Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Best Song of the 60s

Options
2»

Comments

Don’t go changing on my account. Was just a thought in my head. I’ve moved onto a measurement dilemma now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,381 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Got my list in after realising that some of the songs I wanted to nominate were actually released in the 70s.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Got my list in after realising that some of the songs I wanted to nominate were actually released in the 70s.

Hope you nominated Mustang Sally there

• Registered Users Posts: 30,381 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Hope you nominated Mustang Sally there

I was gonna but decided against it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Well a lot of songs are well known so a person doesn't have to listen to all the songs to make a choice, and as Necro said if i was to do it match by match it would take forever, particularly if I put a time limit on each match before voting counts, it would take forever to do one match at a time. I could put in a rule where no votes can be cast until the set of matches are up for five minutes. I presume people will have heard of some of the songs.

Given the speed of voting and the interest in the last couple of the decades you could probably go to more than 5 votes in the first round, maybe 10 and call it by majority after 20-30 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Given the speed of voting and the interest in the last couple of the decades you could probably go to more than 5 votes in the first round, maybe 10 and call it by majority after 20-30 mins

To be honest, it would never get to 10. Many of the early matches were struggling to get to 5 or 6. If there is a match that has a very obvious winner e.g. Bohemian Rhapsody, the votes pile in and it could win its match twice over, but if it's between two relatively unknown songs/ songs people don't like, some posters abstain and some of the matches limp along.

I have now got most of the nominations I think I'm going to get, I got 14 sets of nominations and along with my own it came to 124 songs. So I've chucked in a couple of extra songs to bring it up to 128. So I think I'll just run with a straight Round 1 rather than wait for more entries where I'll only end up with a couple of extra songs for qualifiers.

I intend to run some of the qualifiers tomorrow all going well. So there are 128 songs from 89 different acts so there's quite a wide spread!

Ahh, missed nominations :(
    I'll vote though

bubblypop wrote: »
    Ahh, missed nominations :(
    I'll vote though

If you still want to nominate some songs, I'll fit them in. I was tied up at work earlier so I didn't get started when I had planned.

Just realised some people may not know this competition has started. Currently in Round 1

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=112458716&posted=1#post112458716

• Advertisement
Advertisement