Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election Thread - Dublin West - SEE MOD NOTE IN POST 1

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,029 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I'd imagine all supporting but I think it will fail anyway and we'll be looking at another election.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

If it fails to get through the greens will be all but wiped out IMO.

Why are members of the party in the North allowed a vote?

Local councillors and some TD's treating Éamon Ryan disgracefully, solely on the back of a leadership contest.

'The environment will be destroyed in 10 years'. So we'll sit in opposition again for another 5.

If they really thought they were going to get more in the PFG or will a second time around they are deluded.

Allowing local councillors way too much air time.

I gave Roderic a high preference and he has done a lot for the area but he needs to be more vocal in his support of this deal as do all their TD's.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Fiddle Castro

O'Gorman is very much in favour of the PFG.

https://twitter.com/rodericogorman/status/1275107521284517889

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I think it's important to know how they'll all vote as it would make a difference to how I vote for them in the next general or local election. The Greens especially as there seems to be much division among them across the country, I was wondering if that division penetrated to D15 also.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't a 100% buy-in from the FFs and FGs though, but still worth asking to confirm.

Eg, I was checking Whooley's twitter feed. It wasn't particularly enlightening as to his thoughts on his vote (a vague sense of him voting against it, but nothing concrete from what I could see). Hence, the question here, if anyoine can point to anything that shows how they'll vote one way or another.

Agreed on Whooley's Twitter feed, he does appear to against it.

He had Tweeted something earlier re. it but has since deleted the Tweet. Any idea what it was?

• Advertisement

No. Saw that he deleted something alright, but didn't see it prior.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,842 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The Greens have ****ed it either way, by this public division.

Basically, we're in World War economics without the shooting. The whole show is shagged for the next 2 to 3 years. So, the Greens can either man up and take some responsibility as legislators and be involved in a programme for economic recovery that has a green tinge to it, OR, they can watch on from the wings as deals are done with the Healy Raes, Verona Murphy, Michael Fitzmaurice, Marian Harkin and a few others to make it happen and the green objectives are fecked in the bin to pay for it.

This is senior hurling lads, theres only a very slim chance of another general election in the current health emergency.

His comments about Eamon Ryan a couple weeks ago would indicate he'd be happy enough voting against what he was voting for

Larbre34 wrote: »
    The Greens have ****ed it either way, by this public division.

Basically, we're in World War economics without the shooting. The whole show is shagged for the next 2 to 3 years. So, the Greens can either man up and take some responsibility as legislators and be involved in a programme for economic recovery that has a green tinge to it, OR, they can watch on from the wings as deals are done with the Healy Raes, Verona Murphy, Michael Fitzmaurice, Marian Harkin and a few others to make it happen and the green objectives are fecked in the bin to pay for it.

This is senior hurling lads, theres only a very slim chance of another general election in the current health emergency.

Well said and if they are thinking they could renegotiate with SF who would not give them next or near the promises FF & FG they'll be digging a bigger hole

Remind me wrote: »
    His comments about Eamon Ryan a couple weeks ago would indicate he'd be happy enough voting against what he was voting for

Whooley? What did he say?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

I see the IRA man is abusing his power, not surprised, keep it in the family.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/politics/arid-40821834.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭AlanG

Interesting situation alright but really only shows how similar they are to other parties - this sort of carry on goes on across the board - Just look at Catherine Martins family for an example. There are far more serious things to criticise SF for.

Advertisement