Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Yearly Goals

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭JMcL

JMcL wrote: »
    Goals for 2020:

Stretch total out to over 6000km. I topped 5000 for the first time in 2019 (almost double the nadir of 2018). Be less bothered about the weather - last year ended on the right footing on that one, so I mean to continue. Longer spins - I'm time pressed with family stuff so trying to find 4 hours for 100lm spins is tough. Will remedy this by getting out of the house before 7am soon as the mornings stretch out a bit and try to fit in at least one a month between say March and October at a minimum. Top 150km on a single spin for the first time

Covid put the kibosh on most of this. I did hit the 6000km target just after Christmas, but up to March I'd have been on target for over 7000. I took to the turbo for the first lockdown, which in fairness did me a power of good. I couldn't work up the enthusiasm to do long distances during any of the 5km restrictions - I'm in the coast so have a semi-circle. 2 30km loops was about the most I could stomach, The centuries were few and far between as a result, though had a very pleasant early morning out and back plus a bit on the Waterford Greenway in June

Haven't set any goals for this year as I can see the Turbo being pressed into service for the next while with the way things are going

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

so, finished the year at 4,394.7 km, a little way off the 8k i'd been hoping for.

Not quite the highest milage quoted here but, by my reckoning, you must be a clear winner in the 2020 Boards Cycling posts competition 😉

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

that's what i get for spending a lot of my days looking at progress bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Managed 5400km. I had hoped for 7000 but motivation faded badly from around mid october. Only went over 100km once - 14 loops of a short circuit during the 2km restrictions. I really missed my commute in terms of volume. I found it hard to get out during the week. That’s three relatively low years in a row for me so I’ll set my self a soft target of 7000 for 2021 and see how it goes.

Advertisement