Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Solar PV Quotes 2020

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Thanks to those that have sent PMs. Getting quotes starting to go in the right direction.

Quote 2: 10 x 400w panels (4kWp) + 5kW Hybrid Inverter + 5kW battery + Eddi.

€10,700 inc VAT, less SEAI grant of €3,000 for total of €7,700.

Quote 3: Quote 2: 10 x 400w panels (4kWp) + 5kW Hybrid Inverter + 4.8kW battery + Eddi.

€10,500 inc VAT, less SEAI grant of €3,000 for total of €7,500.

PMs for better quotes welcomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Is the technology not going to keep improving? So is starting small and adding on improved panels when batteries or grid payments (or both) are in place not better? There is being responsible for the planet and then there is burning money to give to the ESB. :D

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 64,835 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Nope, not really. There is continuous improvements in panels, but the gain is tiny. Think the efficiency of a budget panel has gone from about 15% to about 20% in the last 5-10 years or so. Panel prices actually have gone up since I posted that as shipping costs from China have doubled or trebled. So my point stands, install as many panels as you can (installation costs more than the panels and it's not much more expensive in labour to install 12 than it is to install 4 panels), but go easy on the rest of the stuff (batteries / hybrid inverters / smart chargers etc)

Have not read all 114 pages but have read a large number at the start and end, thanks to all the frequent informed posters!

I am looking at options for a property with a geothermal heat-pump. An initial contact with a company suggested 6.08kW solar PV array (16 x 380W Q-Cells solar PV panels), with either 8.2kWh or 10.4kWh of battery storage, depending on my overall requirements.

Will continue reading, and looking into the SAAS option. Can't say I am keen to DIY this but it does seem like some mega installation costs kill the ROI.

I'm not yet sold on how helpful batteries will be. Another big knowledge gap is around winter when the heating will obviously be used the most? I am not against the line of some posters to load the roof up with as many panels as one can afford, however if performance in the winter is poor, when heating/pump is needed, I am not sure I want to invest excessively, as the ESB isnt a charity I need to spend the summer funding!)

😎

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭championc

You could easily go the SaaS route for a basic install and go a DIY route for the battery, adding a separate storage inverter like the Sofar ME3000 and 16 CALB 200ah cells giving you 10kW from AliExpress for €2k delivered to your door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Go for a 6kW system but get a small 2.4kW battery (to avail of the full grant). 8.2 or 10.4 would be prohibitively expensive unless done the DIY way as suggested by championc.

For a 6kW system with a hybrid inverter and small battery you should be looking to pay 7k ish.You could drop the battery altogether and get a normal (non-hybrid) inverter. That should come in at under 6k.

Get PV for PV's sake. You are correct it won't do much for the heatpump. But it will cut your electricity bills in the summer and the shoulder months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

On the second quote, ask them how much it will be if you get a 2.4kW battery. Also ask how much you will save if you don't get the Eddi. You could get the same system with with a 2.4kW battery and no Eddi for under 6k which would have a better payback than the 7500 system.

would one sell the small battery then or use two batteries?

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DennisZ

Hi everyone.

Got a quote for 12 x 365W panels + matching inverter. No battery or hot water (already have thermal panel). Already have Harvi, only need an extra CT clamp.

11k (vat included). Post 2011 house, so no grant. Seems to be on a higher side, but not sure by how much.

Really disappointed by the process of getting quotes. Would be great if installers advertised a ballpark price for a standard install.

update: 12k for 15 panels. discount of 1.5k if i keep their ad board for month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,072 ✭✭✭✭KCross

update: 12k for 15 panels. discount of 1.5k if i keep their ad board for month.

Stay away from them. I think they are a little too active in the market! 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 6,479 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I got 9 panels x 360w for 3200 after grant. You can do the maths

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bif

Folks. How does the quote below sound? I have an EV on order and would get €3400 for PV and EV charger grants (I think!). Thanks

12 PANELS 4KW .340 WATT JA SOLAR.

5KW HYBRID SOLIS INVERTER.

5KW PURE DRIVE BATTERY.

EDDIE WATER DIVERTER.

WI FI DONGLE.

EV CHARGER ZAPPI.

PRICE 11500 EUROS INC. VAT .

Post edited by Bif on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭deravarra

Do you have the price without the Battery? It looks a bit on the steep side tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

• Registered Users Posts: 4 didser

Hi,

I got a bunch of quotes back and all seem a long long way off the 1K/1Kw benchmark. To be fair my roof is awkward and will require more install effort that a standard bungalow type of house. My preference is to fit as many panels on as I can but they all told me they could fit on completely different numbers.

I've yet to be convinced on the battery side of things so I asked for quotes with and without except for from Provider A because I has already checked out of the conversation at that point 😆

Provider A

• Generation: 4.69kwh (Qcell 335w)
    • Batt:5kwh - Custom
    • Water: Eddi (included)
    • Inverter: Custom
    • Price: €14,330

Provider B

• Generation: 3.06kwh (Qcell 340w)
    • Batt:5kwh - Sonnen (9.53)
    • Water: iBoost (optional +€649)
    • Inverter: Huawei Sun2000 3KTL or hybrid if batt
    • Price: €6,598
    • Price (w batt): €10,380

Provider C

• Generation: 3.96kwh (REC Twinpeak 4 360W)
    • Batt: 2.4kW - Pylon Tech US2000
    • Water: Eddi (included)
    • Inverter: Solis Hybrid Inverter RHI 3.6 kW
    • Price: €9,813
    • Price (w batt): €10,330

All prices are after grants etc

I'm waiting on quotes back from a 4th company.

If anybody would be so kind as to PM me a more reasonably priced provider I would appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭deravarra

• Registered Users Posts: 13 bingo76

Hiya,

This is a great thread - thanks to to all for sharing quotes. Here's mine. Seems middling ground, although still double that 1k/1kW benchmark

• 4.125kW generation
    • 11 Longi 375w panels (25yr output guarantee)
    • Solis hybrid inverter
    • Pylontech 3.6kw battery
    • No Water diverter requested.

Price after full 3k grant, €7.8k

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Colm82

Westmeath based here, I have gotten some huge prices for a 4.2kw system - similar to the high ones posted here, not worth re-posting.

Can anyone pm me with a midlands based installer who give close to the 1k to 1kw price?

• Advertisement

You would buy / contract SaaS with no battery, but add your own later.

Until the nonsense of pricing goes away, people should just consider SouthWesterly's approach with a 3.2kWp SaaS from my*****.ie for €3,200 after grant.

It's absolutely nuts coming on here asking if a 4kWp system is woth paying €7k or whatever.

Just buy a SaaS, buy it out, and add more panels if you are really that pushed.

Jesus who pixxed in your beer, people are asking genuine questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,479 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Just to add, that price may not be available to everyone. There was a group of us who got it done same time but its worth asking.

Could someone PM me with their SAAS provider (if there is more than one)?

😎

Maybe I was a bit blunt with the response, but it's important for people to realize that a 4kWp system might save them about €400 per year, and so, spending €8k on such a system could take 20 years to pay for itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Morning all,

Would appreciate if I could get a few recommendations for installers, based in the midlands.

Had received a few through the ev thread but with this new boards they seem to have disappeared from the inbox.

Hoping it would be an easy install on a bungalow with wide open roof facing about 200° and could probably take 24/26 panels. Will also look at the diy route so will be interested to see what premium I would be paying for the fitting.

Zappi, Eddi etc all in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

14x 380w jinko panels

Trannergy SGN 5400

Iboost

Quoted €6200 after grant.

Its not a straight forward install, as we have roofing/car port below where its to be installed. So scaffold is needed.

But what're your feelings on the inverter/iboost?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

Try to get a better brand inverter. The inverter is the weakest link long term

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭con747

I got a few pm's for providers in the midlands as well about 2 months ago but they have also vanished from my messages so if anyone can pm again please. One was a northern company and a saas company among others.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement