Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can women have any truly platonic male friends?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

The point was made about being good friends, not just friends. You even acknowledge the reason why it would not work;

"I mean yeah, with the sexes being wired differently, I can concede that platonic friendship not leading to something may be less appealing to men in general".
    This doesn't contradict my view though - that you and others saying it's not possible (and that is what you said) for a man to have a truly platonic friendship with a woman are not correct. There are of course men who have female friends whom they don't fancy in the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭UI_Paddy

I have a far number of female friends where there is no physical attraction on either side though. I think it becomes easier as you get older, and understand that sex isn't terribly important, whereas finding people you can trust is important.

I can relate to this. I've had many friendships with people over the years (male and female) that have fizzled out. It was unfortunate at the time but it taught me to value my friends who have been loyal a whole lot more, and even though we don't meet as often as we'd like we always have a great time when we do catch up.

I'm not single, but even if I was I would never jeopardize the friendships I've developed with any of my female friends regardless of how attractive they may or may not be. What good would that physical intimacy be when you've compromised friendships you were happy with and may always have.

Advertisement