Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currently buying/selling a house? How is it going? READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Smiley11 wrote: »
    I'm a buyer & checking the websites every 1 to 2 hours a day because the supply is so bad & I'm getting increasingly anxious.

Houses aren't going to sell in a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Houses aren't going to sell in a few hours.

Weird post, they obviously mean they're checking for new properties to pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Smiley11

givyjoe wrote: »
    Weird post, they obviously mean they're checking for new properties to pop up.

Absolutely. Check both sites multiple times a day in the hope something suitable will come on. Its been a disappointing month, compounded by lockdown. 3/4 properties in the whole city so far this week...grim :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Thomasirl123

Any idea if with the extended level 5 will viewing of property continue to be banned until March?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sweetaure

Any idea if with the extended level 5 will viewing of property continue to be banned until March?

According to an EA I contacted today, no viewings will take place until the start of March.

We’re waiting for the engineer to come and do their report before we can exchange contracts in our current house, so we’re not overly worried, but it would be good to progress...

Good luck with your search!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭sm3ar

Is there no viewings happening at all under the radar? E.g. are some agents willing to turn a blind eye

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

sm3ar wrote: »
    Is there no viewings happening at all under the radar? E.g. are some agents willing to turn a blind eye

Probably but I would imagine most of them wouldn’t think its worth the risk, I assume they would get in trouble like any other business that is supposed to be closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Are viewings still prohibited until March 5th?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

If folks can't view properties to buy or let, it will hold up sales that are already agreed and at an advanced stage I.e. vendors won't be able to move out or agree a completion date if they are not allowed view rentals etc. This is disappointing..

Up until 2 weeks ago they were still allowed to show houses if they were vacant, maybe that will go back to being the case in February?

• Advertisement

cojomo2 wrote: »
    If folks can't view properties to buy or let, it will hold up sales that are already agreed and at an advanced stage I.e. vendors won't be able to move out or agree a completion date if they are not allowed view rentals etc. This is disappointing..

Viewings are not allowed in level 5, unless you are sale agreed on a property.

bubblypop wrote: »

Do people actually go sale agreed without ever viewing a property?

Markitron wrote: »
    Do people actually go sale agreed without ever viewing a property?

They were sale agreed before level 5, I assume.

Viewing are allowed under level 5,its this new level 5+ that has banned them since Jan 13th.

Viewing are allowed under level 5,its this new level 5+ that has banned them since Jan 13th.

Yes I viewed a house on the 14th, which only went ahead as I had it booked before then. I was told that was the last viewing they were doing.

No, they were never allowed under level 5, but there's always plenty of estate agents willing to bend rules

No, they were never allowed under level 5, but there's always plenty of estate agents willing to bend rules

You're wrong

http://www.psr.ie/en/PSRA/Pages/WP20000008

• Registered Users Posts: 6 connemaraharpy

Smiley11 wrote: »
    Absolutely. Check both sites multiple times a day in the hope something suitable will come on. Its been a disappointing month, compounded by lockdown. 3/4 properties in the whole city so far this week...grim :eek:

You're absolutely right to keep checking. We only bid on 2 properties before going sale agreed on the second. The ads for each property were up on either one of the big websites, but not both. And one didn't even have a notification go out via email when it was posted. I only found it by causally checking the 'map view' for properties in my budget range. My advice is to set a limit to the checks though, don't lose hours waiting for properties to come up! If any do you'll be first in line to view because you're keeping an eye. Good luck!

They definitely were until 2 weeks ago, as long as the house was vacant.
    You're absolutely right to keep checking. We only bid on 2 properties before going sale agreed on the second. The ads for each property were up on either one of the big websites, but not both. And one didn't even have a notification go out via email when it was posted. I only found it by causally checking the 'map view' for properties in my budget range. My advice is to set a limit to the checks though, don't lose hours waiting for properties to come up! If any do you'll be first in line to view because you're keeping an eye. Good luck!

My notifications on Daft randomly stop working every now and then, can't be relied upon, I am even having trouble accessing my saved searches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Spoke to a few EA and all are showing on the QT. They open the door, let the people in and wait in the garden for a SD chat.

Thoroughly sensible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Spoke to a few EA and all are showing on the QT. They open the door, let the people in and wait in the garden for a SD chat.

Thoroughly sensible.

That's been the same for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Markitron wrote: »
    They definitely were until 2 weeks ago, as long as the house was vacant.

My notifications on Daft randomly stop working every now and then, can't be relied upon, I am even having trouble accessing my saved searches.

Out of interest, do people think either of the two main sites is better than the other? I've been basing all my searches on MyHome but perhaps I need to keep an eye on Daft too? It's easy to become obsessed with checking for new properties. Only a few have come up in my South Dublin catchment in the last few weeks and yet I'm still checking multiple times a day. You can really get yourself into knots over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 jr1942

Wasn't allowed a viewing recently, only video ones allowed.

Out of interest, do people think either of the two main sites is better than the other? I've been basing all my searches on MyHome but perhaps I need to keep an eye on Daft too? It's easy to become obsessed with checking for new properties. Only a few have come up in my South Dublin catchment in the last few weeks and yet I'm still checking multiple times a day. You can really get yourself into knots over it.

I asked this a while back too, it seems there won't be many that will be on one and not the other but you should probably set up alerts for both just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Smiley11

You certainly can! I'm trying to cut back :) I look on both simply because I find Daft has more listings for our city for some reason..I think ads on MyHome are more expensive if memory serves me correctly from our last sale. I started this year being hopeful that we'd find a house this year but I suppose losing the first 2 months of the year essentially has put a dampener on that! Its frustrating as we hit 14 months looking so I'm hoping that on one of these searches that my eyes light up because its been a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭goingagain

We’re delayed AGAIN . I got a lovely list of info from the bank that they need before draw down, information that I sent in 2 weeks ago 🀦ðŸ»*♀️

in your own link - level 5 - viewings online only.

edit sorry, i see thats auction only!
    my bad

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Xoo2

goingagain wrote: »
    We’re delayed AGAIN . I got a lovely list of info from the bank that they need before draw down, information that I sent in 2 weeks ago ��ðŸ»*♀️

Fairly standard, what was it like latest payslips, bank statements, p21, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭goingagain

Xoo2 wrote: »
    Fairly standard, what was it like latest payslips, bank statements, p21, etc?

Yes all standard stuff that I already sent 2 weeks ago and got confirmation of receipt and all was in order.

It’s painful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 connemaraharpy

Depends on the city/ region I suppose. I set up notifications for both websites. It costs nothing but time to set it up [if you're buying], so just do it. The house we're buying was only posted on My Home. Up till then Daft was giving us better results... Fyi, was looking solely in Dublin.

Advertisement