Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 worth getting in 2020

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,526 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is there a legal way to play ps2 games on a ps3 slim?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,867 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well you can buy PS2 games from the store. There's a good selection there although I'd advise buying from the US store if you aren't sure they support a 60 Hz mode and you can't use your old PS2 discs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭GhostofKNugget

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well you can buy PS2 games from the store. There's a good selection there although I'd advise buying from the US store if you aren't sure they support a 60 Hz mode and you can't use your old PS2 discs.

PS2 games on the store can only be played on the PS4. You can buy PS1 games on the store for the PS3 - or you could - and you can play PS1 discs in the PS3.

I have Max Payne 2 on disc, can't get it on the store :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,867 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I have Max Payne 2 on disc, can't get it on the store :(

PS2 version is gash anyway.

• Advertisement

PS2 version is gash anyway.

It's the only version i know and i love it. Would love to play through it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,323 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

maybe just gurn into a mirror and throw yourself sideways a lot until you need to pop some Solpadeine?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr.Cool2015

A PlayStation 3 is still worth is as it can be "modified" so you can get hours of use out of it.

Exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr.Cool2015

Zero-Cool wrote:
    Is there a legal way to play ps2 games on a ps3 slim?

I'm afraid the answer is no

Advertisement