edited by Doomofman on

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I know Virgin have a thing of clinging on to old names (BBC News 24, hello from 2008!) but launching a new channel (or at least, a returning channel onto the EPG after a six year absence) with an old name is just plain lazy. Is there some issue with Virgin’s EPG that stops them renaming channels? I remember they used to have to do a workaround with a dummy channel up in the 800s to keep access to recordings but is that still an issue?

Brewery and Piss Up spring to mind once again in relation to the 360 EPG

Putting SS F1 HD on 440 when 410 was free and starting the BT Sport channels on 442 rather than 441-444. VM UK have the exact same Sky Sports sequence as Sky's EPG (Main Event to Mix 1 to 10) with SS Racing further down the EPG https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en/tv/tv-guide.html. Also SS Racing is stil only available in SD. SS Golf stil has the Masters logo ever since I got the box last year

Even RTE News which rebranded from RTE News Now back in August 2020 is stil mislabeled along with BBC World News since day dot

Sky History and Sky History 2 are also mislabelled and wrong logos

MTV, MTV Hits and MTV Music are out of date logos and numberous radio channels have no logos

• Advertisement

Anyone who signed up to the BT Sport channels in HD getting periodic drop outs of picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Having trouble syncing the sound to my TV, got my boxes today and set it all up and everything is working bar the volume buttons, if I want to turn the volume up or down I need the TV remote, anyone no how I can sync the sound so I can just use the one remote?

Found this info on https://www.virginmedia.ie/virgintv360support/installation-and-setup/

"If this fails or you need to pair the remote with a different TV set you can pair them at any time by holding down the “TV” ( to the right of the Home button) and “0” buttons for 10 seconds. The light on the front panel will flash and the remote should now be paired with the Virgin TV 360 box and TV"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Yeah I've done this and it hasn't worked, funny thing is it's working on one TV, but the other two aren't for some reason, I called and they sent out two new remotes but I don't think the remote is the problem because I tried pairing a spare remote that they sent me and it didn't work either.

This happened to me before and there was a way of pairing volume to the TV but for some reason nothing works now.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AJB39

I’ve noticed today that two new apps have been added to the Virgin TV 360 Box, a web based version of the Virgin Media Player and a France 24 app.

Just following up on this for any else seeing this issue. It appears to be with Virgin's feeds of these channels. Watching the Liverpool game on https://www.virginmediatv.ie/ today and seeing the same picture drop outs I was seeing on my 360 box. I've reported this to Virgin but knowing how little they care about their TV service, I'm not holding my breath it'll be fixed any time soon

• Registered Users Posts: 36 veloci

Trying to figure out the wiring setup for the multiroom mini box. From what I understand it needs a cable to the virgin wall socket.

Is it possible to have both the main box and the mini box connected to the same wall socket?? If so, how? Some type of adapter? Or is a separate wall socket required?

The 2 TVs I have are either side of a wall. I have a Virgin wall socket on one side and was thinking of drilling a hole between. Any other suggestions? Really wish the whole system was wireless!

Ring Virgin and get a Tech out. Ideally every box should have it's own wall socket (outlet box).

Wireless is on the way eventually, in 6 months or 3 years etc. - anybody's guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,820 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Don't they provide a splitter for this set-up? Sky Q is much better in this regard, the limited functionality of the VM mini box steered me towards Q in the end.

• Advertisement

What limited functionality other than wireless capability and small buffer for live pause(wireless boxes are being tested currently)?

Advertisement