Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Turns out Jon Hopkins is only playing once, he's is doing a 90 minute dj/av show and the dome thing isn't live. His chilled out album will be played on loop in the dome. it's more of of an art installation than a stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭RINO87

Isnt he to give a talk at some point too? Have the dome thing booked anyway, it should be interesting (for me anyway) to see what sort of sound setup they have for this.

Yeah I think so. Hopefully it won't be too long now until we see day schedules and timetables so we can see exactly what's happening on the weekend of the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I think for most festivals this doesn't happen until the week of. Maybe I'm wrong though as it's been so long !!

Not long to wait now though, 2 weeks this friday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Day tickets going on sale. Is there usually day tickets or a sign it's not selling out as well as planned for the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Ah nice one. Are they always released so late in the day? Was confused why they were calling them early bird with less than 3 weeks to go

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I wasn't sure if they always had Saturday day tickets, know most festivals do Sunday ones but not many seem to do Saturday.

Really looking forward to seeing Sinead O'Brien. It's mad stuff and I love it, has really grown on me the last while, love her diction (if that's the right word?!) and the band seem really tight, almost proggy, time signature changes a plenty, I think it'll be a cracking live show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭endainoz

Nice article featuring Avril Stanley and a couple of others in anticipation for the festival season. Heading up to sofft Nights on Sunday myself, really looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Wow you can get a weekend camping ticket for 125 on Toutless. Looking through the lineup again, that's a pretty good value weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Did they? I don't ever recall day tickets for B&S. I guess my memory is shot in places!

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ah loads there. Ye'll have a great weekend. Hope the sun shines for ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

I wish they had King Khan playing music rather than reading tarot cards! 🙄

He's another of those acts that i reckon would go down a storm at any festival. Great performer, fantastic music and all round good vibes.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

Gone very quiet in here!!

Has anyone been on site or seen the layout for this year yet? With it being scaled back so much I'm assuming the walk from car park to campsite will be pretty short, but who knows, they seemed to move it every year as far as I remember, some years it was close, others it was miles away. Would like to know if there's any point me strapping the wheelbarrow to the roof of the car or not!

On the music side of things, I forgot Lee Fields was playing, absolutely one for the list, if the weather is right, it could be the show of the weekend. Proper funk and soul show. He has a great stage presence and a tight band to back him up. He was the last gig we were at in Jan 2020 before the world went to pot, looking forw3ard to seeing him again.

I'd bring the wheelbarrow anyway. Why carry stuff when you don't need to. Plus, if you're standing in a queue it will defo be easier to have the barrow. If I remember correctly, last Body and Soul the queue to get in was pretty bad for camping.

In campervans myself so none of this walking/queuing nonsense, drive in, 10 minute setup then cans.

My current list - I'm going to assume some of these will clash though. So a few decisions will need to be made depending on how I'm feeling at the time.

• Jon Hopkins
    • King Kong Company
    • John Francis Flynn
    • Sofia Kourtesis
    • Yard Act
    • Godford
    • Sinead O'Brien
    • Lee Fields
    • Magdalena Bay
    • Optimo
    • Lisa O'Neill
    • Kelly Lee Owens

What's that website that created nice tidy timetables of festival lineups again?

Little vid of Jon Hopkins at AVA last weekend to get yous in the mood 🕺

I hear ya on the van, currently I'm in a battle with the tin worm on mine to have her back on the road for ATN, will be tight!! That said, we do enjoy the regular campsites, would always bring a small tent to put amongst mates who are not in the van site, as the craic can be better there in the "midday" time.

I like your list, similar to my own. I have Mogwai on mine, don't actually listen to them that often, but they are something else live. Absolutely immense. I doubt they will be, but here's hoping they will be in a dark tent.

• Advertisement

Mogwai are closing the Man Stage on Sunday. I'm the same as yourself on them, don't normally listen to them, but recently when going over the lineup I realized i absolutely wanna see them live. Auto Rock on a big sound system should be fantastic.

They were always a given so I never actually added them to my list - should be on there in fairness. Along with Roisin Murphy. She's amazing live (Saw here at ATN in 18) - Which is where my choices begin - Optimo/Murphy are clashing (assuming the stages close at the same time)

We're bringing an awning - and our group took a hit on numbers so this year everyone fits in the awning. Happy days. However usually we just thrown tents in campervan site when theres more. The staff usually dont usually give a shite even though its not allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Has anyone seen a site map circulating? From a look at the lineup, it looks like blithe the Reckless In Woods area and Absolut tent are both gone ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭navosa

Heading in a campervan for the first time this year, do they give you wristbands at the camper entrance?

I saw gas cylinders aren't allowed in vans either, is that a new thing?

Only a week out now!

The gas cylinders thing has been on the "no no" list for campervans for most festivals, haven't ever seen it enforced myself. If anything, its only been a quick head in the door to check for stowaways and that's it.

So a small bottle for use IN the van will probably be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭navosa

Cheers, I thought that might be the case. It's well tucked away in the gas locker so thought I'd check before rooting it out

Absoulut tent wasn't there in 2019 either, Wreckless In Love stage was there instead of the big field

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭DaSchmo

RE gas in caravan: Just pack it away with everything else and say you don't have it. Been to so many festivals with a caravan they have asked but never checked. Also obviously as much booze as you can fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Have the stage times come out yet? I can't see them but someone said a couple if pages ago they were out?

Too early to tell but early indications are for good weather

• Advertisement

Ha, checked the weather for Clonmellon yesterday and it had Saturday as sunny and 26 degrees!! Couldn't believe it so checked multiple sites, all the same...

Checked it today, it's just more of the same of what June has given us so far, a grand auld mixed bag!

Advertisement