Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recruit Prison Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭timmy2772

When you are filling in the clearance forms lads do you just fill it in by hand and scan the forms onto the email address given ?

timmy2772 wrote: »
    When you are filling in the clearance forms lads do you just fill it in by hand and scan the forms onto the email address given ?

No, you edit all pages on your computer/laptop and email it to the email address given, then the final declaration page you print off and sign it and you just post off that page to them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭Macu17ab

Does anyone know just how much the restrictions are affecting the training in Portlaoise? I'd love to know if they are still training classes of recruits throughout all of this, or if it will be halted by the level 5 restrictions that are coming into effect this Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 clum2020

Macu17ab wrote: »
    Does anyone know just how much the restrictions are affecting the training in Portlaoise? I'd love to know if they are still training classes of recruits throughout all of this, or if it will be halted by the level 5 restrictions that are coming into effect this Wednesday.

New intake commenced in Portlaoise on Monday 19th of October with 18 RPO’s and another 18 in Dublin making a total of 36 RPO’s all from last years campaign.

clum2020 wrote: »
    New intake commenced in Portlaoise on Monday 19th of October with 18 RPO’s and another 18 in Dublin making a total of 36 RPO’s all from last years campaign.

That’s great news, thanks Clum. Is there somewhere online where info like this is available to everyone or is this coming from inside?

• Advertisement

Anyone receive a date for the medical or physical yet guys after submitting the security clearance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Hemmingsway

18 in Dublin? i thought all training is to be done in the training college in Portlaoise?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

18 in Dublin? i thought all training is to be done in the training college in Portlaoise?

RTFM!

https://www.irishprisons.ie/wp-content/uploads/documents_other/Recruit-Prison-Officer-2018-Information-Booklet-Final.docx

Section 6

RTFM!

i cant read leo, will you read it for me? :)

• Advertisement

Anyone receive invitation for the PCT or medical report after submitting their recent security clearance application?

No , did you ?

Nothing yet as only submitted my security clearance last Friday but hoping we will receive some update from HR in IPS soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Mac554

Anyone know what to expect with the role play

Mac554 wrote: »

The Role Play Exercise- did that not conclude about 2 or 3 months ago?

The Role Play Exercise- did that not conclude about 2 or 3 months ago?

The second round

Mac554 wrote: »

Take a second to reply if the person goes on the offensive, better to look like you are considering your response than reacting to what the person says - it can get a little intense. Also don’t mention them or you blowing anyone. Or do, maybe you are really charismatic and can get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Hally21

Anyone hearing anything about when the IPS are recruiting again?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Sylvia2013

Hi, just a quick question on qualifications.. I wouldn't have done the best in LC, but over the years have completed level 5 and 6 qualifications. Should this suffice or am I wasting my time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NeillOJane

Tomtom3105 wrote: »
    Hey did anyone get the email from public jobs this morning with their OOM number. What does this number mean ?

Hey guys, just signed up to boards today to find a few in the same boat as myself, I’m through to stage 3 OOM is terrible I’m like 509 😂 what did you guys place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Tomtom3105

NeillOJane wrote: »
    Hey guys, just signed up to boards today to find a few in the same boat as myself, I’m through to stage 3 OOM is terrible I’m like 509 😂 what did you guys place?

Which part of stage three interview or roleplay?

How did the role plays go were yous able to resolve the matter. Mine when pretty bad tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dean2020

Is their any sign yet of a new recruiment starting soon for new prision officers just matter of waiting just wanna no so l can study the pratice exams on career services 3rd time applying next time around starting to give up hope l am trying to get in that this point

Dean2020 wrote: »
    Is their any sign yet of a new recruiment starting soon for new prision officers just matter of waiting just wanna no so l can study the pratice exams on career services 3rd time applying next time around starting to give up hope l am trying to get in that this point

It’s usually announced around March/April if there is going to be one. That’s when the last two were.

Dean it has all changed since covid so not sure how relevant career services will be. There was a role play exercise on zoom this year. The interview was on zoom. There was also a written exercise on some other online platform. They only thing that was regular was the Tests up in Dublin( english comprehension and mathematics)...

am failing the maths l am dont see why maths are in his exams dont see why would ya need maths in the prision serivce really dont to become a prision officer

• Registered Users Posts: 6 P.O. 1

If you dont know why a prison officer needs to be good at maths you definitly should not be one.

Grammar is just as important as maths for the RPO role so anyone who can’t spell the word definitely correct would struggle with report writing and observation..

Just hoping it won't be long for new recruitment to start back up again looking foward to applying again for the 3rd time trying and get back to studying practices tests on career services

• Advertisement

Don't listen to the negativity of others Dean. Do plenty of practice tests that are provided and you should be ok. Best of luck.

Advertisement