Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Called back to Turas Nua for second time.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

US2 wrote:
    OP said he was willing to work but only a job which he likes and which is near him, so the anxiety, depression excuse doesn't work.

Oh ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 JoeThornton933

US2 wrote: »
    OP said he was willing to work but only a job which he likes and which is near him, so the anxiety, depression excuse doesn't work.

Because that doesn't effect my anxiety as much. It's fine though i don't expect somebody who doesn't suffer from it to understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Because that doesn't effect my anxiety as much. It's fine though i don't expect somebody who doesn't suffer from it to understand.

If that's the case you are required to talk to your doctor and go on disability. If you are on a jobseekers payment you are required to take any job. If you turn down a job your payment can't be stopped.

I suffer from anxiety too, not specifically around working, moreso with dealing with people in person. But I'm out working like most other people paying for you not to work unless everything is perfect for you.

Are you serious? hahaha

yeah one second, i spent 5 years in college to qualify for my dream job and now this random guy on the internet is telling me i have to be a bin man

you can be a slave to the system if you want but i won't

You've proven you aren't capable of getting your dream job so go and provide for yourself instead of relying on everyone else to do it for you.

And I don't make the rules I'm just repeating them.

You're saying your rural, farmers are crying out that they can't get anyone to help them on the farms have you tried and of them?

I wish i could have that mentality but i couldn't do a job that i know i would not be good at or wouldn't enjoy one bit. i have done that for 2 and a half years before and it was a terrible experience. i suffer from bad anxiety and the thought of being forced into a job i am not suited for really worries me

At least 50% of people don't enjoy working but it's just the facts of live and being an adult.

Jobseekers is for people who need it, not for arseholes sitting at home saying they are too good to do the jobs that everyone else is doing to pay your jobseekers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

I wish i could have that mentality but i couldn't do a job that i know i would not be good at or wouldn't enjoy one bit. i have done that for 2 and a half years before and it was a terrible experience. i suffer from bad anxiety and the thought of being forced into a job i am not suited for really worries me

Joe first of all never mind the usual clowns on here. A lot of them are bitter and enjoy punching down on others not as fortunate. I know a couple of guys in your situaton and mental health issues are a terrible thing and not to be taken likely. Stay strong 💪 and ignore the haters. Keep the faith in yourself and seek help if possible for your anxiety and eventually the world will turn.

Best of luck pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

What did you study?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,715 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Are you serious? hahaha

yeah one second, i spent 5 years in college to qualify for my dream job and now this random guy on the internet is telling me i have to be a bin man

Are there any jobs in your neighbourhood doing that dream job? If not, then you either need to move, or adjust your dreams.

There's a mad thing in this country with people training to be a <<whatever>> and only afterward copping on to where they have to live in order to work in that field, and throwing their toys because they want to live near mammy not up in Dublin.

But with your health issues, you do sound like jobseekers is the wrong benefit for you to be on.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 JoeThornton933

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Joe first of all never mind the usual clowns on here. A lot of them are bitter and enjoy punching down on others not as fortunate. I know a couple of guys in your situaton and mental health issues are a terrible thing and not to be taken likely. Stay strong 💪 and ignore the haters. Keep the faith in yourself and seek help if possible for your anxiety and eventually the world will turn.

Best of luck pal.

Thanks mate, really appreciate it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

GarIT wrote: »

Getting yourself transport or moving nearer to a job is your responsibility imo.

But you said 'every business you pass will hire anyone'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

I'm a tradesman but have no probs cleaning windows, gutter's,cutting grass etc,I offer anyone I work for all these services ( ps i was doing environment sc in college/ was a full time GAA coach for a few years in Derry) don't give a crap what type of job it is as lonf6as it's using my hands/ decorator by trade

Advertisement