Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeling so upset

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭afterglow

Sleepy wrote: »
    OP - a healthy sex life doesn't just have to be PIV.

In the long-term, you definitely need to sort out your issues with intercourse whether they be physical or psychological but in the short to medium term could you try focusing on other forms of sex with your other half? Oral, anal, tantric massage etc.?

I think I remember my therapist saying something similar
    sex counts as many different things to different people, and ok, OP, because you and your bf are a hetro couple, intercourse is normally PIV, as the other poster said, but it doesn't have to be. Aural, manual, there is more than one way to chop an onion.... in the longterm as said, sorting it would be good, but in the shortterm other stuff may be possible, but I can understand now, sex is associated with such trauma now, it makes any form of ' sex ' difficult....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭tara73

I think you really need to let go of this partner. He doesn't seem to be good for you. I'm not saying he's a completely bad person but from your posts he doesn't seem to be the most considerate or sensitive guy and I think, as you seem sensitive yourself, you need somebody more sensitive too.

I think this is the main thing, you are a sensitive person, that's all. I don't believe there's anything medically wrong with you or you are not made for sex or anything. I just think you are, I'm repeating myself, very sensitive and for people like this everythings a bit harder (no pun intended:)) generally.
    Your dramatic view on things, how you see yourself and your future, shows this too. Please don't give up on yourself, I guess you are quiete young, it's just a case of finding the right person from my point of view.

Your body is cramping up with this guy because your subconcious mind is telling you what your conscious mind doesn't want to acknowledge: you don't really want him, he's not the right one for you.

Don't go that desperate as you are right now, you will find mr. right, it's just a matter of time, patience and believing in it:)

Advertisement