Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that trigger the left?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

When heterosexual males don't treat other men in dresses like women.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

The Champions League

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Homophobia, racism, sexism, neo liberalism

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Shouldn't the thread be renamed "Things that the right think triggers the left"?

Things that trigger the left: Racism, homophobia, misogyny, etc.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Shouldn't the thread be renamed "Things that the right think triggers the left"?

Things that trigger the left: Racism, homophobia, misogyny, etc.

add another item

being told that not everything they dislike should be filed under an -ism

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

White people

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭SeanW

Logic, reason, facts, universal standards.

No need to... but let's face it, Shapiro is good for showing just how rare it is to find someone who advocates leftist principles, who is also capable/willing to debate properly. Most of those he encounters throw out garbage and are unable to back up their statements.

It is good to see that some on the left (or those in the middle but are pushed into the left) are evolving towards engaging in a discussion/debate rather than calling names, or making emotional outbursts.

He "debates" with a bunch of amateur, ill prepared, college students most of the time. My point is he has proven that he's even worse than the libtards when faced with anybody with any sort of debating prowess. Look at the titles of the videos with him and Peterson etc.... "woke SJW gets OWNED BY SHAPIRO!!!,". Imagine the circle jerk that would ensue if some lesbian feminist stormed out of an interview after saying "nobody's ever even heard of you"

He "debates" with a bunch of amateur, ill prepared, college students most of the time. My point is he has proven that he's even worse than the libtards when faced with anybody with any sort of debating prowess. Look at the titles of the videos with him and Peterson etc.... "woke SJW gets OWNED BY SHAPIRO!!!,". Imagine the circle jerk that would ensue if some lesbian feminist stormed out of an interview after saying "nobody's ever even heard of you"

To be fair, Youtube is full of clickbait titles, and Americans love the extreme drama of such crap.

But I agree that he debates or rather tears down, ill prepared college students with extremely naive ideas. It highlights though the level of what people consider to be acceptable behavior for those on the left, feminists, or SJW. Making a fool of these idiots is a good thing in my mind, because it encourages those who get into such arguments to be better prepared. Regardless of what side they're on.

I don't watch him at all anymore. I watched him a bit about two years ago. Nor do I watch Peterson. Similar time-frame for watching his vids. I've become far less concerned with American society and politics over the last decade as they rush headlong into extreme extremist thought/behavior. I found Shapiro a wee bit interesting the first few times I watched him, but I wouldn't consider either him or Peterson to be good debaters. Nor would I hold with many of their ideas either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

Easy to say when you'll be back resurrected in the 3rd film after "dying" in the 2nd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Things that trigger the left?
    Their parent's values.
    Tradition.
    Fondness of your locality.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,210 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Saying that somebody living in temporary accomdation shouldn't have more children.

relying on facts rather than accepting that their emotions are just as important...

everything "seems" to mean... something other than what was said.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

We have a tendency to practice call out culture. Its not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Punishing violent criminals
    Deporting foreign criminals
    Sensible immigration policies
    Freedom of speech
    Hey in fairness we are sending our drug addicts to RUSSIA! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Snails pace

Not agreeing that everything has to be labelled and its ok to feel a bit sad and upset sometimes, you dont have a mental problem. saying there's also only two genders, male and female.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

Stating that a fetus is a human life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

Dropping US bombs on innocent woman & children.

Being a c*nt on the right

Evicting people from houses

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Not agreeing that everything has to be labelled and its ok to feel a bit sad and upset sometimes, you dont have a mental problem. saying there's also only two genders, male and female.

I'm pretty far to the left & this doesn't make me "triggered", there's obviously only two genders, the famous feminist Germain Greer stated this.

• Advertisement

Israeli goods

Orange man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Everything.

biko wrote: »
    Israeli goods

And in the mid 1980's South African goods in Dunnes Stores.

Old people that won't die fast enough to leave their houses to young people.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Pointing out examples of leftist extremism every bit as bad as right.

Stating that a fetus is a human life.

Uncle Joe Stalin outlawed abortions in the Soviet Union in the mid 1930's. Was Stalin a man of the right?

Uncle Joe Stalin outlawed abortions in the Soviet Union in the mid 1930's. Was Stalin a man of the right?

Yeah, but I'm sure he had other reasons for doing so. Just as the Chinese had their own reasons for aborting so many

• Registered Users Posts: 16,291 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Noel Grealish.

Must have been an awful disappointment to hear he got re elected.

• Advertisement

The border wall between Gaza and Egypt

Advertisement