Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currently buying/selling a house? How is it going? READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Emma2019

FrankN1 wrote: »
    Can I do this even if they haven't signed contracts to get my survey, validation and legal costs back? I presume rented paid waiting for them wouldn't be possible?

If they haven't signed and returned you have no recourse.

Your solicitor probably wont charge you if you say you'll use them for your next purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LockedBoy

How is there no laws for this. Sale agreed should mean the seller or buyer covers the costs to either side should they pull out after this time. It's absolutely outrageous.

Totally agree - we were also burned by this exact situation. The whole process is so messed up. Going sale agreed should mean something and there should be penalties on either side if you decide to pull out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,394 ✭✭✭✭kippy

LockedBoy wrote: »
    Totally agree - we were also burned by this exact situation. The whole process is so messed up. Going sale agreed should mean something and there should be penalties on either side if you decide to pull out.

The answer to a lot of this is an "independent" public surveyor report required on every property prior to going to market, as well as a full legal pack (contracts, drawings, land registry, and letters of conformance if required) being available to any and all potential purchasers.
    Will never happen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

LockedBoy wrote: »

I was sale agreed on a property but pulled out when I realised the estate agent told loads of lies about the property. I think it's important to be able to pull out in situations like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭p to the e

Gru wrote: »
    We went with FBD and the Mullingar office was exceptional with this, the mortgage bank were being very finicky wanting certain details changed (even down to removing a full stop after their name)

so if your insurer is being difficult at the first (and easiest) hurdle, go somewhere that will help you as it may be a bit more finicky than you'd expect and you may need them to help you again.

With us we had the house insurance in place with FBD, to start on a certain date and that was sufficient for both them and the bank (once we had the full stops removed :pac: )

I ended up looking up FBD and getting a much cheaper quote and they were very helpful. Can I ask did you get a letter of indemnity from them? That's what I'm waiting on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭klose

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    you think thats bad , im dealing with a vendor who signed contracts but still pulled out :eek:

Our solicitor advised us last year if this situation arise you are in a position to sue, I'd be looking into it.

Terraced house in Finglas last week went on sale for 310k. Quickly changed to 320k. Current bid of 354k with at least 2 cash/investors involved.

Very close to a situation where a whole generation will be locked out of the chance to buy. If a 3 bed terrace in Finglas/Ballyfermot/Coolock/Tallaght is hitting 360/375k then there’s not much more you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

How is there no laws for this. Sale agreed should mean the seller or buyer covers the costs to either side should they pull out after this time. It's absolutely outrageous.

There are laws but it's myself who has to engage in litigation to resolve

Terraced house in Finglas last week went on sale for 310k. Quickly changed to 320k. Current bid of 354k with at least 2 cash/investors involved.

Very close to a situation where a whole generation will be locked out of the chance to buy. If a 3 bed terrace in Finglas/Ballyfermot/Coolock/Tallaght is hitting 360/375k then there’s not much more you can do.

Near Finglas village I presume ?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Emma2019

There are laws but it's myself who has to engage in litigation to resolve

That's always the case with any non- criminal litigation though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

my sister and her husband bidding on a house in Kilmainham D8 , asking price 495 k , current bid 625 k

If its this house then this is crazy pricing. Max €500-550k.
    https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/terraced-house-9-granite-terrace-inchicore-dublin-8/2519501

Near Finglas village I presume ?

Yep. And this time last year similar mid terraces barely reaching 250-275.

James 007 wrote: »
    If its this house then this is crazy pricing. Max €500-550k.
    https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/terraced-house-9-granite-terrace-inchicore-dublin-8/2519501

not that house

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

I am selling my house, it was due to close 2 weeks ago but buyer waited until the day it was to close to say there was an issue, after us moving out and putting everything on lock up, still no news on when it will go ahead and what issue is, we are out of our home and afraid we will lose our dream house we are sale agreed on.

Basically im wondering I am in my rights to claim expenses for moving everything out and paying rent elsewhere when he could of been told before hand that the closing day wasnt happening.

Same thing happened to us, in the end pur buyer was 12 days overdue to close. We had emptied our place and put everything in storage, 2 weeks after our son was born by C section. We really could have done with that extra time in the house. We didn't dare threaten to claim for anything for fear we would lose the buyers and lose out on our new home. All worked out in the end but I'll never forget the stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Seaniethomas

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Same thing happened to us, in the end pur buyer was 12 days overdue to close. We had emptied our place and put everything in storage, 2 weeks after our son was born by C section. We really could have done with that extra time in the house. We didn't dare threaten to claim for anything for fear we would lose the buyers and lose out on our new home. All worked out in the end but I'll never forget the stress.

Yeah the stress is horrible, kids all sharing a bed in the in laws, my wife had to go to GP for medication as we are now in limbo, a simple email to say there is an issue could of nade a massive difference. Just hope it gets sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Yeah the stress is horrible, kids all sharing a bed in the in laws, my wife had to go to GP for medication as we are now in limbo, a simple email to say there is an issue could of nade a massive difference. Just hope it gets sorted soon.

Its awful isnt it, you're at their mercy and it's hard to have the uncertainty for the kids and the in laws too. I hope it'll all be sorted for you quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

I'm currently highest bidder on a house... Haven't heard from the other bidder since Monday. The tension is so bizarre. How long does this silence usually last before the seller makes a decision??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭pooch90

Shiny wrote: »

Crazy house prices just shared this one, bought in 07 for €245k!

Yes ,my mistake earlier about asking price

• Advertisement

The asking price has increased on that, it was listed at 495k originally

bubblypop wrote: »
    The asking price has increased on that, it was listed at 495k originally

Must be on market a good while so ?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Klaudia.

pooch90 wrote: »

But they did a significant renovation on that house and they brought it to BER A3. That costs loads of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Flibble wrote: »
    I'm currently highest bidder on a house... Haven't heard from the other bidder since Monday. The tension is so bizarre. How long does this silence usually last before the seller makes a decision??

In exactly the same position - contacted the Estate Agent yesterday for an update and got no response :( . In my heart I know we won't get the house (from bitter experience!) but I just want the plaster ripped off now....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

You were right about the original asking price, it was increased by 100K on daft yesterday. We had it on our watchlist and then got an alert about the increase and :eek:. We live in Inchicore and walk past it every day, you would have absolutely no idea what lies on the other side of that door from the outside. Its very impressive.

That railway house that was posted earlier by a poster was previously 450 and upped to 495 in the last few months. We also had been watching it but the fact that you have to have a stove going in every room (BER Exempt) to keep it warm was a red flag for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭LeakyLime

Sale agreed 4 months ago and seller decided to pull out today. Absolutely ridiculous that they can get away without paying costs incurred and fk people over for months on end. Furious.

Sale agreed now a good few weeks and this is the fear.

Until the contracts are signed, I'm on tenterhooks.

We could easily be gazumped and in the current market it must be happening more often.

You were right about the original asking price, it was increased by 100K on daft yesterday. We had it on our watchlist and then got an alert about the increase and :eek:. We live in Inchicore and walk past it every day, you would have absolutely no idea what lies on the other side of that door from the outside. Its very impressive.

That railway house that was posted earlier by a poster was previously 450 and upped to 495 in the last few months. We also had been watching it but the fact that you have to have a stove going in every room (BER Exempt) to keep it warm was a red flag for me.

My sister and her husband currently rent in D4 , they tried buying in the South circular road area for a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Gru

p to the e wrote: »
    I ended up looking up FBD and getting a much cheaper quote and they were very helpful. Can I ask did you get a letter of indemnity from them? That's what I'm waiting on.

yes, thats what i had to get onto the Mullingar office about, we needed the letter of indemnity and that letter had the full stops the bank wanted removed, FBD sorted it all in two days....(i accidentally rang there instead of the call centre to my luck the office were much better to deal with) we are in Cork too (which has an office but they couldn't help us hence my call to mullingar)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

pooch90 wrote: »

Anyone who follows that page is a fool.

You don't need an insta page to see crazy prices, just go to daft.

He's looking for donations for reposting screenshots people send in to him, proper chancer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Anyone who follows that page is a fool.

You don't need an insta page to see crazy prices, just go to daft.

He's looking for donations for reposting screenshots people send in to him, proper chancer

He is alright, he's gotten good exposure lately for his 'opinion' on house prices. When all he is a peed off house hunter.

Advertisement