Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dizg

I've some notes I've been given on all subjects that I'd happily pass on. If anyone else is in a position to do the same I'd be very grateful!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rumpole19

I'm planning on sitting my first four FE1s in March: EU, Contract, Equity and Property.

As yet i haven't gotten any notes or signed up for any courses. I see a huge range of materials offered on adverts/donedeal etc but what are the resources that people would recommend as essential? Past papers obviously, and examiners commentaries, but after that? Out of the schools, whose course books are most highly regarded? Are notes generated by those who have successfully sat the exams an alternative to using the books at all?

Mod
    Pls do not discuss the various courses, publications, tutors etc here.
    Like all boards.ie fora this forum is not moderated full time 7/24. There is the risk of unmoderated comments to which tutors, examiners might take exception.
    That said all the best to those preparing for these examinations

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Coleman101

Anyone have an idea as to when results are out?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

Coleman101 wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea as to when results are out?

I reckon 22nd or 29th, would be surprise if they had them out before then

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ciarocxcc

hopefully 22nd for results , six weeks from the last one usually isnt it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

ciarocxcc wrote: »
    hopefully 22nd for results , six weeks from the last one usually isnt it?

We'll know by next Friday cause they email out a week in advance usually to confirm

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭CMUL

i emailed them and was told provisional date is the 29th Nov

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rumpole19

Does the cost of the FE1 courses in Griffith College include copies of the manuals and other materials, or does one pay for those separately?

Mod
    Pls do not discuss details of the courses etc provided by the various colleges here

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭neon123

How folks, when describing pieces off legislation for example in criminal law is it necessary to describe full sections of the legislation during the exam verbatum? How to do other people handle the legislation while revising/during the exam? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bassadd

Does anyone know how to get a password to check results? I wanted to make sure I could log into the portal prior to the results being released.

I only have my candidate number and when I try request a password it says my details arent recognised. Is this simply because the results havent been released yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Law1997

Bassadd wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to get a password to check results? I wanted to make sure I could log into the portal prior to the results being released.

I only have my candidate number and when I try request a password it says my details arent recognised. Is this simply because the results havent been released yet?

This happened to me too so I emailed them at the email they provided. All sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭HappyKitten62

Does anyone have up to date grids for the following: constitutional, tort, property & contract. Can swap for other subjects! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Louis Litt

Can anyone say what came up on the Most recent Oct 19 Tort paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ahhhhhFE1s

Louis Litt wrote: »
    Can anyone say what came up on the Most recent Oct 19 Tort paper?

Got the below from earlier in the thread..
    October 2019
    Q1 Occupiers
    Q2 Standard of Care
    Q3 Nuisance/Trespass to Land
    Q4 Products...Possibly Employers?
    Q5 Defamation
    Q6 Fatal Injuries
    Q7 Wasn't sure about this one. I think it's DOC of Good Samaritans or Trespass to Person
    Q8 Objectives of Tort

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

Hi !
    Any word on the date yet ? Has anyone called the Law Society or has anyone been advised through email of provisional date?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JCreaghy

Hi !
    Any word on the date yet ? Has anyone called the Law Society or has anyone been advised through email of provisional date?

I believe we get an email the Friday before they're released. Since nothing was sent today, I'm assuming we'll get an email on the 22nd to say results will be out the 29th. Someone a while back said they got in touch with the Law Society and were told around the 29th but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Freckley201

Hi !

The one week notice email doesn't usually come through till between 3pm-4pm

Hi All,
    Would anybody have the October 19 Constitution exam paper or even what topics came up please :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ahhhhhFE1s

Hi All,
    Would anybody have the October 19 Constitution exam paper or even what topics came up please :-)

Oct 2019
    Q1. Problem re sop prins and policy
    Q2 problem mix property, fair procedure, mins acting out their powers?
    Q3 essay article 45 – social policy
    Q4 case note
    Q5 essay equality
    Q6 essay unconstitutional power to defer
    Q7 influence of religion
    Q8 freedom of exp

Thanks, very much appreciated 😠looks like a tough paper !

• Advertisement

Anyone else absolutely bricking it for next Friday?!?!?!?

Yip, its going to be a long wait ....
    Just wondering did anyone sit Company ? How did you find the paper? Was it tough or fair??

Yip, its going to be a long wait ....
    Just wondering did anyone sit Company ? How did you find the paper? Was it tough or fair??

I thought it was fair. I honestly can’t even remember fully what I wrote!

Are people just chilling this week and not thinking about study, or has anyone gotten a head start even though we don’t have results?!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭channing90

Is it the friday the 29th the results are out yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JCreaghy

channing90 wrote: »
    Is it the friday the 29th the results are out yeah?

I believe we'll get an email this Friday to say they're out the following Friday (the 29th).

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Amanda226

Hi guys would anyone happen to have any tort equity or company’s notes or manuals they would be willing to send on? I can swap for other subjects :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 DRMC

Hi,

Did you get any more information on this? I am quite worried about having to remember whole sections of legislation.

Thank you,

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bassadd

Got the email to confirm that the results are out 10am on Friday 29th, its officially squeaky bum time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 aecc

Emails are in guys - results out next Friday (29th) @ 10am!

Best of luck all!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement