Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Boardsies Decide The Greatest Music Album Of All-Time

Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭ Reberetta

Greetings travellers,

So I have this idea:

People send me their top 10 favourite albums of all-time via PM in numbered order of preference. Then, with a scoring system ( 10 points for number 1, 9 points for number 9, down to 1 point for number 10 etc.) I will add up the totals and run a countdown of the top 50/100 albums of all-time here on boards according to its members.

Alternately, I could run a tournament, but I don't think that would work at all? Let me know what you think.

So if you're on-board, PM me your choice of favourite album of all-time or a number of your favourite albums of all-time (top 2, top 3, top 4, top 10-it doesn't matter)-just make sure it's no more than 10 and in numbered order of preference.

You can also provide reasons for your choices and I will include all or some of those commentaries in the countdown, along with a video of a song from the album, its placings and points total, a list of members who chose it, its chart peak etc.

I know it's quite hard to decide favourites but it's worth a go, and if all goes to plan, I will do a countdown of the top 50/100 someday in the very distant future. I intend on starting a thread in the music forum too, and maybe even After Hours, in order to notify people and get more on board as we have quite a small group here on FG.

I will leave sign-ups open for a quite a while so no rush and we'll see how it goes...if it doesn't work, it just means less work for me.:)

Remember send me a private message with your top 10 of all-time in numbered order, or alternately, just your favourite album or your top 3 etc.

Oh, and no Greatest Hits Albums allowed! I'm looking at you, Alan Partridge.

Everything else is fair game.

Comments

Advertisement