Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Dennis ** Please read Mod Note in OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Lincolnshire this morning
    NUgxCmt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Danno wrote: »
    Was glad to see Dennis' rear end overhead a while ago.Not something I would be saying before storms were named! Lots of flooding in South Tipp,ESB gone near Clonmel.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭chris2007

Wheres the wind gone its dead calm in Dublin 5

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Very nice in Galway for the past hour. Rain and wind gone and there is plenty of blue skies.
    I didn't think I would get outside much today but its nice to get the break.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

ARPEGE 12Z for tomorrow not showing the same strong winds penetrating inland as the 06Z

Strongest winds very much in coastal areas.

anim_era7.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Rain cleared a couple hours ago in Letterkenny, sunny spells and showers ever since. Wouldn't have even passed comment on today but for the usual media hype and nonsense

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Rain is back in west Galway. Lot of flooding around. Not very windy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭pad199207

Further rain here now in Kildare 30.4mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Spent an hour on Banna Beach . No sign of Dennis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Peaceful here the last while in west Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Went to Leinster match in RDS. North and South stands were closed, everyone allowed under cover. Brutal rain at times, and very windy brie the game but settled a bit. Players were sliding 6, 8 metres easy, and every footstep produced a splash. Glad we were under cover though, I've been in the North stand for many a game with less rain than today and it was miserable.

Today's Dennis seems over now, but its coming back toight and tomorrow???
    Is it the same depression or a new one?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Today's Dennis seems over now, but its coming back toight and tomorrow???
    Is it the same depression or a new one?

Same.

Dennis is not coming back, it is coming (closer). Today was just fronts associated with Dennis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Any chance of flights being cancelled from Shannon in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Any chance of flights being cancelled from Shannon in the morning?

Nope,will get out on runway 24 no probs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭ALS

Was on Ryanair flight Rome - Dublin flight earlier on , diverted to Shannon after pilot aborted first attempt, plane was getting some battering all the same ... really happy to get down in the end ....
    blobbyblob wrote: »
    Dublin airport closed? Looks like every plane in the sky is circling or diverting?

(Edit: they're all lined up for landing now)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Lashing rain in cork city now. Some gusts starting to appear again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Lashing rain in cork city now. Some gusts starting to appear again

Ya it has really picked up here West of the city. Serious amount of rain falling too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

ALS wrote: »
    Was on Ryanair flight Rome - Dublin flight earlier on , diverted to Shannon after pilot aborted first attempt, plane was getting some battering all the same ... really happy to get down in the end ....

Did you get bussed to Dublin then?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Rotten night in cork city. It's a night for fire and a pint as it was last weekend but the problem is I'll be like a drowned rat by the time I'd get to the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭ALS

Yep , bus up to Dublin , back about 7pm ... long day !! But can’t complain ..
    eigrod wrote: »
    Did you get bussed to Dublin then?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ARated

Very strong gusts and heavy rain started again here in Castlegregory about 30 mins ago. The eveni g was beautiful, with a lovely sunset.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Ground is like a swamp here in Waterford. Was out feeding the critters and can see puddles in the grass, puddle on the road outside hasn't drained today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

hawkwing wrote: »
    Was glad to see Dennis' rear end overhead a while ago.Not something I would be saying before storms were named! Lots of flooding in South Tipp,ESB gone near Clonmel.

I live in South Tipp, very calm all afternoon and evening?

There was a little bit of lying rain around alright but I haven't heard of any electricity outage?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Dennis is a man of two rounds.

With these major storms mid Atlantic sweeping into our shore, would there be old things dislodged and washing ashore in the West? Or is it really only a surface thing.

Fishing too, might there be some strange creatures reachable from the shore?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Wind has just returned in Galway, welcome back Dinny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

With these major storms mid Atlantic sweeping into our shore, would there be old things dislodged and washing ashore in the West? Or is it really only a surface thing.

Fishing too, might there be some strange creatures reachable from the shore?

Ambergris, I could retire if I found a big lump of that.

Advertisement