Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona Virus and events

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Charleville Half going ahead as an elite only race. 50 men and 50 ladies. They'd hardly need a 78 min pacer for back end of the ladies field would they? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Ceepo

healy1835 wrote: »
    Charleville Half going ahead as an elite only race. 50 men and 50 ladies. They'd hardly need a 78 min pacer for back end of the ladies field would they? :)

Great to see this going ahead in some form.
    Don't think they will have 50 elite ladies though.
    So I'd say they will keep the 100 entries but the ratio will change.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

"Please find the update issued by Sport Ireland last night in regard to the latest Covid advice.

Further specific details will be issued in the coming days from Sport Ireland but the good news is that we have had sign off from Sport Ireland that our Irish Life Health National Track & Field Championships can proceed as planned and training groups can continue to operate in multiple groups of 15."

https://www.athleticsireland.ie/news/coronavirus-covid-19-update

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭echancrure

So the new rule is it's groups of 15 maximum outdoor and 6 indoor unless it's an elite/professional event.

Bye bye road races in ROI till at least September 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Enduro

echancrure wrote: »
    So the new rule is it's groups of 15 maximum outdoor and 6 indoor unless it's an elite/professional event.

Bye bye road races in ROI till at least September 13.

It's not at all clear that that is the case. Groups of 15 appears to be for training. GAA matches (non-pro) appear to be fine, once behind closed doors, which is 15 + 15 + subs + managers + officials, so a lot more than just 15 in that case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,990 ✭✭✭✭event

for GAA each club is allowed 40. Thats players, managers, physios etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Enduro wrote: »
    It's not at all clear that that is the case. Groups of 15 appears to be for training. GAA matches (non-pro) appear to be fine, once behind closed doors, which is 15 + 15 + subs + managers + officials, so a lot more than just 15 in that case.
    I don't see any issue with a track or xc meet with the current restrictions. I suppose it's a bit grey when it comes to road races

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

event wrote: »
    for GAA each club is allowed 40. Thats players, managers, physios etc

And if juvenile, a parent is also allowed to.attend

• Registered Users Posts: 20,896 ✭✭✭✭Stark

IMRA got stung by permits. With the lack of clarity, landowners (such as Coillte, NPWS) automatically rescinded all permits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭opus

Stark wrote: »
    IMRA got stung by permits. With the lack of clarity, landowners (such as Coillte, NPWS) automatically rescinded all permits.

About that, wonder if Run the Line will go ahead in mid-Nov, it's all I've got left now that ever other thing I'd entered has bit the dust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,990 ✭✭✭✭event

And if juvenile, a parent is also allowed to.attend

Dont think thats confirmed, the GAA have just asked for that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Nationals seniors are fine as they are behind closed doors.

But what sort of clowns are running our country? Outdoor sports training is 15 only, but indoor cinemas are 50.

This government are losing the general public now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,150 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

event wrote: »
    Dont think thats confirmed, the GAA have just asked for that

Yeah, it's an assumption from the GAA unless and until it's clarified further.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭deisedude

MY BAD wrote: »
    I don't see any issue with a track or xc meet with the current restrictions. I suppose it's a bit grey when it comes to road races

East Cork Road Championships took place tonight public roads in a really small rural village apparently with the blessing of Irish Athletics

Opted out of running in it myself so don't know how it went

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭omicron

deisedude wrote: »
    East Cork Road Championships took place tonight public roads in a really small rural village apparently with the blessing of Irish Athletics

Opted out of running in it myself so don't know how it went

All pre entry, small numbers, men and women started at separate ends of the course, crowd dispersed immediately after no hanging around, no spectators barring a couple of officials.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

omicron wrote: »
    All pre entry, small numbers, men and women started at separate ends of the course, crowd dispersed immediately after no hanging around, no spectators barring a couple of officials.

Meanwhile a government minister and 80 odd cohorts can have a golf outing and meal in a hotel in Clifden.

Bollocks!!!

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 20,896 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Athletics Ireland have confirmed that the 15 person limit does not apply to competitions. (https://www.athleticsireland.ie/news/coronavirus-covid-19-update). A bit late for the race I was supposed to be doing tomorrow which has already been called off due to all the confusion. Also not sure how the clarification will affect permit situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,619 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Athletics Ireland YouTube channel is steaming the National Championships this weekend and next weekend..

RTE2 tomorrow at 5.30 pm is showing it

Men’s 1500 the pick of the bunch from these championships..

Epic finish in 1500 final..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Delighted for Paul Robinson, seriously gutsy stuff by both. Super race!!

• Advertisement

OOnegative wrote: »
    Delighted for Paul Robinson, seriously gutsy stuff by both. Super race!!

Yeah a great comeback story. And a lilywhite to boot :)

Yeah a great comeback story. And a lilywhite to boot :)

Sad he has a Dublin accent though!!!!

OOnegative wrote: »
    Sad he has a Dublin accent though!!!!

Let's not get into the nuances of North Kildare.... We need a little bit of a good story right now B ;)

Let's not get into the nuances of North Kildare.... We need a little bit of a good story right now B ;)

I followed the man since he was an u20 as it was when I started running myself, he’s had rotten luck the past 2/3 years injuries wise but his class showed this evening. Tobin is a beast but Robinson had the guts & determination to haul him back. Helps he’s from the nicest town in Kildare!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Snodge

What a race, delighted for Robinson, exceptional belief and determination. Also a fine run from u23 darragh mcelhinney in the 5000, dipping under 14mins.

1500 metres and to win by a hair..

Pity they don’t just call these draws..

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Cassbag90

Cant wait for when all this is over to get back to events

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Cassbag90 wrote: »
    Cant wait for when all this is over to get back to events

not looking good for road racing

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

IvoryTower wrote: »
    not looking good for road racing
    Grateful we at least have the national masters t&f going ahead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

You wait ages for a bus and then two come along together.........Feeling pre race nerves for the first time this year!! County 5k this evening followed by half on Sunday.

Advertisement