Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster vs. Cheetahs, Saturday 15th February, 14.30 (Eir Sport 1, Freesport)

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭crisco10

I have never been so wet.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

stephen_n wrote: »
    Given the conditions that was an excellent performance. I left at halftime completely soaked to the bone. Don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed a rugby game less in my life.

Sounds like the Leinster Connacht New Years game a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Stheno wrote: »
    Sounds like the Leinster Connacht New Years game a few years ago

That game I was in the grandstand for and was fine. In the terrace today and was soaked through a poncho and a rain jacket, plus having my runners filled with water, not enjoyable at all really. Think that was definitely one to watch at home 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I am cold. I am wet. And dont think I've enjoyed an 80 mins as much as that in a long time. Great craic on the terrace and some gas moments from players. Shout out to the Cheetahs wingers, both of whom seemed to lose the will to live out there yet still managed to laugh about it. 5-0 in those conditions is an excellent return.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

This game will be forgotten soon, but Cronins howler at the lineout will live forever lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,370 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

crisco10 wrote: »
    I have never been so wet.

Calm down Madam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Delighted with that BP win. I thought Frawley directed things really well in the conditions. Ruddock was immense, as were Deegan and Connors. And Kelleher is just so good. Delighted for Bent getting the try.

Fair play to Leinster for letting North/South stand ticket holders into the covered stands - I was going to stay away, but enjoyed the game immensely in the Grandstand.

Somewhat engaging, regularly hilarious but mostly miserable match.

Cheetahs definitely came to play a game, the collisions early on were ferocious but after around 15 minutes they were struggling much worse than us in the conditions and seemed to lose impetus.

Some great entertainment throughout, both in terms of the rugby and the incidental stuff. Need to get a .gif of that Sean Cronin misthrow. It happened on the Anglesea side and I think a lot of the crowd missed it, The following line out was a similar position and he got a good cheer from the terrace after he threw!

Really don't know what happened to our scrum, definitely should have been a penalty try during that period in the second half. They had two massive units on the pitch in the second row for the last 30, but they seemed to have convinced Whitehouse at that stage that they had won the scum battle and he was giving us nothing. I felt sorry for them that they couldn't convert anything because they put all the work in to make it more of a game.

Not sure why Will Connors got motm, spent the game carrying, tackling and scoring tries instead of getting stuck into rucks.

A good result but a messy unpredictable game. Leinsters handling was the difference early on but Cheetahs solid enough all things considered.

As Molloy said - their back three looked miserable. Barely saw the ball and spent the second half jogging on the spot trying to stay warm.

I consider Whitehouse to be the weakest of the current crop of pro ref's but none of them seem interested in reffing the offside line anymore. Today was no different, despite the fact that the touch judges were openly communicating with the players in terms of where they needed to be - they were still ignoring really clear infringements right in front of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

mangobob wrote: »
    This game will be forgotten soon, but Cronins howler at the lineout will live forever lol

https://twitter.com/andymcgeady/status/1228715818269233153?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

scott1974 wrote: »

Bet if he tried to do that again, he wouldn't be able!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

one moment that stood out for me was right after the Cheetah’s first try, Ruddock (who had taken over the captaincy) immediately popped up and started asking the ref to check with the TMO. Whitehouse refused and Ruddock seemed genuinely frustrated and angry that they had conceded a try, after the Cheetah’s had been camped on their line for 10 minutes, they had a man in the bin, their scrum was imploding, and they were ahead by 36 points. not even mentioning that they’re already almost of sight in their conference and they were playing in a monsoon.

just absolutely psychotic levels of competitiveness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

Somewhat engaging, regularly hilarious but mostly miserable match.

Cheetahs definitely came to play a game, the collisions early on were ferocious but after around 15 minutes they were struggling much worse than us in the conditions and seemed to lose impetus.

Some great entertainment throughout, both in terms of the rugby and the incidental stuff. Need to get a .gif of that Sean Cronin misthrow. It happened on the Anglesea side and I think a lot of the crowd missed it, The following line out was a similar position and he got a good cheer from the terrace after he threw!

Really don't know what happened to our scrum, definitely should have been a penalty try during that period in the second half. They had two massive units on the pitch in the second row for the last 30, but they seemed to have convinced Whitehouse at that stage that they had won the scum battle and he was giving us nothing. I felt sorry for them that they couldn't convert anything because they put all the work in to make it more of a game.

Not sure why Will Connors got motm, spent the game carrying, tackling and scoring tries instead of getting stuck into rucks.

A good result but a messy unpredictable game. Leinsters handling was the difference early on but Cheetahs solid enough all things considered.

As Molloy said - their back three looked miserable. Barely saw the ball and spent the second half jogging on the spot trying to stay warm.

I consider Whitehouse to be the weakest of the current crop of pro ref's but none of them seem interested in reffing the offside line anymore. Today was no different, despite the fact that the touch judges were openly communicating with the players in terms of where they needed to be - they were still ignoring really clear infringements right in front of them.

He had a good game. No questions about his quality just whether he offers enough of a breakdown threat and game to be considered top class 7. He’s improving and growing into the jersey but there’s some stiff opposition in front of him. He deserved MOTM but don’t get carried away with yourself yet.

Granny15 wrote: »
    He had a good game. No questions about his quality just whether he offers enough of a breakdown threat and game to be considered top class 7. He’s improving and growing into the jersey but there’s some stiff opposition in front of him. He deserved MOTM but don’t get carried away with yourself yet.

Nah he was a complete show pony. Heaslip at his worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

Nah he was a complete show pony. Heaslip at his worst.

You should take a trip down to munsterfans some time 90% of the posters there put Leavy ahead of VDF on the Englandv Ireland thread. And VDF is one on fire this season. I’m not saying he won’t make it but for some posters on here putting him on 50+ caps for Ireland at this stage is a bit far fetched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,370 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Granny15 wrote: »
    You should take a trip down to munsterfans some time 90% of the posters there put Leavy ahead of VDF on the Englandv Ireland thread. And VDF is one on fire this season. I’m not saying he won’t make it but for some posters on here putting him on 50+ caps for Ireland at this stage is a bit far fetched.

I think Venjur is on a wind-up.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Very unlike Venjur, he's normally so straight up and down.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I think Venjur is on a wind-up.....

Show. Pony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,412 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Show. Pony.

Getting your wind up stats up

salmocab wrote: »

maxresdefault.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Venjur all about work rate, and pashun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,412 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

maxresdefault.jpg

If he’d been wearing headphones you would have got double points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,722 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

If he’d been wearing headphones you would have got double points.

4JZ4edp_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Rockbeast2

4JZ4edp_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

* White boots out of shot *

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭wavehopper1

maxresdefault.jpg

Serious question, who is he talking to? I don't know, but my guess is Martin Bayfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Serious question, who is he talking to? I don't know, but my guess is Martin Bayfield.

That's the Ireland Romania game in 2015. Dunno her name but Heaslip was looking up into the stands at Wembley not the interviewer

• Advertisement
Advertisement