Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruit Prison Officer 2020

Options

Comments

Macu17ab wrote: »
    Heard from a couple of sources within IPS that this intake could be beginning training by the end of December

Surely not? The Garda clearance is taking people 12 months at the moment.. hopefully though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭Macu17ab

Surely not? The Garda clearance is taking people 12 months at the moment.. hopefully though

Results for the first round interview will be out mid October.

Vetting for the IPS will take 4-6 weeks from commencement currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Borrow

Heard from a couple of sources within IPS that this intake could be beginning training by the end of December
    Doubt that very much.maybe a class or 2 to train before end of year.easily nxt year I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Alc 1986

Results for the first round interview will be out mid October.

Vetting for the IPS will take 4-6 weeks from commencement currently.

4-6weeks ??all of us from 2019 are still waiting bar a few.we are all waiting a year now for clearance.Trust me yous have at least 9 months

Alc 1986 wrote: »
    4-6weeks ??all of us from 2019 are still waiting bar a few.we are all waiting a year now for clearance.Trust me yous have at least 9 months

Were you in the first intake or were you out of the OOM and kept for reserve?

• Advertisement

im between 100 and 120.

majority of 2019 who have completed every stage havnt got clearance yet and we got our interview results last november

Alc 1986 wrote: »
    majority of 2019 who have completed every stage havnt got clearance yet and we got our interview results last november

Damn that is a very long time, i’ll have to get onto someone to try and find out more.

Can I ask, have you already been called for the fitness test and GP visit? Seems a bit mad doing the fitness test and then having you hanging for a year. I know I could certainly pack on on a few kilos in a year from experience!

Yeah done medical back in march and doing firness next friday.so basically everything done and just waiting on clearance.weve all been waiting since last oct/november for clearance.everyone doing fitness last week most dont have clearance.Its such a long process to be waiting.obv covid has set everything back .so hopefully things bow moving again and clearance starts getting faster.

Hi everyone quick question if anyone can help, if for example you have the interview passed and your OOM is for example 150, and you pass the medical and fitness etc, is it then only a matter of time before you are recruited, or is it still possible you won’t get the job if your OOM is too high? or does it completely depend on how many they’re taking on? Hope that makes sense.. thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 clum2020

Hi folks, well done to all that made the interview stage for RPO, I received email to say forward on my academic qualifications and then I need to wait for security vetting forms in the coming weeks. Anyone have any idea when the PCT and medical are due to commence as like all other participants it’s been a long drawn our process to date?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Ironhead93

Hi guys, im part of the 2020 campaign, passed stage 2 earlier in the year and im in the OOM around 300 awaiting call for an interview. Is it supposed to take this long? Im quite anxious that they'll never get to me and I'll be left in the wind. Any insight would be great, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Tomtom3105

Ironhead93 wrote: »
    Hi guys, im part of the 2020 campaign, passed stage 2 earlier in the year and im in the OOM around 300 awaiting call for an interview. Is it supposed to take this long? Im quite anxious that they'll never get to me and I'll be left in the wind. Any insight would be great, thanks.

I am in the same boat got an email saying we would be doing a zoom role play bit I was just out of the oom for the first batch and
    just got an email saying the second bunch be called later in the year and haven't heard anything since

Ironhead93 wrote: »

I’m between 30-60 and I’ve completed the interview, which was about 4 weeks ago.

If I understand correctly the GP visit will be in another 4 weeks, meanwhile they will move along the OOM to interview more people.

Not sure anyone can give a concrete direction as the whole roadmap has been a bit muddled with PAS trying to adapt to the new work environment with COVID, understandably.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dean2020

Just wondering any sign on a new recruitment campign starting back up soon fail 2 times am still not giving up any news will the recruitment drive last for a few years hoping to past all my stages next time around no wont be recruimemt campigan start anytime soon of this virus be nice to get some information is prision service recrument sometime in near future hear their lacking prision officers very short on numbers

Dean2020 wrote: »
    Just wondering any sign on a new recruitment campign starting back up soon fail 2 times am still not giving up any news will the recruitment drive last for a few years hoping to past all my stages next time around no wont be recruimemt campigan start anytime soon of this virus be nice to get some information is prision service recrument sometime in near future hear their lacking prision officers very short on numbers

If there was to be a new recruitment campaign I'd say it would be atleast a year from this recruitment rounds' commencement date.

Since you've failed twice you should really try work on the areas you've failed - Career services have some helpful courses where you can practice the verbal, numerical, and logical reasoning tests that you take with PAS.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dean2020

Thank u very much have the online prision serivce course their on carrer serivces going get back into it l am getting ready for the next recruiment campigan hopefully works out better for me next time around.

Security clearance forms were sent out today.. Is there any point in being anything other than truthful, ie giving false addresses because of having uncles aunts oversees? Or will they find out everything either way. Also if a relative has a criminal record can that effect me? Even if I have little or no relationship with the person? Thanks

Security clearance forms were sent out today.. Is there any point in being anything other than truthful, ie giving false addresses because of having uncles aunts oversees? Or will they find out everything either way. Also if a relative has a criminal record can that effect me? Even if I have little or no relationship with the person? Thanks

It’s a tough one to answer tbh, it’s better to answer honestly and in detail as ultimately the security screening is in place for the right reason and once the historic criminal record isn’t about you or that you have already disclosed you will be fine. The last thing you want is IPS returning it to you to submit again.

clum2020 wrote: »
    It’s a tough one to answer tbh, it’s better to answer honestly and in detail as ultimately the security screening is in place for the right reason and once the historic criminal record isn’t about you or that you have already disclosed you will be fine. The last thing you want is IPS returning it to you to submit again.

Thanks for the reply. Ya true you have a good point would be a disaster to have to re do it. Just annoying that someone might have to wait months extra due to having an aunt or uncle on the other side of the world that they barely know.. such is life

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply. Ya true you have a good point would be a disaster to have to re do it. Just annoying that someone might have to wait months extra due to having an aunt or uncle on the other side of the world that they barely know.. such is life

Agreed, I guess everyone is in the same boat and know of one guy from overseas that took 12 months for clearance. Any idea after security vetting when the medical or PCT will happen?

clum2020 wrote: »
    Agreed, I guess everyone is in the same boat and know of one guy from overseas that took 12 months for clearance. Any idea after security vetting when the medical or PCT will happen?

As far as I know it’s usually within a month or two of each other, we could easily have the medical in the next 4-6 weeks. The last few years people have had the medical and fitness finished long before their clearance comes back..

As far as I know it’s usually within a month or two of each other, we could easily have the medical in the next 4-6 weeks. The last few years people have had the medical and fitness finished long before their clearance comes back..

Yes could take a while and with the new Level 3 restrictions coming into place tomorrow the next few months could delay things again.

I'm in the same boat, I have an uncle who moved to Australia when I was 2 and I've only met him a handful of times. Real shame something like that could delay things.

I wouldn't risk leaving out information though, I imagine they would see the relation in there after some digging.

I'm in the same boat, I have an uncle who moved to Australia when I was 2 and I've only met him a handful of times. Real shame something like that could delay things.

I wouldn't risk leaving out information though, I imagine they would see the relation in there after some digging.

I agree. At the same time it’s very possible some people would have no communication with a relative and literally have no idea where they live for whatever reason.

I agree. At the same time it’s very possible some people would have no communication with a relative and literally have no idea where they live for whatever reason.

Agreed as with COVID-19 we don’t even know our neighbors anymore never mind distant relatives that you have no contact or connection with anymore. I guess no right or wrong answer guys but it’s progression non the same with moving ahead with the recruitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tobleron

Quick question?

The Security Clearance Form asks to list all employments for the last 10 years.

Fine.

But it then asks if you’ve ever been dismissed from a job.

I was dismissed from a job about 8 years ago for “gross misconduct”.

Basically for giving lip to a manager in a college job when I was a young lad.

If I put this on the form am I basically ruling myself out of the competition?

Everything else is 100%, neither myself nor anyone in my family has ever had any bother with the law.

Tobleron wrote: »
    Quick question?

The Security Clearance Form asks to list all employments for the last 10 years.

Fine.

But it then asks if you’ve ever been dismissed from a job.

I was dismissed from a job about 8 years ago for “gross misconduct”.

Basically for giving lip to a manager in a college job when I was a young lad.

If I put this on the form am I basically ruling myself out of the competition?

Everything else is 100%, neither myself nor anyone in my family has ever had any bother with the law.

Not going to lie, I’d 100% make up a different reason for leaving the job.. but that’s just my opinion😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tobleron

Not going to lie, I’d 100% make up a different reason for leaving the job.. but that’s just my opinion😂

Aye, was thinking the same, I’ll have to roll the dice.

There wouldn’t be anyone working there now who’d remember me, and I doubt their record keeping was anyway sharp.

Hopefully its the Garda end of things their more interested in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Tobleron wrote:
    Aye, was thinking the same, I’ll have to roll the dice.

Just make sure that nothing you say here can identify you. I would suggest that to all candidates but some moreso than others. Good luck with it.

Advertisement