Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penny Dreadful: City of Angels (Showtime)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The Nazi doctor was in the original series I think , he looks like the guy who played Frankensteins monster.

Yep, same actor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Melodeon

The Nazi doctor was in the original series I think , he looks like the guy who played Frankensteins monster.

Yep, Rory Kinnear, also played The Creature in the original Penny Dreadful.

Interestingly, given the bit of discussion of the movie Beau Geste his character (Peter Craft) was involved with in one of the earlier episodes of City of Angels, his father starred in what was probably the greatest interpretation of the Beau Geste story in cinematic history!:
    Roy Kinnear
    The Last Remake of Beau Geste

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Catching this now on Sky. Very strong sense of Deja Vu. 'Perry Mason' is also set in LA during the 30's and has an evangelical Church with its Diva and dodgy congregation.
    Natalie Dormer is good but Rory Kinnear is a very odd proto Nazi. The special effects are amazing so will stick with it for the moment but Perry Mason is a far better production :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭paulbok

I struggled to finish it but did over the weekend.
    Too much filler in it, it could easily have fitted into 6 episodes. It also suffered from not knowing if it was a historical /crime /horror story.

Slight off tangent;
    I know some have already praised the special effects, but I am starting to really dislike the modern cgi effects, great and all that they are, that anything can now be created, but they all seem to have a yellow tinge to them that I find off putting. Not just this show, even movies have it. The final battle scene in Avengers Endgame also felt a bit 'yellow' too. Infinity wars didn't seem to suffer from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,387 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Finding this series had work but don't want to give up if the last few episodes are worth sticking around for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,596 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Well no point watching the last 4 episodes now. I'll just read some recaps for them instead

Advertisement