Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show 03/01/20

Options
  • 02-01-2020 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,898 ✭✭✭

Well folks 2020 is getting off to a very bad start absolute rubbish of a show to start the New Year and of course not forgetting the death segment

The Late Late Show returns to the screens tomorrow for its first show of 2020.Former president Mary McAleese will discuss adjusting to life after presidency, taking on the Catholic church and offer her views on Brexit and its potential impact on Northern Ireland.

Dermot Bannon will reveal the trials and tribulations in overseeing an extensive renovation to his home.

Actress Miriam Margoyles will discuss her career on stage and screen

Kathleen Keyes will discuss the letter she penned to the Irish Times marking the anniversary of the death of her last surviving child.

Singer Nathan Carter, who celebrates 10 years in Ireland this month, will give a special performance alongside The High Kings.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,168 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Sweet lord, thats grim, even by LLS standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

This really annoys me. RTE slapping themselves on the back about what a great weekend they have lined up for us all. I know a lot of people who work in the entertainment industry, who get far less money than the RTE stars, and they were working every night of the Christmas. That is what you are meant to do supposedly when you are an entertainer. It just baffles me how RTE basically shuts down for three weeks. They should be doing some proper public service broadcasting and provide some live entertainment for the old and lonely. I mean it is not like they don't get enough holidays during the year already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Glebee

Shoot me now.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Good to see everyone here bring a more positive attitude into the new year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Ryan has been saved by marion finnucanes death. Something to pass an hour now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Might as well start how you mean to go on i.e. by interviewing Dermot Bannon and one of the Carters.

Anyone aiming for a dry January needs to steer clear of this LLS - would definitely drive ya to drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,462 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Absolute sh1te

easypazz wrote: »

Honestly I know it's bad but this was the first thing I thought about - Will they now have Father Joe Duffy on again telling poignant, sorry I mean "poignant", ......stories about Marian. I'd say they will re-arrange the show to put something together for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Might as well start how you mean to go on i.e. by interviewing Dermot Bannon and one of the Carters.

Anyone aiming for a dry January needs to steer clear of this LLS - would definitely drive ya to drink.
    How many more times do we have to endure Dermot Banning on the late late?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,168 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

And Nathan Carter .... again.

Christ he must live on the rte campus he's on that often..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Good to see everyone here bring a more positive attitude into the new year :D

I literally cannot wait for dermot bannon. He is always so interesting and knows so much about glass and natural light. And glass
    Nathan Carter is one of the best country singers on the go at the moment. When he sings, it melts the coldest of hearts.
    Mary mcaleese is an inspiration to young girls everywhere.

Literally counting down the hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,545 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Gods Gift wrote: »
    I literally cannot wait for dermot bannon. He is always so interesting and knows so much about glass and natural light. And glass
    Nathan Carter is one of the best country singers on the go at the moment. When he sings, it melts the coldest of hearts.
    Mary mcaleese is an inspiration to young girls everywhere.

Literally counting down the hours.

Have you been at the loop juice tonight ? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

easypazz wrote: »

B
    I
    N
    G
    O :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,898 ✭✭✭Storm 10

What I cant understand is who is responsible in RTE for signing off on this trash as entertainment, I know Tubridy would be part of it but they must live on a different planet because its gone to the dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,462 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Marion tribute show now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭HBC08

Dermot Bannon Check
    Nathan Carter Check
    Jason Bryne......not on.

Ah feic,i nearly completed the Late Late Show Triangle of Sh1te Bingo.

It usually takes til Paddies Day

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Bannon again, they are absolutely taking the p!ss. Bloody Hell.

Miriam Margoyles will be good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Marion tribute show now

Will Nell McCafferty be allowed on this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

Will Nell McCafferty be allowed on this time?

Doubt it, Ryan wouldn’t be able for her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Icsics wrote: »
    Doubt it, Ryan wouldn’t be able for her!

Nell sounded fairly OK on Radio 1 today

• Registered Users Posts: 54,884 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Bannon and Carter....again....absolute tripe...

And that Margoles owl 1 fooking grates me...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Bannon & Carter

Again.

Again.

I can't believe there's no mention of Dancing With Effectively Just Members Of The Public, although there will be a million ads for it. Suppose that'l be the bulk of the D'Arcy shiw tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Glebee

Operation Trans fcuking mation is back next week, theres definitley a LLS worth of stuff for them soon. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Ol' Donie wrote: »

I can't believe there's no mention of Dancing With Effectively Just Members Of The Public, although there will be a million ads for it. Suppose that'l be the bulk of the D'Arcy shiw tomorrow.

D'Arcy's finished. It's Tommy Tiernan tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Is Miriam margolyes not on tonight anymore? Tubridy didn’t mention her in the intro!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

That’s a fierce poor lineup.

Evening.

RIP Marion :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Strobe lighting for Marian?

• Advertisement

Big Kermit D Frog hand out in front.

Advertisement