Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joexit-is Joe back for 2020?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Asitis2019 wrote: »
    I have stood steadfastly by my position.

Just because I have a contrary opinion, does not mean that I am a troll.

Correct.
    You have a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,944 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Now that Fadder Brian got an OBE, will Jow be wanting one.

Mena Mitty wrote: »

That’s Friday nites late late show sorted.

Sir Joseph Duffy O.B.E.

Nice ring to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Asitis2019

Gods Gift wrote: »

Sir Joseph Duffy O.B.E.

Nice ring to it.

Wow, that is fantastic news. Can somebody post the link please?

I'm absolutely delighted for him - it is an enormous accolade and longer overdue. It solidifies his position as the nation's top broadcaster.

Sorry, I will respond to the other posts tomorrow - I will call some friends to spread this great news. Wow.

Woohoo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,944 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Sir Joseph Duffy O.B.E.

Nice ring to it.

You're right there's a ring to it now that I see it in print.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I'm absolutely delighted for him - it is an enormous accolade and longer overdue. It solidifies his position as the nation's top broadcaster.

Sorry, I will respond to the other posts tomorrow - I will call some friends to spread this great news. Wow.

Woohoo

Are you allowed use a mobile phone in Dundrum?

I have stood steadfastly by my position.

Just because I have a contrary opinion, does not mean that I am a troll.

No, but it absolutely does not mean you’re right or that your position holds any weight or up to any scrutiny.

But keep this up, it’s the best comedy to come out of RTE since “Paths to Freedom”.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

The terrible truth of it though is that dese gurriers land up here and say to themselves "haha easy pickings I'll have some craic here etc" so they Shiite post easy takes and get an auld buzz going but then for more ammo they actually listen and say "heheh that was obviously an off day he can't really be so poor..." and then maybe it's bad the next time too but "i kept listening Joe even though..."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭furiousox

Woohoo

Yeah it was first mentioned here yesterday I think?

http://m.quickmeme.com/img/4a/4a4e23bc905ca8cde2500319bbff11ab4757ae7efb3bd2a240426750a65d76b5.jpg

You're welcome.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Get out now fer gawds sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Are you allowed use a mobile phone in Dundrum?

Didn't end well for the last lad that rang Duffy from the Joy. !!

Edit,; or was it Cloverhill.

Didn't end well for the last lad that rang Duffy from the Joy. !!

Edit,; or was it Cloverhill.

I do tink it was Port Laoise caller, but I’m not wan hundred pur cent certain of it so to speak.

withless wrote: »
    The current troll is putting the work in it has to be said.

Shure if you only wurked 75mins (with breaks) a day, 4 days a week, 40 weeks of the year you’d have plenty of time to get a bit of an auld buzz goin’ to go trolling too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Really sick of Duffy using politicians and their pensions as his measuring post for every average person who has an issue with their pension. His own working conditions are far more generous and far more privileged. Politicians get less than 100K and can lose their job without any notice every five years, whereas he gets four times that and will be carried out of RTE in a box. RTE also allow him to air his own opinions on air, which he should not be allowed to do, and to get free advertising for his own Twitter page (and thus his own books about the death of somebody or other). And at the end of the day the politicians are paid for a very high pressure job of taking very important decisions about the future of the country, Duffy is paid to run his own radio soapbox for about 5 hours a week.

It's similar to the way he gives out about the "ridiculous" taxes that we are charged, yet there is never any mention of the TV license on a show that purports never to neglect any issue about RTE. Remember when Duffy was confronted by that brilliant priest from Alive magazine about why they never have a discussion about the license or about RTE and he comes back with "Were you not listening to the show last Monday" - when they had some peripheral discussion about RTE but nothing directly related to the license.

Sick to death of his hypocrisy and how he gets away with presenting a show and NO caller ever gets through to put this to him? All opinions thoroughly vetted to make sure they are Pravda friendly no doubt. People need to realize that on the radio you are getting a subset of views and opinions that they broadcasters want you to hear.

Really sick of Duffy using politicians and their pensions as his measuring post for every average person who has an issue with their pension. His own working conditions are far more generous and far more privileged. Politicians get less than 100K and can lose their job without any notice every five years, whereas he gets four times that and will be carried out of RTE in a box. RTE also allow him to air his own opinions on air, which he should not be allowed to do, and to get free advertising for his own Twitter page (and thus his own books about the death of somebody or other). And at the end of the day the politicians are paid for a very high pressure job of taking very important decisions about the future of the country, Duffy is paid to run his own radio soapbox for about 5 hours a week.

It's similar to the way he gives out about the "ridiculous" taxes that we are charged, yet there is never any mention of the TV license on a show that purports never to neglect any issue about RTE. Remember when Duffy was confronted by that brilliant priest from Alive magazine about why they never have a discussion about the license or about RTE and he comes back with "Were you not listening to the show last Monday" - when they had some peripheral discussion about RTE but nothing directly related to the license.

Sick to death of his hypocrisy and how he gets away with presenting a show and NO caller ever gets through to put this to him? All opinions thoroughly vetted to make sure they are Pravda friendly no doubt. People need to realize that on the radio you are getting a subset of views and opinions that they broadcasters want you to hear.

Well he'll be replacing Johnathan Paxman (as Mr. Duffy calls him) on the BBC soon enough or off the CNN according to one poster so we needn't worry.................:pac:

I heard he was also approached by al jazeera.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I heard he was also approached by al jazeera.

Praise be to allah

sligojoek wrote: »
    Praise be to allah

His in-depth knowledge of the miggle east n dat.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Wonder will he have Richie Kavanagh as a roving reporter in with the tractors today ?.

Heard an ad for LL this morning, wacker the" on the run" failed soldier was front and centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,821 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

You're right there's a ring to it now that I see it in print.

They do speculate Uranus has rings.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Field east

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Olga Chuckalot - Russian shot-putter champion of 1977
    champion in what ? Senior men’s, senior women’s, para olympics equivalent, transitioned to women’s senior section, transitioned to men’s senior section or what?

Ha! Ha! Fair play for keeping this up!

To get your own facts straight, those quotes are all his own, and therefore have no third party validation. Also, it is almost certain the offer he refers to was from Newstalk - big step down from the BBC and CNN, isn’t it? Even if the alleged poaching was real, I suspect he realized he wouldn’t have things as easy under a different paymaster than in RTE so took the easy option.

Historian? Lol. Engaging in your death fetish and profiting from the deaths of children whilst implying a charitable link does not a historian make.

Columnist? For the Irish Daily Fail? Have you ever read his columns? They’re so lightweight they make your average Lahv Lahn episode look like a convention for Astro Physicists.

Enhances lives? He gives us a laugh through his incompetence and unprofessionalism alright, and a bigger laugh when he loses the plot and explodes like a bull in a china shop.....but other than that no I can’t see how he enhances anything other than his bank balance.

Keep this up though, at the end of the year we can collate all of your posts chronologically and p*ss ourselves laughing at it.

Irish people love comedy. I listen to Lavh Lahn and JOE DUFFY presenting it whenever I can. Board ie comments massively enhances my enjoyment of same.
    Where else is such high quality comedy/drama available for FREE, accessed at the touch of a button while sitting at home (optional)in a comfortable chair(optional) with your eyes closed (optional) . Long may the movement livh

The bike on ‘The Childern of the North ‘ should swing it. If not a volume 2 around the same issue should do it

• Registered Users Posts: 38,821 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

His in-depth knowledge of the miggle east n dat.

Dat would be somewhere around north of Wexford, an' dat.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Field east wrote: »
    Irish people love comedy. I listen to Lavh Lahn and JOE DUFFY presenting it whenever I can. Board ie comments massively enhances my enjoyment of same.
    Where else is such high quality comedy/drama available for FREE, accessed at the touch of a button while sitting at home (optional)in a comfortable chair(optional) with your eyes closed (optional) . Long may the movement livh

Wat colour is yer chair?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,462 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I need a pay rise.

If you like comedy, you'll love the collated comments of Asitis2019. See earlier in the thread for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Whacker the Solider on the promo for the show. It just stops short of mentioning the Geneva convention though.

• Advertisement

Whacker the Solider on the promo for the show. It just stops short of mentioning the Geneva convention though.

Was De Rapid Evacuation of SligoTown discussed so to speak?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement