Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election TV debates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Who is Paul Quinn? He died in 2007 and in NI? Why is this being brought up now?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Venom wrote: »
    Mary Lou going for the "on mature recollection" defence!

The Brian Lenihan Sr moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Imagine a party that openly defames murdered people. Imagine if leo or Micheal had to face those questions?

Different rules for SF. We have to 'move on'

• Registered Users Posts: 81,823 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Come January the farmers will want a hard border as we will be flooded with cheapo imports of meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Jesus, that was tough to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Here's Leo with the hands back..

sfPK9Jq.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 30,366 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Mary Lou after that question!
    712c26c16cc5fb322a023a763ad96ff80523b098460f50dee386a6ca368557e6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68,126 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Why is SF the only party being asked about murder victims? Ummmm, maybe that says something lol

Because the few remaining active service members of OSF that ended up in Labour and the Workers Party have nearly all retired :pac:

Came up a bit with Democratic Left in the 90s but it was generally about stuff 20+ years ago then which seems to be the cutoff for SF being asked about things now too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Notice how the other 2 are totally silent while Mary Lou tanks SF's election chances

When someone is digging their own grave....Oh wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,281 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

IRA killed him.

SF have IRA members in their party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

L1011 wrote: »
    She knew this would come up. She fought and fought to get on the debate.

She could have prepared better - same as with the SCC issue.

Both questions not answered, yet people will still give them their vote.... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭wetlandsboy

I’m behind the couch - morto for MLM!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Mary Lou caught out big time regarding the murder of a 21 year old. Not a great look.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Even though that just happened with Mary Lou, I don’t think it’s going to have any major impact...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The IRA were involved allegedly. And I’m not sure who the person who MOC was quoting about saying one thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Live by the sword die by the sword, no sympathy.

Who are you referring to here?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,281 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

How did a posh little woman from Dublin 6 become involved in Sinn Fein anyway?

She was in FF at one point iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Boomers can't get over the IRA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

when you are explaining you are losing.

Gamechanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

I don't think that will damage MLM as much as it probably should.

People voting SF on Saturday likely just want a change from FF / FG and either don't know or don't care about the dodgy SF stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Because he was murdered by the IRA and Sinn Fein covered it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Died is being kind. It was an absolutely vicious murder. Poor lad didn't have an unbroken bone left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭piplip87

So if we.cant bring up Paul Quinn because it's.in the past and SF have changed.

Can the same not be said about the Crash or is there limit on how far you can go back before it can't be brought up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,126 ✭✭✭✭L1011

She was in FF at one point iirc.

And left in a huff over not getting selected, I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Remind me wrote: »
    Absolute cracker there from Miriam

Ah lads, got bored and went to bed. What question hoisted Mary Lou?

Mary Lou after that question!
    712c26c16cc5fb322a023a763ad96ff80523b098460f50dee386a6ca368557e6.jpg

...in my posh little family home in Dublin 6 where I never had to worry about such things because I grew up in a cosseted and privileged existence

same with free travel - ridiculous. heavily subsidised certainly but free? utter stupidity.

I had an argument with my 71 year old mother about that. One Monday morning in December i stood from Galway to Athlone because the train was full of aul wans going to Dublin for the day on the free pass to do shopping.

My argument was the pass shouldn't be eligible during commuting hours.

She said "but what if i have a hospital appointment at 9 am one morning".

I said what if I, as a worker, have a hospital appointment but its pushed to 1pm because yours is at 9am. So the worker has to take the day off while the retired person is taking up space during the rush hour stampede.

The whole system is backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

He was murdered by those who support SF because he got the better of a leading SF mans son in a row, that's who Paul Quinn was.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,823 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Someone needs to call out this global warming racket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Varadkar isn't that good but he is being made look extremely competent here.

This is embarrassing to watch, I don't want any of these people in power.

Advertisement