Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deal breakers and turn-off's in dating!

Options
1363738394042»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

Feisar wrote: »
    Did I not already say somewhere in this thread,

No sky to high
    No sea to rough
    No muff to tough!

Ah ok so it was like a rodeo,heh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

Some one who eats their food with their mouth open. I personally can't handle it with anyone. Be it a date, family or friends

My brother does this. Drives me up the wall. Told him a few times, but he still does it. Absolutely crazy carry on. I suspect people who do this need air to successfully chew their food; you know like an oven or a cement mixer. Gross. Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Floppybits wrote: »
    Why would anyone be putting up pics of themselves with their friends or siblings? I wonder how their friends feel about there pic appearing a dating website. To me any pic being used on a dating site should just be of the person and not include their friends, their family, their puppy or pics of themselves with dog or bunny ears. :)

I actually agree with this TBH but I guess if they insist on having people in their pics it should at least be adults.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Feisar wrote: »
    Did I not already say somewhere in this thread,

No sky to high
    No sea to rough
    No muff to tough!

Some form of water sports and candle wax on the vagina?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ladybird18

Game players.
    Wasting my time so bye. 👋

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Ladybird18 wrote: »
    Game players.
    Wasting my time so bye. 👋

Is that computer gamers?

Personally I hate ignorance to what's around us. Racism and dirty finger nails.
    Not necessarily in that order.

Rufeo wrote: »
    My brother does this. Drives me up the wall. Told him a few times, but he still does it. Absolutely crazy carry on. I suspect people who do this need air to successfully chew their food; you know like an oven or a cement mixer. Gross. Haha.

Yeah..people I work with do this too..I'd be nearby just cracking up..feel like saying to them 'did your mother not teach you to close your mouth when you're eating..'

Slurping tea too..jesus..I'm getting annoyed just typing it..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Yeah..people I work with do this too..I'd be nearby just cracking up..feel like saying to them 'did your mother not teach you to close your mouth when you're eating..'

Slurping tea too..jesus..I'm getting annoyed just typing it..

That’s basic manners! Though, I cannot see how they need to chew with their mouth open! Do they think that they’ll suffocate???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Girls who can't change a dhrum of gas and don't have some redeeming skill to make up for it like tractor driving, pulling a good pint of Beamish, chainsawing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭combat14

in no particular order:

fat, dog or cat freaks, smokes, cant drive or hold down a job, poor personal hygiene, self-obsessed, controlling or critical, drink/drug problems, no ambition or plan to save/invest i.e. spends all their money on absolute non-essentials while not contributing anything whatsoever to relationship, poor kissers and selfish lovers, overly religious or anti-religious, work-aholics, women with baby rabies or who constantly bad mouth their exs or stop them seeing their children, regular fish eaters, vegetarians or vegans, people who watch tv all day and not open to holidays or adventures plus conspiracy theorists, overly opinionated, anti-vaxers, "make me laugh"ers, happy wife happy lifers

this is a great exercise starting to narrow the few billion options down 🤣

Post edited by combat14 on

• Advertisement

Seen one recently where a woman had the following o her profile. "Make me laff!" I assume she means to laugh. So both would be huge turnoffs. Someone wanting to be entertained and not capable of spelling a simple verb.

That's all standard stuff to be fair! You're not asking for much!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭sporina

low self esteem.. for me, men who try to give the impression that they are better than they are.. in what ever regard.. money, status, cars, jobs, intelligence, etc..

to me.. nothing is more attractive than someone who is happy in their own skin.. can call a spade a spade.. quietly confident but not arrogant

• Registered Users Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Conspiracy theorists. People who boast about scamming social welfare. People whose cars are full of rubbish. People who are too clingy and needy. People who don’t think for themselves. People who tuck in their shirt/tee-shirt. People who don’t speak properly and over abbreviate in text ‘u’, ‘dem’

• Registered Users Posts: 10,368 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

I remember going on a date with a guy from a rough estate. I didn't know this at the time after meeting him on a dating site. I tried to be non judgemental and give him the benefit of the doubt but on our first date he pissed in the bushes, spat on the street and was cautious.. afraid his 'ex' would see him on a date cause apparently he's rougher than she is and would beat my face in. Because I didn't want to be judgemental or because I'm crazy, I gave it way more time than I should have. When I eventually told him I wasn't interested, he told me that was grand and then he did it doggy style with an ex outside a supermarket with no protection😳🤢🤮 Obviously went straight to the sex clinic to get tested.

Another guy told me that he was into drugs and told me about his ex how she just had an abortion (their child) and other personal intense stuff that usually isn't synonymous to first date conversation.

A guy I met in a nightclub seemed thankfully normal, only after the drink wore off he asked me to dress into sexy underwear and have sex with another guy while he watched 🙈

So yeah the joys of dating

Advertisement