Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 26 Transfer Thread - Party's Over

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Another boring defensive move for me...Cathcart out for Boly probably.

Gambling on Mane being fit and Lundstram getting minutes. Already have 3 out for GW28 so don't fancy a Sheffield defensive double up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

8 point hit last week paid off leaving my team looking in decent shape again.

It's either Lord to Stephens or Dendonker to H.Barnes / Traore. Snoddy an outside bet too but the fixtures aren't great.

Just depends who I think will return better over the next GW or two as likely I'll make the other move in the coming weeks if I don't do it now.

Stephens has nice fixtures in the next 2 and I don't own McCarthy so seems like the logical choice. Gives me extra time to eye up Barnes / Traore too ahead of their respective nice runs.

Shifting from a 3-4-3 to a 3-5-2 likely for the forseeable as there's no real viable options under 6.0 up top, while there's a few tasty options in midfield for that price. So Greenwood as my perma-bench in my attacking 8

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Tosun to Martinelli is looking at me. Tosun punt was a disaster, Martinelli impressed whenever he's played, and has a nice fixture list (and might even get a DGW out of him)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Tosun to Martinelli is looking at me. Tosun punt was a disaster, Martinelli impressed whenever he's played, and has a nice fixture list (and might even get a DGW out of him)

Out of the frying pan ......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Stevens in for Lundstram done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Stevens in for Lundstram done.

Thinking of doing the same but will have to move tonight or I won't be able to afford it.

But....

Also looking at Cathcart to Stevens (or other SHU defenders)...would leave me with 10 starters for GW28 (also have Fleck and Aubameyang) which isn't ideal but the fixtures are so good and there's always the chance of a Lundstram haul (?????)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Mane for hendo. Impressed with his performance the last few weeks and a good point haul last week..
    Schmeichel soyuncu lundstram all in the squad, scraped maddison (was a replacement for mane)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Did Noble to Barnes last night. It was a toss up between him and Traore. The flag on Traore swung it for Barnes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

In a vacuum which do people think is better over the next 6-8? Firmino & Boly or VVD & DCL? For some reason I don't want to keep hold of Firmino but that looks the better option right?

jimmii wrote: »
    In a vacuum which do people think is better over the next 6-8? Firmino & Boly or VVD & DCL? For some reason I don't want to keep hold of Firmino but that looks the better option right?

easily

• Advertisement

Listening to FFS podcast has reinforced my thinking
    Bascially Agueros stats are much much better than Auba but we knew that by watching
    But the bit that got my interest more so was.......people who have WCed or are WCing this week will not get Aguero as his fixtures after this are not great and have a blank in 2 weeks
    So I have basically gone all in on city this week in the hope of making big gains and then hopping off and onto WC train within 2 weeks

km79 wrote: »
    easily

Not even sure why I'm questioning it lol! Could always follow it up later and move Firmino to Jiminez and open up a pool space that way.

Not even sure why I'm questioning it lol! Could always follow it up later and move Firmino to Jiminez and open up a pool space that way.

Firmino is my get out of jail Aguero option in the unlikely event that I do not WC by 28
    If I do I think I will double up mane and salah
    But I certainly wouldn't sell him if I was you before 28 anyway
    And most def not for DCL
    Boly will be in my team within a few weeks as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Absolutely no idea what to do with my team. Have 6.5m to spend and 1ft.

Current team
    Henderson Stek
    Lundy Soy Robertson Rico Kelly
    Maddison KdB Salah Traore Douglas.L
    Vardy Greenwood Ings

I would like Aguero, Firmino, Son in that order. But my defence is also a disaster. Want to hold the WC though.

Any advice?

Firmino is my get out of jail Aguero option in the unlikely event that I do not WC by 28
    If I do I think I will double up mane and salah
    But I certainly wouldn't sell him if I was you before 28 anyway
    And most def not for DCL
    Boly will be in my team within a few weeks as well

Would be selling dcl or firmino to bring in Ings definitely not buying dcl again any time soon! Its great we have this break but annoying for fpl with no chance of much team news!

Current team
    Henderson Stek
    Vardy Greenwood Ings

I would like Aguero, Firmino, Son in that order. But my defence is also a disaster. Want to hold the WC though.

Any advice?

I'd probably do Greenwood out and spend that money in the bank although tempting to at least plug one of the gaps at the back too. Boly looks good for the next while.

I'd probably do Greenwood out and spend that money in the bank although tempting to at least plug one of the gaps at the back too. Boly looks good for the next while.

Kun or Firmino is my dilemma. Think Kelly will be first on the defense chopping block, for Boly/Stephens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

easily

Disagree on the easily part.

I have opted for VVD & a player in the DCL bracket over Firmino & it has worked out in my favour.

It’s not an easy decision. VvD will be consistent, Firmino will have spikes in performance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Current team
    Henderson Stek
    Vardy Greenwood Ings

Any advice?

It’s not a bad team. I’d be doing Greenwood & Maddison to Aguero & then someone like Barnes or Redmond

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Disagree on the easily part.

I have opted for VVD & a player in the DCL bracket over Firmino & it has worked out in my favour.

It’s not an easy decision. VvD will be consistent, Firmino will have spikes in performance

Wolves defender and liverpool attacker
    vs
    second pool defender and everton attacker

Given the relative fixtures etc I think its an easy decision
    DCL just does not float my boat. Can not wait to sell him

The important aspect for me is he already owns Firmino
    I would not say easily if he didnt already own him
    but he does
    So it is a question for him of who does he sellout of firmino and DCL
    Thats an easy decision

• Advertisement

Chesty08 wrote: »
    It’s not a bad team. I’d be doing Greenwood & Maddison to Aguero & then someone like Barnes or Redmond

I'm overthinking the blanks in GW28 and when to play the Free Hit/WC. Sensible move is probably just get Aguero in. He could hit a big score vs West Ham.
    Have 8 starters at the moment (including Rico).

I'm overthinking the blanks in GW28 and when to play the Free Hit/WC. Sensible move is probably just get Aguero in. He could hit a big score vs West Ham.
    Have 8 starters at the moment (including Rico).

I have both those chips left and bought Aguero
    see my post a few up about the opportunity before you for this week......there is an element of risk (pep rotation) but the reward............I would be deeply upset if I missed out on his hat trick ;)

I have both those chips left and bought Aguero
    see my post a few up about the opportunity before you for this week......there is an element of risk (pep rotation) but the reward............I would be deeply upset if I missed out on his hat trick ;)

Ok you've convinced me :P
    The issue is raising the 1.1m now.

Maddison to a 6.4 mid, not much in that range. There's Perez/Barnes but don't fancy the Leicester triple-up anymore. Broke my heart that all three got me 4 points last week.

Redmond maybe. Ox is tempting but waste of a Pool spot. Trossard? Hmmmm.... He does like a home fixture.

Ok you've convinced me :P
    The issue is raising the 1.1m now.

Maddison to a 6.4 mid, not much in that range. There's Perez/Barnes but don't fancy the Leicester triple-up anymore. Broke my heart that all three got me 4 points last week.

Redmond maybe. Ox is tempting but waste of a Pool spot. Trossard? Hmmmm.... He does like a home fixture.

Didn't realise it was for a hit ................ :D

Didn't realise it was for a hit ................ :D

Back to the drawing board :(

Have 6.5m so unless I take Vardy out and hold Greenwood

Back to the drawing board :(

Have 6.5m so unless I take Vardy out and hold Greenwood

Looking at your team I have to be honest (similar defence to mine too) you are in wildcard territory
    Greenwood along with all those defenders and Douglas luiz is unsustainable
    If you are only making one transfer you probably should just upgrade either greenwood or luiz this week and then WC as soon as deadline passes

Getting ageuro would be more fun and potentially a lot more reward even with the minus 4 though
    Downgrading Maddison to someone with a better fixture this week would then allow you to have that player , ageuro and Vardy play this week
    And you would captain aguero

So assuming he starts I would still Risk it as the alternatives are meh

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

I think people are jumping the gun on Lundstram. The managers comments after the last match certainly indicated he could be back in the starting 11 next GW

ShimSlady wrote: »
    I think people are jumping the gun on Lundstram. The managers comments after the last match certainly indicated he could be back in the starting 11 next GW

Would you have a link to those comments ?

ShimSlady wrote: »

Agreed and I will keep him for this week and maybe next
    But
    His place is now under threat without a shadow of a doubt at a time when they have excellent fixtures and at a time when we will need our bench AND there are alternative options at same price in his team
    So he will go for me on WC most likely

• Advertisement

Looking at your team I have to be honest (similar defence to mine too) you are in wildcard territory
    Greenwood along with all those defenders and Douglas luiz is unsustainable
    If you are only making one transfer you probably should just upgrade either greenwood or luiz this week and then WC as soon as deadline passes

Getting ageuro would be more fun and potentially a lot more reward even with the minus 4 though
    Downgrading Maddison to someone with a better fixture this week would then allow you to have that player , ageuro and Vardy play this week
    And you would captain aguero

So assuming he starts I would still Risk it as the alternatives are meh

Mmmm I know the defence is now a shambles. But I'd rather wait and see if Lundy is back in the team, I know Kelly's starting days are likely over. Rico is a frustrating player to own. Soyuncu points have dried up.

I always try and hold the WC to build towards double GWs and blanks. Still unsure if that's the right tactic or just go for a better team now with players that regularly start.

It's either Douglas to Son, or Greenwood/Maddison to Kun/Redmond or Trossard.

And reassess for GW27.

Advertisement