Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currently buying/selling a house? How is it going? READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Milena009

Hi all,
    So my personal SOL shows underpayment of 0.01€
    I tried applying for HTB however I got issue error *we have issues processing your request at the moment"
    Any ideas if I need to solve underpayment before Htb?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Milena009 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    So my personal SOL shows underpayment of 0.01€
    I tried applying for HTB however I got issue error *we have issues processing your request at the moment"
    Any ideas if I need to solve underpayment before Htb?

I have similar but it does say “will not be collected at this time”, I reckon the error is just the load on the system. Going to try again tomorrow :)

Pete123456 wrote: »
    I have similar but it does say “will not be collected at this time”, I reckon the error is just the load on the system. Going to try again tomorrow :)

Ah revenue and their games ☺️😂

I'm still waiting for my broker to get back on AIP
    (KBC and permanent tsb) However I'm so impatient 😅

I see most of new builds near dublin are on hold but still

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sweetaure

Anyone buying in Cork city?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Eds

We're looking good to close this week. Can anyone tell me when the bank will do final checks on the file? Just want to be prepared for any last minute requests. We've gone through a broker so it may be that there won't be any at this stage. We've just had no queries from them whatsoever and from what I've heard that is unusual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

Eds wrote: »
    We're looking good to close this week. Can anyone tell me when the bank will do final checks on the file? Just want to be prepared for any last minute requests. We've gone through a broker so it may be that there won't be any at this stage. We've just had no queries from them whatsoever and from what I've heard that is unusual.

For us they asked for extra payslip as the ones we first sent were older that 3 months. I did that about a week before drawdown

For us they asked for extra payslip as the ones we first sent were older that 3 months. I did that about a week before drawdown

Thanks they looked for a number of things to be sent, including recent payslips five days before draw down, they were all sent. I'm more wondering about letters from work confirming we are not impacted by covid payments etc that I'm worried the wording won't be what they want. We weren't given a template and my work place has provided a very generic letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

At long, long, long last I am finally sale agreed on a house. A house that is really my dream house. I was out bid so many times over the past year on the few decent houses that came on the market in my price range. They went for between 20-50k over asking. I can’t believe that I’m finally sale agreed as it’s been such a hard year in so many other ways. I know it’s early days so fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭narodvale

Due to collect our keys on Friday.

An exciting day.

Second home we ever viewed, and the only home we ever bid on. Managed to get it at 15k below asking but it is a SERIOUS project. Built in 1964 with very little done since.

Doing the final check on Thursday. Beyond checking the obvious, and taking a meter reading is there anything else we should do?

Appreciate all the advice offered through this group, it’s been invaluable

Thanks they looked for a number of things to be sent, including recent payslips five days before draw down, they were all sent. I'm more wondering about letters from work confirming we are not impacted by covid payments etc that I'm worried the wording won't be what they want. We weren't given a template and my work place has provided a very generic letter.

None of that. My employer gave a letter regarding this in the beginning. Very generic too. Never asked for anything else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shreko

We just drew down our mortgage today and before drawdown we had to provide most recent payslip and a letter from both employers to say neither we nor the employer was receiving any Covid payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭klose

shreko wrote: »
    We just drew down our mortgage today and before drawdown we had to provide most recent payslip and a letter from both employers to say neither we nor the employer was receiving any Covid payment.

May I ask which bank is this with?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shreko

klose wrote: »
    May I ask which bank is this with?

PTSB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

narodvale wrote: »
    Due to collect our keys on Friday.

Doing the final check on Thursday. Beyond checking the obvious, and taking a meter reading is there anything else we should do?

Check the attic...and get yourselves a nice bottle of bubbly to celebrate! Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭klose

shreko wrote: »
    PTSB

Ah cheers, anyone have any recent experiences with drawing down with AIB? Coming up shortly for us (we hope)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

When selling whats the deal with furniture and everything? Does the seller have to absolutely clear the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

bilbot79 wrote:
    When selling whats the deal with furniture and everything? Does the seller have to absolutely clear the house?

Yes, "vacant possession" is the term our solicitor referred to. We had two large IKEA wardrobes that we didnt need as our new house has fitted wardrobes. We sent a photo to the EA saying buyer was welcome to them free of charge if he wanted them, which he did.

When we bought that house it had been rented out and the EA said the vendors would "do a deal" for an extra 500 and allow us to keep all the furniture. Luckily we picked and chose what we wanted as it was really just a way to get us to buy their rubbish, when we were happy to increase our offer by 500 to secure the sale anyway. We only kept the couches, they left behind wardrobes and a mattress and we got the 500 back to dispose of that crap.

If you're the vendor you can ask the EA is there any furniture the buyer might like, or if you're the buyer you can ask for specific pieces. All they can say is no!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Gaeilgeoir_Dub

Our final checks are being done now, we needed to provide one month payslip and bank statement and answered a few short questions to say there was no change to our financial situation and we were comfortable making mortgage repayments. This was with KBC. We've had no questions from them since Friday so hoping to hear soon that the cheque is being issued.

Our final checks are being done now, we needed to provide one month payslip and bank statement and answered a few short questions to say there was no change to our financial situation and we were comfortable making mortgage repayments. This was with KBC. We've had no questions from them since Friday so hoping to hear soon that the cheque is being issued.

We've got confirmation we're good to go, nothing further required. This is with Finance Ireland through a broker. I have to say I anticipated a much more involved process. We were asked for documents, we provided them when requested and that was that. I think our application is probably quite straightforward but I also think using a broker cut out much of the leg work for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭itsusuallyjazz

Hi All,
    I went Sale agreed on a house 31st Oct and there are still no contracts with my solicitor. When I chased the estate agent he advised he would check and come back to me but he knows the vendors are under pressure as they are also sale agreed and their vendor wants the process completed - so far no further update from him and that was 10 days ago

Spoke to my solicitor and she has advised that the vendors solicitor is still waiting for the title deeds from the bank and she thinks someone has dropped the ball here as that should have been one of the first things they organised....

Anyone been in this type of situation? how long does it take for banks to issue title deeds?

once this is sorted and the contracts are with my solicitor all going well what is the average turn around time?

thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Hi. Before being allowed to make an offer on a property, the estate agent has asked us to provide written confirmation of our mortgage approval. Is there any way of providing this without weakening our position with the EA knowing how much we have been approved for?

gandalfio wrote: »
    Hi. Before being allowed to make an offer on a property, the estate agent has asked us to provide written confirmation of our mortgage approval. Is there any way of providing this without weakening our position with the EA knowing how much we have been approved for?

I would say you can provide him the AIP with the numbers deducted? :eek::D

bilbot79 wrote: »

We left behind only some furniture that the new owners were buying off us. It depends on what it says in the contract. In ours there was no reference to anything included, so we could have stripped the whole apartments (kitchen appliances, lightbulbs, etc) but you need to be a bit mean to do that

We've got confirmation we're good to go, nothing further required. This is with Finance Ireland through a broker. I have to say I anticipated a much more involved process. We were asked for documents, we provided them when requested and that was that. I think our application is probably quite straightforward but I also think using a broker cut out much of the leg work for us.

Congrats!

Milena009 wrote: »
    I would say you can provide him the AIP with the numbers deducted? :eek::D

This

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭VegetaIRL8e

Anyone experience with "Letter of consent" from the bank. Buying a house, which was in neg equity, went sale agreed at end of October and still waiting for this to come through, Although the vendor has non official written and a verbal confirmation, its just the admin of the official document. I'm worried that my 6 months will time out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Is there a good way of telling when an EA has you bidding against yourself? I think that is what might be happening to me right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Reins

Markitron wrote: »
    Is there a good way of telling when an EA has you bidding against yourself? I think that is what might be happening to me right now.

Have a friend ring the estate agent and ask if there's any offers on the property and how many bidders are involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Reins wrote: »
    Have a friend ring the estate agent and ask if there's any offers on the property and how many bidders are involved.

That's not a bad idea, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Markitron wrote: »

Does this sort of thing happen often? Seems extremely unprofessional (and possibly illegal?) to me

Advertisement