Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weekend On One With Brendan O'Connor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,095 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

good call dude, these lads need to hang up their boots and stop bleeding the system.

Way too much of a smell about all this stuff. Seanie has had his day, give some new blood a chance surely.

Way too close for comfort is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Would, certainly, make it easier to stick to Newstalk for Anton Savage’s show if O’Rourke took over.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I think he would do well with the first hour on Sunday but not so good for the other three hours.

It's only a rumour anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭RINO87

100%.

Somebody mentioned a fresh voice. While that would be ideal, we'll hardly hear one with the hiring freeze etc.

As an aside, if Sean's son is press advisor to Pippa, maybe itstime he hang up the boots too, she gets destroyed everytime she's thrown on a panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Harbour court.... Don't mention the inadequate Gardai response!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭leath_dub

In fairness to O'Rourke his interview style would be fairly robust. He als seems to be back in the RTE tent already, based on his recent podcast output

Post edited by leath_dub on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Sean O rourke is not the solution, he's part of the problem, he should retire away quietly somewhere he's trousered enough 💶💶💶

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Lord save us from this sycophantic nonsense - Callan and O'Connor stroking each others egos whilst throwing oliver branches to poor old Tubridy.

Ballsy perked up when Callan says it's only a two year contract now! Out the door.

Jaysus, didn’t expect an interview with Peter Cunnah to be this emotional.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement

An interesting exchange of views on the forthcoming referendums this morning, though thought that Ballsy was unnecessarily complicating his questions to Ms.Steen and then complaining when she had to elaborate.

Then along comes the Pandemic Poet ... Jesus wept and it's off.

I thought he wasn’t even trying with her, she’d give an answer but leave out a section of the population and when Brendan would ask her about it she’d get flummoxed and ramble.

She gave a good account on behalf of all women, those who can choose to stay at home and those who work.

Brendan tried to complicate it by dragging in same sex relationships etc.

Thought she sounded like something from a bygone era, myself. Not out of place with Dev and ‘The Ireland That We Dreamed Of’.

I’d Brendan wouldn’t be too comfortable grilling someone like that. He got badly bitten by that sort in the past and his acrobatic bending over backwards for “balance” is the consequence we all have to endure as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭thesandeman

The people claiming that women don't have equality must have been really pissed off with the second guest when she started listing out all the top jobs that females have 😃.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Da far roight under da bed again this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 67,030 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I thought that was a reasonable non sensationalist conversation about the issues tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭applehunter

Some line up yesterday.

Fergus Finlay, Hazel Chu, Olivia Kelly (IT) & Cormac Lucey

4 vs 1

Save us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Re the segment on immigration - FF had his say, HC had her say, OK had her say...and then Brendan (€1560 per hr) O'Connor, cut to an ad break because nobody in Ireland wanted to hear Cormac talking sense - Disgraceful stuff

Yep, heard the run of nodding heads and turned it off. I suppose it makes sense from an RTE point of view to be so partial as their future funding is entirely within the control of the government.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭applehunter

Isn’t it great that we all agree?

Heard Drury on RTE this morning and all I can say is WTF.

Lad tries to blame the Govt totally for this total disaster and even has the neck to suggest that Govt need to fund RTE better

Went on to speculate that in the great scheme of things these happenings should not dominate the headlines.

Even Ballsy accused him of whataboutery which it definitely was.

Now successive Govts do have a case to answer in the fact that they didn’t rein in these cowboys and girls in the Pink Palace.

However with several of ‘leading actors’ still in situ, more slates being lifted and more ‘strange life’ being brought into the open.

Nobody in their right mind would pump taxpayers money into that place given the current way it is structured and the personell

running it still intact.

Long way to run on this…….. be aware of the vested interests trying to queer the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,068 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

He's former RTE himself and demonstrated for all to hear the RTE arrogance.

Even when they've been caught with their hand in the till, he seemed to say so what.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭archfi

Indeed. Every single political grouping/party and non-governmental is out demanding massive taxpayers money to prop up their now fully fledged mouthpiece.

Even the very, very never ever working class revolutionaries like RBB and the Byrne fella are demanding half a billion to their favourite PR firm.

Post edited by archfi on

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭beachhead

How much? Have not any amounts mentioned anywhere.Not in the Tubs range I expect

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭beachhead

Listening to Ballsy’s and the panel this morning one would make one wonder .

Seems everyone except the top management and the ‘talent’ were on penury wedges.

I find it difficult to believe that, I would suggest that RTE would be the top payers in the sector.

Very difficult to get firm knowledge of all the so called ‘staff’ wedges, as it is for all sectors of RTE.

They also seem to think the public are not interested in the goings on in RTE….. wrong buddy….it’s our money

that gives you lot the free cars, free restaurant meals, concert tickets, junkets etc.

Enough of that guff lads- John Q duddnt buy that waffle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

I don’t know why this thread calls him “ballsy”, probably sarcastic, he interrupted Alison regarding SNR 4 times so not to get him or RTE in legal trouble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

This Denise one is so far up her own hole it’s quite unbelievable

Advertisement