Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joexit-is Joe back for 2020?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

TENI - the tiny lobby group that got the dangerous self-ID laws introduced behind closed doors on the back of the success of the Marriage Ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,081 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I don't know if I'd say nobody has done anything wrong here.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭MmmChocolate

It's definitely a challenge when you're presenting a radio show and you can't imediately tell which side of the argument keeps you on your self-proclaimed mission as de ordinary man's spokesman. so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

What next?..................a gay Taoiseach?

All this started with Gay Byrne.......?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

zell12 wrote: »
    That would never happen

It's a leap year though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Claire... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,462 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Claire had a very very masculine voice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Joe confirms it - NOX is the new versatis.
    God almighty.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,821 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I want to become a Leprechaun..........can anyone help me??

Practice by wearing your shoes on your knees.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Can a car not transition to become less obNOXious?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Nox tax is set to DESTROY pol importing cars !

Can a car not transition to become less obNOXious?

Radio presenters next.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,462 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Lisa-Marie Berry is the producer

• Registered Users Posts: 19,979 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

like the idea of him getting stuck in to the NOX tax, the VRT is bad/illegal enough. Never mind paying for the 2 of them

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Radio presenters next.

How do I transition to become a very well paid radio presenter when I’m not quite articulate do to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

How do I transition to become a very well paid radio presenter when I’m not quite articulate do to speak?

You marry into RTE so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Floppybits wrote: »
    Did Joe cut this person off?

Appropriate username for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Was listening today but only at the computer now. Firstly, Joe was on with Ronan Collins giving a preview, Nox tax was top of his agenda then, but no mention of it in the programme until he was signing off. WTF? Why have it in the preview?
    Secondly, wheelchair guy said he was in Dun Laoighre Dart station. 90 seconds later, ever attentive Joe asks “what station was it?.” This seems to be a daily occurrence lately.
    And lastly, Joe must have accidentally overdosed on his “SoToSpeak” tablets this morning, he was particularly bad with it today.
    So to speak.

but no mention of it in the programme until he was signing off. WTF? Why have it in the preview?

It became a running joke that whatever was mentioned in the preview wouldn't be in the show, or at most one item might be.
    Perhaps he's been told to get his shyt together, but I doubt it.

Yer Da's left, here's yer Aunty Dickectomy.

I think the operation’s called a “strapadicktomy” - apparently

• Advertisement

It became a running joke that whatever was mentioned in the preview wouldn't be in the show, or at most one item might be.
    Perhaps he's been told to get his shyt together, but I doubt it.

Became? It has been for a long time, and still is. Those of us who post on the promo usually say “here’s what might be coming up on the show today” (even Ronan Collins does this) or go the full hog with “here’s what won’t be on the show today”.

Was listening today but only at the computer now. Firstly, Joe was on with Ronan Collins giving a preview, Nox tax was top of his agenda then, but no mention of it in the programme until he was signing off. WTF? Why have it in the preview?
    Secondly, wheelchair guy said he was in Dun Laoighre Dart station. 90 seconds later, ever attentive Joe asks “what station was it?.” This seems to be a daily occurrence lately.
    And lastly, Joe must have accidentally overdosed on his “SoToSpeak” tablets this morning, he was particularly bad with it today.
    So to speak.

Not listening is nothing new. Another recurring joke here so to speak.

What frustrates me almost as much as the so to speak overload is he rarely if ever uses it correctly (like much of the English language), he just throws it in whenever he’s stuck for words (regularly) or as filler.

Total pro though, off to the BBC and/or CNN according to some.:pac:

So to speak.

Speaking of running jokes so to speak -
    Are you new here? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Asitis2019

Not listening is nothing new. Another recurring joke here so to speak.

What frustrates me almost as much as the so to speak overload is he rarely if ever uses it correctly (like much of the English language), he just throws it in whenever he’s stuck for words (regularly) or as filler.

Total pro though, off to the BBC and/or CNN according to some.:pac:

To get the facts straight, Joe has received offers. Please refer to this news article here: https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish-showbiz/joe-duffy-opens-up-receiving-20582310 Also, here: https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/joe-duffy-admits-almost-quit-12052401

I'll quote a piece: “I was offered once. I had to consider it because it was so ginormous of an offer but at the end of the day, I felt that the ethos of RTE and what I do on Liveline is very suited to the organisation, rather than somewhere else.”

You must remember that Joe is not merely a radio presenter - he is an author, a historian, and a columnist. He has written that although he does not save lives, he enhances lives. "I'm not a firefighter, I'm not a nurse - we don't save lives. I think we enhance lives." I would tend to agree.

Long may it continue

Asitis2019 wrote: »
    To get the facts straight, Joe has received offers. Please refer to this news article here: https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish-showbiz/joe-duffy-opens-up-receiving-20582310 Also, here: https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/joe-duffy-admits-almost-quit-12052401

I'll quote a piece: “I was offered once. I had to consider it because it was so ginormous of an offer but at the end of the day, I felt that the ethos of RTE and what I do on Liveline is very suited to the organisation, rather than somewhere else.”

You must remember that Joe is not merely a radio presenter - he is an author, a historian, and a columnist. He has written that although he does not save lives, he enhances lives. "I'm not a firefighter, I'm not a nurse - we don't save lives. I think we enhance lives." I would tend to agree.

Long may it continue

Ha! Ha! Fair play for keeping this up!

To get your own facts straight, those quotes are all his own, and therefore have no third party validation. Also, it is almost certain the offer he refers to was from Newstalk - big step down from the BBC and CNN, isn’t it? Even if the alleged poaching was real, I suspect he realized he wouldn’t have things as easy under a different paymaster than in RTE so took the easy option.

Historian? Lol. Engaging in your death fetish and profiting from the deaths of children whilst implying a charitable link does not a historian make.

Columnist? For the Irish Daily Fail? Have you ever read his columns? They’re so lightweight they make your average Lahv Lahn episode look like a convention for Astro Physicists.

Enhances lives? He gives us a laugh through his incompetence and unprofessionalism alright, and a bigger laugh when he loses the plot and explodes like a bull in a china shop.....but other than that no I can’t see how he enhances anything other than his bank balance.

Keep this up though, at the end of the year we can collate all of your posts chronologically and p*ss ourselves laughing at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Speaking of running jokes so to speak -
    Are you new here? :pac:

You got there before me.
    Became? It has been for a long time, and still is. Those of us who post on the promo usually say “here’s what might be coming up on the show today” (even Ronan Collins does this) or go the full hog with “here’s what won’t be on the show today”.

Coincidentally, Ronan put a l;ot of emphasis on the word 'might' today.

Ha! Ha! Fair play for keeping this up!

To get your own facts straight, those quotes are all his own, and therefore have no third party validation. Also, it is almost certain the offer he refers to was from Newstalk - big step down from the BBC and CNN, isn’t it? Even if the alleged poaching was real, I suspect he realized he wouldn’t have things as easy under a different paymaster than in RTE so took the easy option.

Historian? Lol. Engaging in your death fetish and profiting from the deaths of children whilst implying a charitable link does not a historian make.

Columnist? For the Irish Daily Fail? Have you ever read his columns? They’re so lightweight they make your average Lahv Lahn episode look like a convention for Astro Physicists.

Enhances lives? He gives us a laugh through his incompetence and unprofessionalism alright, and a bigger laugh when he loses the plot and explodes like a bull in a china shop.....but other than that no I can’t see how he enhances anything other than his bank balance.

Keep this up though, at the end of the year we can collate all of your posts chronologically and p*ss ourselves laughing at it.

I don't mean to personalize this debate, but is it perhaps that you are reeling from some rejection from Joe. Did you send in a tape, and he not give an audition, or did he slight you in some way.

All I will say, is we should be thankful that we have this type of talent in our country. Not every country has a broadcaster of the quality of Joe Diffy

363,000 people can't be wrong.

Asitis2019 wrote: »
    I don't mean to personalize this debate, but is it perhaps that you are reeling from some rejection from Joe. Did you send in a tape, and he not give an audition, or did he slight you in some way.

All I will say, is we should be thankful that we have this type of talent in our country. Not every country has a broadcaster of the quality of Joe Diffy

363,000 people can't be wrong.

Oh god make it stop! I’m actually in pain I’m laughing so much here!

Next it’ll be that he rejected my advances.

Are you paid to be this much of a sycophant? I hope you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

The current troll is putting the work in it has to be said.

• Advertisement

withless wrote: »
    The current troll is putting the work in it has to be said.

I have stood steadfastly by my position.

Just because I have a contrary opinion, does not mean that I am a troll.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement