Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car has been reported as abandoned

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

I'd say it's the work of some busybody simply seeing the car always there and assuming it's abandoned, without bothering to check obvious giveaways like flat tires, level of crud on the car and tax/insurance being up to date.

Partly justifiable due to the fact leaving cars lying around, especially in the case of people moving to different cities or foreigner leaving the country, seems to be somewhat common here, for whatever reason. Years ago we had a 206CC laying abandoned in the office car park - decent condition car, less than 10 years old. Turned out the owner used to work in our company but had gone back to her home country, without bothering selling the car (which would have fetched her a grand or two at the time).

As for the "cars for cash" leafleet, I've found a couple of them on my 2006 car through the years. They tend to appear on cars that would be pretty much impossible to sell - e.g. pre-2008, petrol, over 1600cc and so on.

Then again, somebody might be stalking you...but probably not :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

irky neighbour - defo .
    just park at your house and f*ck the rest of em .

• Registered Users Posts: 7 eerie_me

Thanks for all the feedback, did just think it was odd coincidence got a letter same week I get the leaflet when never got either before.

I talked to the council and straightened everything out with them but was advised if you don't respond within two weeks, which could happen if on holidays, then it goes on a publicly viewable list on their website with notice they will remove in another two weeks so totally think anyone could target these cars without any interference.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

For example:
    https://www.sdcc.ie/en/services/environment/recycling-and-waste/abandoned-vehicles/

If it really was worth anyone's while lifting and stripping these vehicles, you'd think they'd scour these lists looking for cars that have one day left.

They don't though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

My two cents is that it's one of your neighbours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Ok ok..... It wasn't me......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭H.20v3

It's one of these things

The council fire out lazy letter

Legitimate owner has to panic and contact the council

Advertisement