Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards GS - Royal Curragh - 28th March 2020 - CANCELLED

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭benny79

With no golf on tv will ye allow spectators..... I must have it bad to watch ye hacks lol.

You can caddy for me.. I have to get you tested first though..lol..

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

benny79 wrote: »
    You can caddy for me.. I have to get you tested first though..lol..

10% plus a Mars bar (10% of nothing is still nothing)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Please remember best practices to prevent spread of covid19. No handshakes, picking other players noses or licking competitors golfballs. Anyone exposed to covid19 or any one of benny79's many life experience stories is recommended to seek medical assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

How are we looking for spaces lads, my trip away has been cancelled and can now make this if there are slots or waiting list.

Not sure how I can change my selection on Teamer?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

How are we looking for spaces lads, my trip away has been cancelled and can now make this if there are slots or waiting list.

Not sure how I can change my selection on Teamer?

We're full in terms of the quota we currently have in place, but may yet have a couple of drop outs.

You should be able to find yourself in the squad list and there are 3 dots by your name. If you click that I think itll let you change your status. If it doesn't let you I'll just add you to the wait list anyway bigchap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

I'm going have to pull out of this one unfortunately. Work is mental at the moment and anyone well enough has to work overtime and I'm trying to socially isolated myself as much as possible when I'm away from work too. Enjoys guys

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I'm going have to pull out of this one unfortunately. Work is mental at the moment and anyone well enough has to work overtime and I'm trying to socially isolated myself as much as possible when I'm away from work too. Enjoys guys

Hey, thanks for you service, hope you stay well

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

As Much as it pains me to say it but its time to think about calling this off folks people traveling from around the country not the most socially responsible to do atm

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

As Much as it pains me to say it but its time to think about calling this off folks people traveling from around the country not the most socially responsible to do atm

We will be out in the open air, safest place to be...do presentation on the veranda if worried about social gatherings...

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    We will be out in the open air, safest place to be...do presentation on the veranda if worried about social gatherings...
    IMO Government will ban all unnecessary travel before Saturday

• Advertisement

IMO Government will ban all unnecessary travel before Saturday

And they will cover all my bills and put food on my table, while they look great but still draw their huge salaries

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Guys, the committee are staying in good contact with each other to look at our options here. As things stand we're still looking at going ahead, but we have to take our lead from the authorities ultimately.

We'll observe all the necessary protocols, should things go ahead & will post up the thread with some rules for people to make sure they follow.

I'll also be in contact with Royal Curragh for clarification from them.

In all likelihood, I will set up a Whatsapp group for all attendees & share some bank details so that a transfer could be done beforehand to minimise the interactions with cash.

We may not do a presentation afterwards and just put the results through online if needs be. We want to make sure that everyone has a good day out while minimising the risks if we can go ahead.

In terms of a numbers update, we have 42 accepted as things stand with 2 reserves.
    1st reserve: BigChap1759
    2nd Reserve: DaveGilly

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Break80

Stay safe. Ye are doing a great job, the whole country is in your debt.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

If we do get to go ahead, maybe we should all take a photo of our card and submit that rather than anyone handling a bunch of cards with who knows what on them. Just trying to minimise the risk

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

"I swear i did birdie 17 holes" :P

Not a bad idea to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

If we do get to go ahead, maybe we should all take a photo of our card and submit that rather than anyone handling a bunch of cards with who knows what on them. Just trying to minimise the risk

If you are going ahead, I’ll get my guys to set up an online card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

If you are going ahead, I’ll get my guys to set up an online card

Might be a chance to sample some live scoring??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Might be a chance to sample some live scoring??

We used it a few years back for a few events. Was good crack from some but some didn’t like it.

Lads please please call this off there is no need for people traveling from all over the country look what is happening this morning in France How do we know that one of us might catch it or pass it one to someone else who in turn could give it to one of our loved ones who might have a reduced ability to fight the disease. Why would we even want to be away from our families at a time like this, This will pass we will play together again. Our country has been ahead of the curve in a lot of respects so should we ,,,,,,,,,,Cancel Please.

Lads please please call this off there is no need for people traveling from all over the country look what is happening this morning in France How do we know that one of us might catch it or pass it one to someone else who in turn could give it to one of our loved ones who might have a reduced ability to fight the disease. Why would we even want to be away from our families at a time like this, This will pass we will play together again. Our country has been ahead of the curve in a lot of respects so should we ,,,,,,,,,,Cancel Please.

Not Interested in prophets of doom

• Advertisement

Why would we even want to be away from our families at a time like this

(I googled "melodramatic")

Melodrama%2BPicture.jpg

Anyway, we all know that our sport is partaken in near isolation and as such, is the perfect sport for these times, as such amateur golf is still safely happening around the world. A great way for people to get exercise, mental therapy and (hopefully!) a little Vitamin D during these next few months.

As have many others, I've played golf through these last few weeks and see how helpful it is to ones mental wellbeing to have at least one thing to look forward to.

Hats off to the committee for the extra work gone into the little details to ensure everything possible is done to limit contact such as minimising any interactions with cash.

I'd suggest also for everyone to take food with you for this one, pay for fuel with card too and don't attend any orgies on the return trip home.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,821 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

RoadRunner wrote: »
    don't attend any orgies on the return trip home.

Well if that’s the case I’m with the rover, may as well call the whole thing off if we can’t go to the orgies

Seve OB wrote: »
    Well if that’s the case I’m with the rover, may as well call the whole thing off if we can’t go to the orgies

Doubt you'd even be allowed in the door seve :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Jesus lads you’re not going to get the virus from playing golf.
    Don’t shake hands. Don’t remove the flags. Take a photo of your scorecard and post up on a WhatsApp group or something similar. Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

You are not obliged to play

• Registered Users Posts: 15,821 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Doubt you'd even be allowed in the door seve :D

Sure you never invite me anyway

(I googled "melodramatic")

Melodrama%2BPicture.jpg

Anyway, we all know that our sport is partaken in near isolation and as such, is the perfect sport for these times, as such amateur golf is still safely happening around the world. A great way for people to get exercise, mental therapy and (hopefully!) a little Vitamin D during these next few months.

As have many others, I've played golf through these last few weeks and see how helpful it is to ones mental wellbeing to have at least one thing to look forward to.

Hats off to the committee for the extra work gone into the little details to ensure everything possible is done to limit contact such as minimising any interactions with cash.

I'd suggest also for everyone to take food with you for this one, pay for fuel with card too and don't attend any orgies on the return trip home.

Benny take note, especially to the last line

gypsy79 wrote: »
    You are not obliged to play
    My thoughts entirely

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dwd

Hey folks, just cancelled on teamer. I'm in a higher risk category due to other health conditions, so I've gone into full isolation mode, so much for getting back into golf in 2020 :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

dwd wrote: »
    Hey folks, just cancelled on teamer. I'm in a higher risk category due to other health conditions, so I've gone into full isolation mode, so much for getting back into golf in 2020 :(

Take care DWD, health is more important than golf all day long.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement