Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW i Is Back i4

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Idbatterim wrote: »
    many bm are just comedy full stop, from new price here. The new 8 series is class, how much are they landed here now? they are absolutely not worth what they sell for new here, half that and you are in the ball park in my opinion.

Somebody has to buy em new, they are pricing so obnoxiously at the moment that the same 5 dealer launch cars are traded in Ireland for the next 10 years. The only car priced anyway well new is the M2 comp.

If the C8 corvette lands here in RHD for a reasonable price, between it and tesla's lineup you would really want to be a total BM fanboi to drop your dosh on whats more than likely an inferior product for whatever is your driving priority, to its rivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Lumen wrote: »
    600km WLTP from 80kWh on 21" wheels seems, eh, optimistic.

By comparison, Model 3 P gets 530km from 74kWh on 20". Scaling that up to 80kWh might give 573km.

My 530e gets anything from 20-30km from a usable 8kWh. Hard to see how 80kWh would get anything like 600km!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

My 530e gets anything from 20-30km from a usable 8kWh. Hard to see how 80kWh would get anything like 600km!

That's a strange comparison. Your 530e is built as a hybrid, so it's never going to be optimised for range in the same way as a BEV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

My 530e gets anything from 20-30km from a usable 8kWh.

At 20km for 8kWh, that's 40kWh/100km :eek:.
    Typical BMW driver I bet, probably doesn't have functioning indicators either :P.

:D

Kramer wrote: »
    Typical BMW driver I bet, probably doesn't have functioning indicators either :P.

:D
    Hmm. Quite the opposite in fact. I religiously watch the power gauge trying to keep as close to zero as possible. It irks me that the regen kicks in quite strongly when you take your foot off the accelarator meaning you slow down too quickly!
    And the indicators work just fine. I just try not to use them in order to save the battery:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

It irks me that the regen kicks in quite strongly when you take your foot off the accelarator meaning you slow down too quickly!

It does that in Comfort & Sports mode - Eco doesn't - it coasts in that mode.
    Also, in the former two modes, not lifting off completely will achieve similar results, keeping the power gauge at zero, disabling regen braking, in effect.

And the indicators work just fine. I just try not to use them in order to save the battery:)

I just removed the bulbs to be honest, no point carrying the extra weight either :D.

Kramer wrote: »
    It does that in Comfort & Sports mode - Eco doesn't - it coasts in that mode.
    Also, in the former two modes, not lifting off completely will achieve similar results, keeping the power gauge at zero, disabling regen braking, in effect.

Thanks. Just got a chance to try that today. While it (Eco Mode) reduces the regen it doesn't eliminate it completely for me i.e. the needle still goes to left when I lift off (but not as much)! Am I missing a setting somewhere? Also do you know can you set car to start in Eco Mode as it resets to Comfort when you switch off?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭sk8board

Peatys wrote: »
    Bit 90's jap import about the model 3 in the flesh. I'd be all over that i4 if it's not mentally priced.

Same here. The model 3 isn’t really designed externally at all IMHO, incredibly bland (I can see one from my driveway - I stare at it a lot!), but internally it’s the best car I’ve ever sat in.

This i4 looks fantastic, a bmw version of a mass-market pure ev, without having to pander to early adopters with designs like the i3.
    as a 4 series gran coupe driver, id love the i4 and the next 4gc to look like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

sk8board wrote: »
    Same here. The model 3 isn’t really designed externally at all IMHO, incredibly bland (I can see only from my driveway - I stare at it a lot!), but internally it’s the best car I’ve ever sat in.

This i4 looks fantastic, a bmw version of a mass-market pure ev, without having to pander to early adopters with designs like the i3.
    as a 4 series gran coupe driver, id love the i4 and the next 4gc to look like this.

agreed, have seen a good few model 3 and think nothing of the external aesthetics, that I4 however....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Idbatterim wrote: »
    agreed, have seen a good few model 3 and think nothing of the external aesthetics, that I4 however....

Are we looking at the same car....that I4 fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Are we looking at the same car....that I4 fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Its so offensive looking, you will either love it or hate it :D

That’s the great thing about cars - personal taste varies hugely.
    the world would be a boring place if we all had the same opinion! I can definitely see why people wouldn’t like it, and being a bit different is what attracts me to it.

Is it the next z8? ;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Spy shot's of the I4, it looks like they may have toned down the grill a little bit. Hard to tell with the camo.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1119413_2022-bmw-i4-electric-sedan-spy-shots

liamog wrote: »
    Spy shot's of the I4, it looks like they may have toned down the grill a little bit. Hard to tell with the camo.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1119413_2022-bmw-i4-electric-sedan-spy-shots

Just reading there that the they aren't continuing the 4 series gran coupe - I love mine, and it seems to have sold reasonably well for a niche car. I guess that's the buyer they think will most want/afford a mid-size pure electric (they'd be correct too).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭digiman

A different colour and decent alloys would transform the i4 I think. The interior colours are also not for me but again a different colour would make a big difference. You really wonder why they would bring out such awful looking car to show of at the start.

Would be disappointed if there was no new 4 grand coupe, it’s probably my favourite looking BMW

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

liamog wrote: »

What's with the sunken parking sensors beside the number plate and under the headlights?

The nostrils still look like they're keeping the sharp edges, and judging by the camo, they're including a pointless grill at the bottom of the bumper. Odd

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

What's with the sunken parking sensors beside the number plate and under the headlights?

The nostrils still look like they're keeping the sharp edges, and judging by the camo, they're including a pointless grill at the bottom of the bumper. Odd

When you see a car in camo, they often include padding and fake panels to disguise the shape. The sunken parking sensors are likely on the actual car surface, the area around will be a built up disguise.

Advertisement