Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Restoration of Stormont

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

Is the cash for ash scandal forgotten about then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Is the cash for ash scandal forgotten about then?

There's a report due out on that soon that'll be the end of Foster i'd say.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,546 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

BluePlanet wrote: »
    Apparently Jeffrey Donaldson is out claiming the win that the DUP will have a veto over the Irish language, because that's the important stuff - stopping the IL.

https://www.derryjournal.com/news/politics/dup-has-veto-over-irish-language-standards-says-jeffrey-donaldson-1-9197648

I suppose that it's all they really have. I mean, they've just undermined the foundation of the UK which is their entire raison-d'etre so they have to present something as a win to their base.

I don't know if this is true or not but that's how I'd read it.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

BluePlanet wrote: »
    Apparently Jeffrey Donaldson is out claiming the win that the DUP will have a veto over the Irish language, because that's the important stuff - stopping the IL.

https://www.derryjournal.com/news/politics/dup-has-veto-over-irish-language-standards-says-jeffrey-donaldson-1-9197648

Talk about reconciliation.
    Just looking to get a rise out of the troops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Have unionists got a problem with Scots Gaelic?

As in the protestants and Presbyterian in Scotland who speak Scots Gaelic

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

It's the bottom line really. It's only heading one way...to a normal society.

Indeed. You only have to look at the results of the recent UK General election to see the evidence of an emerging nationalist majority in North, South and west Belfast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭weemcd

Seems Northern Ireland aren't getting nearly the amount of money in a handout they were expecting. 1-2 billion instead of 5. With Brexit beginning I think this will be the status quo from now on. London's purse strings will be tied and I'd expect anyone who recieves EU subsidies to be the first casualty - farmers and infrastructure investment spring to mind.

Much of this has to sit with Dodds and Foster, their histrionics during their confidence and supply agreement have left them shunted and disowned. Discarded and useless to the Tories.

Also decades of financial mismanagement in Northern Ireland has come back to bite the entire Stormont executive. They have not made a good start this week.

RHI incoming, and Brexit. Hold on tight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

weemcd wrote: »
    Seems Northern Ireland aren't getting nearly the amount of money in a handout they were expecting. 1-2 billion instead of 5. With Brexit beginning I think this will be the status quo from now on. London's purse strings will be tied and I'd expect anyone who recieves EU subsidies to be the first casualty - farmers and infrastructure investment spring to mind.

Much of this has to sit with Dodds and Foster, their histrionics during their confidence and supply agreement have left them shunted and disowned. Discarded and useless to the Tories.

Also decades of financial mismanagement in Northern Ireland has come back to bite the entire Stormont executive. They have not made a good start this week.

RHI incoming, and Brexit. Hold on tight.

How soon will the blame game start?

SF will stay quiet until after the GE down south

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭weemcd

How soon will the blame game start?

SF will stay quiet until after the GE down south

It's inevitable, I think you're right though SF will probably keep their nose clean for about a month. But trust when RHI enquiry does come out they will hound Foster. Would bet 50/50 on a collapse after that if she doesn't step down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,945 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It's inevitable, I think you're right though SF will probably keep their nose clean for about a month. But trust when RHI enquiry does come out they will hound Foster. Would bet 50/50 on a collapse after that if she doesn't step down.

In fairness Conor Murphy signalled this before the parties reached a deal and is not being silent now either.

https://www.thejournal.ie/stormont-funding-package-4967540-Jan2020/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,714 ✭✭✭✭maccored

she deserves to be hounded and she should have already stepped down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Ulster scots has it's own quiz book you can get on Amazon.

It is therefore a true language and warrants holding up democracy in Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,714 ✭✭✭✭maccored

"Forenenst" is a word my dad used to use a lot. Never realised it was ulster scots til relatively recently:

http://www.ulsterscotsacademy.com/words/hamely-tongue/f/fornenst.php

Advertisement